Thread: Burst

Question Burst

With the changes at the RPPM trinkets (nerfs) we lost our 600k of burst, right? Or am I the only one that can't do it anymore?
    Cuz' of the changes at the reforge from Haste > Mastery > Crit to Mastery > Haste = Crit.
    Miss my good old burst, I'm hitting with some difficult 500k with BL and all at the pull so I want to know if I'm running something wrong or if it's normal and its happening to everyone.
    Last edited by Assaris; 2013-09-16 at 10:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They wanted to tone down the 'burst' at the pull.
    Also, the ToT trinkets are lasting less longer (which I believe was a big part of the burst as I reached around 45-50ks of agility during 20 seconds instead of during 10).

Deleted
    yea they nerfed it quite a bit but if im lucky with blindside procs i still manage to get 600k+ on pull with bloodlust. As khatsoo said they reduced the time of trinkets which means you cant hold that dps for as long as you could before.

I think that the phase we are going true is kind of f***ed up cuz' of the changes, at the reforges and stuff, the new 2p and 4p. With some luck it will get more stable and confortable at some point in the future.

*sigh* I wish I had some of my logs from Thok last night, because my at-pull burst was the same as it was in 5.3.

The key to good at-pull damage right now is to keep track of your trinket procs for the first 30 seconds, pop Vendetta right after SND, and pop Shadow Blades right when Renataki procs OR when you have 100k+ AP. I might come back and discuss this a bit more in a few hours, if I can find some logs from last night.

Note: It is COMPLETELY normal to feel like your at-pull DPS has been nerfed, but a good player can get past this setback.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    *sigh* I wish I had some of my logs from Thok last night, because my at-pull burst was the same as it was in 5.3.

The key to good at-pull damage right now is to keep track of your trinket procs for the first 30 seconds, pop Vendetta right after SND, and pop Shadow Blades right when Renataki procs OR when you have 100k+ AP. I might come back and discuss this a bit more in a few hours, if I can find some logs from last night.

Note: It is COMPLETELY normal to feel like your at-pull DPS has been nerfed, but a good player can get past this setback.
    Not really. Before we had 20 seconds of both trinkets guaranteed on the pull, which were aligned (on the last 12 seconds to fully benefit from renataki) with a full shadow blades. By getting unlucky with venomous wound/blindside procs we can also find ourselves energy starved which wasn't the case with the unnerfed 4pc. Our burst has definitely diminished at the pull but the increased damage of mutilate and dispatch more than makes up for it during the course of the fight.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Not really. Before we had 20 seconds of both trinkets guaranteed on the pull, which were aligned (on the last 12 seconds to fully benefit from renataki) with a full shadow blades. By getting unlucky with venomous wound/blindside procs we can also find ourselves energy starved which wasn't the case with the unnerfed 4pc. Our burst has definitely diminished at the pull but the increased damage of mutilate and dispatch more than makes up for it during the course of the fight.
    What I'm trying to tell you is that a good rogue can still get the same burst damage at the start of a pull as they did in 5.3.

For example, on this pull my guild did on Immersus on Day 1, with 540 ilvl and the same gear I had from 5.3, I was still able to do almost 10M damage on the pull without any potions.
    Our burst is still there, it's just not as burst-like on the meters.

As I said before, you just have to react fast to a) whether you get trinket procs, b) whether you get Relentless Strikes energy procs from your first few finishers.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

260k doesn't really sound bursty to me. I remember keeping ~400k on first Lei Shen pillar which was about 45 seconds, more time than you linked. Our burst is nowhere near what it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the first 36 seconds (same timeframe as you linked) of our last Raden's kill.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I dropped my 4pc because the set bonus wasn't worth it anymore, but I've only got 1 piece of gear that's above ToT quality (got it from Ordos) and my on-pull burst is about 450k right now. Mages, shamans and shadow priests are consistently at the top of the burst chart in our group.

I haven't seen the 500k burst like prepatch. But remember, we got sustain buffs.

Go combat for Dark Shaman and proceed to laugh at the other dps's weak attempts to catch your opening burst.

Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault or Renataki's Soul Charm?

The nerf at the second one made me think about it...

- - - Updated - - -

The first keeps 9.4k agi (upgrade 2x) for 20 seconds, the second one increase 1.6k agi every one second and at some point will hit 16k, but I wont be able to use this time to made some great damage, or I will, cant control things like Blindside, but then... Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Go combat for Dark Shaman and proceed to laugh at the other dps's weak attempts to catch your opening burst.
    Are you popping KS+Blade Flurry on the pull? Our guild spreads them out, a LOT, so I don't see the point of going Combat.

At Dark Shaman fight I did as Assass and my DPS wasn't bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give them a try tonight and I'm sure that multi-rupturing as Assassination will grant me good results.

I am still getting high burst on pulls with the new 2 pc.

500k on thok WoL

480k+ on Garrosh

It was hard without the new 2 pc to see some big numbers but it's definately still there.

Was at Thok last night and made my way back to the top, sadly the logs aren't update yet, but I was able to hit 700k+ at some trys, another just 600k, but still a high number and when I get those logs, I drag it here! GG guys! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    Are you popping KS+Blade Flurry on the pull? Our guild spreads them out, a LOT, so I don't see the point of going Combat.
    My guild keeps them stacked up. Highest I hit with combat opening burst was 1.2 mil using two 530 Hand of Animus. I've never EVER done that much burst before. Won me 1K gold. It really only works because the dogs are only up long enough for me to AD/SB then KS. Afterwards the bosses are spread and the burst phase is over. Found combat to be fairly effective overall on the fight and killing the dogs that fast off the top helped out.

Quote Originally Posted by xquizite View Post
    I am still getting high burst on pulls with the new 2 pc.

500k on thok WoL

480k+ on Garrosh

It was hard without the new 2 pc to see some big numbers but it's definately still there.
    You're getting pre-patch numbers done without heroism, but now you have to use heroism on Thok. You're getting the same numbers while an add wave is up on Garrosh (one third of damage was done to the adds). Our burst was definitely nerfed. (I looked at the same ~30-35 seconds window the OP has been referring to)
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-09-17 at 03:31 PM.