Glyph of Guided stars

Why is this a major glyph blizzard ?
    We complained about starfall hitting mobs out of combat, now we have to use 1 of 3 slots to fix it just for quality of life ? simply make it a minor glyph ? isnt that the obvious thing to do ?

- - - Updated - - -

by this logic , Bladestorm/blizzard/reign of fire from warlocks or w/e/fan of knives/mind sear/hurricane shud all hit mobs out of combat ?

Blizzard does hit all mobs that are out of combat, AFAIK :P

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Starfall has been hitting out-of-combat targets for a long time. Maybe it hits targets that aren't with YOU in combat, but it isn't the same.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

5 years too late. Costs a glyph when it should be default. Imo, as much as Blizzard says they treat all specs equally, it's stuff like this that make you think yours is ignored and all the development time went into warlock revamps and keeping all 3 locks viable.

This is a required glyph I can't think of a time you wouldnt want to have control over what starfall hits...

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    5 years too late. Costs a glyph when it should be default. Imo, as much as Blizzard says they treat all specs equally, it's stuff like this that make you think yours is ignored and all the development time went into warlock revamps and keeping all 3 locks viable.

This is a required glyph I can't think of a time you wouldnt want to have control over what starfall hits...
    Its a useless glyph in a raid, as starfall only hits mobs that are in combat anyway, good on timeless isle for not agroing other peoples mobs but why you'd want to use it in a raid i'd never know especially when it actually gimps your prepull starfall and causes trinkets not to proc as early as they can.

Starfall works as intended in combat for some time now. The long lasting problem isn't that it hits mobs in any combat state but that it hits CC'd mobs after a pull.

Honestly the only uses for it I can think of so far, are Dark Animus, Timeless Isle and dungeons/pulls where you use CC. Most definitely I wouldn't want it as default.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Its a useless glyph in a raid, as starfall only hits mobs that are in combat anyway, good on timeless isle for not agroing other peoples mobs but why you'd want to use it in a raid i'd never know especially when it actually gimps your prepull starfall and causes trinkets not to proc as early as they can.
    Because when you're doing a fight like Wind Lord or Council or Paragons you want starfall hitting important targets. Imagine if there was another Heroic Spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Starfall only drops a total of 20 Stars so if you only want damage on 1 target (Paragons of Klaxxi) then too bad.

My favourite part of this is that the Starfall tooltip says "only hits targets you're in combat with" which is a blatant lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Starfall works as intended in combat for some time now. The long lasting problem isn't that it hits mobs in any combat state but that it hits CC'd mobs after a pull.

Honestly the only uses for it I can think of so far, are Dark Animus, Timeless Isle and dungeons/pulls where you use CC. Most definitely I wouldn't want it as default.
    Why in the world not default? What is the benefit of it hitting 2 random mobs you're in combat with rather than 2 of your choosing? I can see for single target it wouldn't be mandatory, but this is how I would always want my starfall to behave. Please name scenarios where glyph would be detrimental.

If it were baseline, which it should be considering how many fights you actually need starfall to behave this way, you'd be open to more situational glyphs like HT, ursoc, roar range, and rebirth

10+ Year Old Account
    The only downfall I can think of when using Glyph of Guided Stars is that you have more of a chance to waste stars. If you pop Starfall and you accidentally let your DoTs expire on the second target you lose stars; if you pop Starfall pre-pull and don't immediately cast DoTs as you enter combat you lose stars; if there's 10 mobs grouped up and you Starfall then go into a Hurricane you don't get any stars -- you'd have to waste Hurricane channelling time on DoTing two random mobs just so your Starfall does damage. I take the glyph when I want to make sure I don't pull aggro, ie. Garrosh adds. That's about it. Otherwise most adds are picked up easily by the tank and there isn't any aggro issues. I don't want to run the risk of losing DPS to silly errors or sub-optimal dotting simply because of a glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    Because when you're doing a fight like Wind Lord or Council or Paragons you want starfall hitting important targets. Imagine if there was another Heroic Spine.
    You'd only use it on 1-2 fights, pretty much never 100% though.

I find my self not using this glyph on quite a lot of SoO fights, I dare to say it most of the time for my progression level (11/14). It has its niche use and its really good outdoors, so to the argument of making it baseline: if you think about it, it is already baseline in the sense that it hits all and you have a glyph to switch that. If you make not hitting it all baseline then you'd have to give us a glyph to make it hit all...

Which one is best? It just depends on ur situation, so no, leave it be and be happy that we got an option to choose how we want it to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason it isn't baseline; on protectors (non shared HP) it's great, on klaxxi, why hit 3 paragons when you only need to kill 1 paragon and the blood, or amber, or kovok? This guild gives us the option. It inflates meters, and is an EFFECTIVE dps loss (on some fights) to just go yolo and hit anything.

Intelligent play with the glyph, in some situations will yield a DPS increase.

If people can't see that, the problem isn't the glyph, its between the computer and the chair.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Very situational glyph - probably not used in more than 2-3 fights in a tier. Even then it's probably not a massive dps boost to use it.

Also some people like to trigger their trinkets from their initial Starfall cast I.e more chance to proc without wasting a gcd to cast wrath/dot etc.

Small matter anyway - slight effective dps boost on some fights, kinda dumb on others.
    Mew!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why it doesn't just PREFER mobs with DoTs (like other abilities do), but still default to hitting SOME valid (in combat) target if DoTs do not exist on 2 targets.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Starfall has been hitting out-of-combat targets for a long time. Maybe it hits targets that aren't with YOU in combat, but it isn't the same.
    I agree IIRC starfall as fixed to only hit mobs in combat since around the end ok LK. This glyph is so it wont hit mobs that are in combat but that you aren't currently engaged with. Like if your fighting a group and cast starfall I couldn't drag my mob over to you to get agro on you so you die.

The only fight I've really found it's helped on in SoO is the "Paragons of the Klaxxi" fight. If you aren't in range of one of the bosses and have aggro you get gripped towards them and take some damage. This happens on the pull when starfall is up and not timed correctly as well as when the paragons descend through out the fight as you are killing them. Still I don't believe it is mandatory as you're able to time your starfalls through out the fight like on Tortos in ToT when the bats spawned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    I agree IIRC starfall as fixed to only hit mobs in combat since around the end ok LK. This glyph is so it wont hit mobs that are in combat but that you aren't currently engaged with. Like if your fighting a group and cast starfall I couldn't drag my mob over to you to get agro on you so you die.
    It was supposed to be fixed at the end of WotlK. It wasn't actually fixed until much, much later. It also was supposed to be fixed not to break CC, which I think they finally fixed sometime in MoP. (Or did they?)
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre