10+ Year Old Account

Angry Timeless Isle issues need attention now!

Some background info on myself: I am a female gamer who plays a hunter decently. I raid casually and mostly like to collect pets and mounts. I have been playing for almost 5 years on a high pop PvP server.

I don't mind PvP and find Bg's and arena fun. Even the occasional ganking is fun at times. But the Timeless Isle has caused me nothing but issues since release. As I try to grind rep for the required quests, and gather coins, I spend ALL my time PvPing... I do not have a large guild nor tons of online friends. The Bloody coin crap has caused me to argue with my own faction! I have lost one real ID friend over it, and have other players harassing me all day. I do NOT enjoy this game at all right now. I refuse to play like this. Blood coins was not thought out properly and it has turned into a nightmare for most people who do NOT find dying or killing other players ALL DAY LONG fun or amusing.

And my repair bill.... I am going broke repairing from dying to mobs who aggro at tight spaces like the bridge and other places. They stun and dismount you and your done. Also fall damage from being pushed off cliffs in PvP. I have spent prob close to 5k in repairs in the last 5 days. I can NOT play like this and I am NOT having fun.

Thanks alot Blizz for killing the game for me. The Timeless Ise is nothing but a place for bullies and idiots. I have been called names, threatened and harassed by my own faction and players who I have to deal with every day. Why cause this type of friction between same faction players? I have never complained about anything in this game before now, but this is just too much. "Gankville" will NOT see my subscription money.

~ Lara

I love this isle the way it is. On my Horde dominated PvP high population server we can finally have massive battles with the help of the censor thing.

We have full 40 man raids using the censor ganking everything which leads to someone else making a 40 man raid to stop us. I love it. Battles usually last hours before the censor team is finally overrun.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-09-16 at 02:11 PM.

Let me get this straight you are on a PVP server and complain about PVP and mob aggro while playing a hunter?

Get a grip. I am on a PVE server atm and have no issues and we even have some WORLD pvp going on (shock horror).

People wanted world pvp and its back. Enjoy it while you can.

in before "pvp on a pvp server" and "then go play on a carebear server"

Really, the only way to get past this is to quit or transfer to a pve server. This is exactly why I chose a pve server, as I can't stand the assholery that runs rampant on pvp servers.

Deleted
    Real ID is meant for people you also know in real life. If such a "friend" dumps you over a game it wasn't a friend...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Thanks alot Blizz
    Blizz is not here.

Blizz is here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some background info on myself: I am a female gamer who plays a hunter decently. I raid casually and mostly like to collect pets and mounts. I have been playing for almost 5 years on a high pop PvP server.

I don't mind PvP and find Bg's and arena fun. Even the occasional ganking is fun at times. But the Timeless Isle has caused me nothing but issues since release. As I try to grind rep for the required quests, and gather coins, I spend ALL my time PvPing... I do not have a large guild nor tons of online friends. The Bloody coin crap has caused me to argue with my own faction! I have lost one real ID friend over it, and have other players harassing me all day. I do NOT enjoy this game at all right now. I refuse to play like this. Blood coins was not thought out properly and it has turned into a nightmare for most people who do NOT find dying or killing other players ALL DAY LONG fun or amusing.

And my repair bill.... I am going broke repairing from dying to mobs who aggro at tight spaces like the bridge and other places. They stun and dismount you and your done. Also fall damage from being pushed off cliffs in PvP. I have spent prob close to 5k in repairs in the last 5 days. I can NOT play like this and I am NOT having fun.

Thanks alot Blizz for killing the game for me. The Timeless Ise is nothing but a place for bullies and idiots. I have been called names, threatened and harassed by my own faction and players who I have to deal with every day. Why cause this type of friction between same faction players? I have never complained about anything in this game before now, but this is just too much. "Gankville" will NOT see my subscription money.

~ Lara

If you don't like random pvp don't play on a pvp server......

Deleted
    Here is a idea for you, took me all day to think of it tho cos its its THAT epic.

Dont go to the Timeless Isle...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not being a fan of ganking or grinding, I also dislike the timeless isle a lot.
    1 good day, and you have all the tokens you need, from there is simply a grind, and not a fun one.

Especially the bloody coins, this simply doubles the target audience of the worst type of mmo player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle is not solo friendly. Bring a friend or 4 before stepping in. That and start learning to protect yourself and be aware of everything going on around you if you choose to fight alone. It's survival of the fittest out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz is aware of this and already working on it.
    The only consolation I give to PvPers in 5.4 is the doubling of PvP by the censer.
    Outside of same faction massacres you're not likely to elicit much sympathy for being on a PvP server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Don't go to PvP Isle... it's not required if you're a casual player, as you say.

Or wait a few weeks when the action dies down. There's always a huge rush in the new area with each patch. Nothing has changed.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    Might I ask something? And dont take this the wrong way, please.
    But why in your opening sentence do you state that you're female? Why's this important for the argument being made?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Just don't go to the isle for a few weeks, wait until everyone has chilled out a bit. Or have a real ID friend invite you to the group from a PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    in before "pvp on a pvp server" and "then go play on a carebear server"

Really, the only way to get past this is to quit or transfer to a pve server. This is exactly why I chose a pve server, as I can't stand the assholery that runs rampant on pvp servers.
    Or have a friend on a PvE server invite you, and do Timeless Isle on a PvE server.

Some background info on myself: I am a female gamer
    Me too!
    who plays a hunter decently.
    Oh, me too!
    I raid casually and mostly like to collect pets and mounts.
    OH. ME TOO!!!
    I have been playing for almost 5 years on a high pop PvP server.
    Oh, me not! I suggest you move to a PvE server and quit crying about PvP on a PvP server, ok?

Also, why does it matter what gender you are? Actually, none of that info has anything to do with your argument, which is 'waaaaah I don't want people PvPing on a PvP realm!!!'

Deleted
    I raid heroic, and my repair bill wasnt even 5k for all of ToT hc progression.

(But it probably will be true once we reach Garrosh hc ._.)

Deleted
    Some background info on myself: I am a female gamer
    I should start opening my posts with 'I am a male gamer'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Might I ask something? And don't take this the wrong way, please.
    But why in your opening sentence do you state that you're female? Why's this important for the argument being made?
    Simply because I am sensitive to being called names and harassed, I have never had to deal with this before. I'm not going to hear "MAN UP!" I am really upset over the things that have taken place these last few days. I love this game, but yeah... It's like two groups or the same ppl from my own faction. Not asking for sympathy for being a female gamer, trust me I have dealt with a lot of crap, but just understanding on the fact that some of this behavior is overwhelming by far. And the guys in my guild seem to brush it off way better. idk...

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had quite a few recent threads complaining about PvP on Timeless Isle, and they're still open (most notable one here). Please use an open thread to discuss PvP and Timeless Isle.