Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifebind View Post
    Coined this on my disc priest, procs only from my auto attacks. GM ticket said it should proc off smite, etc. I'm now waiting on an escalated response.
    sorry i had to bump this thread because i have a question. do you have any new information on this matter?
    i thought that none of the dps trinkets procced for disc priests but i coined http://www.wowhead.com/item=104544 yesterday for my offspec and it proccs just fine even as disc. just wondering if they made http://www.wowhead.com/item=104426 procc too, that´d be awesome^^

No, purified bindings will only proc from

Melee/Auto Attack Swings

And not from

SW: P
    Mind Seer
    Smite
    Holy Fire/ PW: Sol
    Penance
    Your Tears

However, the amp affect still works, you just won't get the Int Proc.

top 3 trinkets for disc are Bindings even without the proc, prison and dysmorphic

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    top 3 trinkets for disc are Bindings even without the proc, prison and dysmorphic
    All 3 of the actual healing trinkets should be better for disc. Most lists you see around will be Thok, Prismatic, Nazgrim, Dysmorphic, Bindings, Horridons

Arent you forgetting Yu'lon's Bite? I was under the impression that it was right after PPoP and Samophlange in the "Best-for-disc" list

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzor View Post
    Arent you forgetting Yu'lon's Bite? I was under the impression that it was right after PPoP and Samophlange in the "Best-for-disc" list
    If you're looking normal/flex then yes
    I was assuming BiS so H-WF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Technically speaking Hybrids get more benefit stat-wise because Spirit is Amp'd while Hit is not giving us more overall stats.
    Technically speaking, locks scale a _LOOOT_ better than the hybrid classes when it comes to secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    All 3 of the actual healing trinkets should be better for disc. Most lists you see around will be Thok, Prismatic, Nazgrim, Dysmorphic, Bindings, Horridons
    thok and nazgrim trinkets suck for disc, the passive stats from even the bindings is more valuable than both of these trinkets due to the fact that only around 40% of disc healing is actually healing rest is absorbs, im very unlucky with rings and trinkets but im aiming for prison and dysmorphic atm and will grab bindings for shadow anyway so will have all 3 trinkets anyway.

using both bindings and prison will give you at least 16% more crit damage and healing not to mention the extra mastery, static stats are much more beneficial to disc than missing out of one int proc or some heal proc on a trinket that won't be used effectively. That being said i wouldn't take the trinket from a dps until they all had it first. i used my rolls to try and get the trinket but my luck seems to just give me the damn glves 3 times in a row and just got my second weapon from sha instead of the trinket.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2013-12-05 at 02:13 AM.

using both bindings and prison will give you at least 16% more crit damage and healing not to mention the extra mastery, static stats are much more beneficial to disc than missing out of one int proc or some heal proc on a trinket that won't be used effectively. That being said i wouldn't take the trinket from a dps until they all had it first. i used my rolls to try and get the trinket but my luck seems to just give me the damn glves 3 times in a row and just got my second weapon from sha instead of the trinket.
    Using % in that manner to describe the trinket is severely misleading.
    As mentioned further up the thread. Its 16% on top of 200%, for a total of 216%. Meaning the total gained from using both trinkets is only approx 8% more healing (split between heal/absorb) on any spell that crits, which is pushing 50-60% in full BiS. Meaning you're looking at about a throughput gain from the crit effect of approx 4-4.5% for both trinkets combined, 500-1300 mastery, 800ish spirit and a miniscule amount of haste. I think its safe to put the value of the trinket somewhere around 4-5% overall heal increase for the effect itself. If you compare this to the thok's trinket, which is a 3.78% chance to cleave to 5 targets. Assuming there's actually someone to heal with this, and the fact it only affects approx 35-45% of our actual healing (doesn't work for absorbs), which would mean 3.78% x 5 x 40% = 7.56% gain to effective healing. And both these trinkets have the random int proc on top of that. Clearly thok's is better (assuming you're not wasting the proc)

I would be interested in seeing some 25 man logs with the cleave/multistrike equipped if anyone's got any to share.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-12-05 at 05:12 AM.

May I request a mod to split this thread into two? One with what the OP intended, and the other with the actual discussion about the viability of this trinket for Disc, which started at around page 5. I was about to start such a thread myself, but then I saw this in the first page... and yeah, had to read through 4 pages of "omg you're so selfish" before any actual discussion was started. Thanks.

Deleted
    to follow on from Klive above, i personally would say its viable for disc. for thok hc (progress boss) ive been using a 2/2 PPoP and 2/2 Hc PBoI. Im 572ilvl with 15k crit, 19k mastery and 10k spirit with both amp trinkets equipped.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=71529

these are the logs from tuesday,- the main point being the consistency and size of DA. some logs were showing upto 63% DA. basically there was a shift in atonement healing towards DA

Using % in that manner to describe the trinket is severely misleading.
    As mentioned further up the thread. Its 16% on top of 200%, for a total of 216%. Meaning the total gained from using both trinkets is only approx 8% more healing (split between heal/absorb) on any spell that crits, which is pushing 50-60% in full BiS. Meaning you're looking at about a throughput gain from the crit effect of approx 4-4.5% for both trinkets combined, 500-1300 mastery, 800ish spirit and a miniscule amount of haste. I think its safe to put the value of the trinket somewhere around 4-5% overall heal increase for the effect itself. If you compare this to the thok's trinket, which is a 3.78% chance to cleave to 5 targets. Assuming there's actually someone to heal with this, and the fact it only affects approx 35-45% of our actual healing (doesn't work for absorbs), which would mean 3.78% x 5 x 40% = 7.56% gain to effective healing. And both these trinkets have the random int proc on top of that. Clearly thok's is better (assuming you're not wasting the proc)

I would be interested in seeing some 25 man logs with the cleave/multistrike equipped if anyone's got any to share.
    disc will also gain a fair amount of dps from using both trinkets also, i would guess to see a minimum of a 10k dps increase for disc which also translates into more healing through atonement, the two healing trinkets and just terrible for disc, the gain from increased critical heals and increased healing and dps overall outweights the healing procs, plus you wont want to take these trinkets away from a pure healing class.

While all trinkets are essentially viable the top 3 disc trinkets are Dysmorphic, Bindings and Prison, all i need to do is actually get these trinkets since they never want to drop. both healing procs are at most worth 4-5% of total healing.

disc will also gain a fair amount of dps from using both trinkets also, i would guess to see a minimum of a 10k dps increase for disc which also translates into more healing through atonement, the two healing trinkets and just terrible for disc, the gain from increased critical heals and increased healing and dps overall outweights the healing procs, plus you wont want to take these trinkets away from a pure healing class.

While all trinkets are essentially viable the top 3 disc trinkets are Dysmorphic, Bindings and Prison, all i need to do is actually get these trinkets since they never want to drop. both healing procs are at most worth 4-5% of total healing.
    My calculations already included the increased healing from atonement as its part of the 35-45% of your healing that is not absorbs. but yes there is the 10k dps boost as well. Again this comes down to how much of it is wasted. On paper, thok's destroys in terms of raw throughput healing. If you're in a raid group that runs 2 more healers than you should be, or your heals are getting sniped left and right, there's other things you should be looking at than which trinket is better.

Deleted
    i use blackfuse trinket and hc cha ye's essence of brilliance... i am pretty happy with this 2.. i won before 1 week pindings hc shame the lost ep didint proc at all !!!!!

Deleted
    My calculations already included the increased healing from atonement as its part of the 35-45% of your healing that is not absorbs. but yes there is the 10k dps boost as well. Again this comes down to how much of it is wasted. On paper, thok's destroys in terms of raw throughput healing. If you're in a raid group that runs 2 more healers than you should be, or your heals are getting sniped left and right, there's other things you should be looking at than which trinket is better.
    Did you though?

You just multiplied the crit healing for an increase, without including the regen, haste, crit dmg (more + atonement) and mastery ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Did you though?

You just multiplied the crit healing for an increase, without including the regen, haste, crit dmg (more + atonement) and mastery ones too.
    Meaning you're looking at about a throughput gain from the crit effect of approx 4-4.5% for both trinkets combined, 500-1300 mastery, 800ish spirit and a miniscule amount of haste. I think its safe to put the value of the trinket somewhere around 4-5% overall heal increase for the effect itself.
    Ill re-quote the section for you.

Do atonement criticals double dip?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Do atonement criticals double dip?
    unfortunately not