Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Rotations are great until your reliance on them leaves you unprepared for situations like this. A good tank can 100% his rotation. A great tank knows when to break the rotation.

Adds generally spawn on a timer. If an add spawn is coming up, you break your rotation so that you're prepared.
    I have'nt claimed to be a good tank nor a great tank, the point i was merely trying to make is that you implied we have alot of options available to us for add packs, but 2 of the options u suggested are quite laughable imo. Using holy power to gain threat goes against how our class works imo, if you use WoG to gain threat on adds then you are leaving yourself vunerable when you have the adds by not being able to SoTR, same for harsh words. My point is, if you have a tank such as a druid or monk they are better suited for picking up adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    I have'nt claimed to be a good tank nor a great tank, the point i was merely trying to make is that you implied we have alot of options available to us for add packs, but 2 of the options u suggested are quite laughable imo. Using holy power to gain threat goes against how our class works imo, if you use WoG to gain threat on adds then you are leaving yourself vunerable when you have the adds by not being able to SoTR, same for harsh words. My point is, if you have a tank such as a druid or monk they are better suited for picking up adds.
    I offered many options. You only need 3: Avenger's shield, Judgement, Taunt. None of those should ever be on cooldown if adds are spawning.

You're probably right about monks being better suited, but I can't comment on druids. Either way, Paladins can pick up any adds that I've seen spawn in SoO without issue.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-09-18 at 01:55 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

the problem isent dps overaggroing, the problem is tanks overaggroing - i grapped the adds and gained 3 vengence, while the tank tanking the boss had 200k vengence, so 1 trash form him would pull all the adds of me - as he did 700k dps and i did 150k dps

not that is was a problem the healers could keep him alive - but i felt useless - not something i like in a raid

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    the problem isent dps overaggroing, the problem is tanks overaggroing - i grapped the adds and gained 3 vengence, while the tank tanking the boss had 200k vengence, so 1 trash form him would pull all the adds of me - as he did 700k dps and i did 150k dps

not that is was a problem the healers could keep him alive - but i felt useless - not something i like in a raid
    Same happened with me, but when i got our monk tank to be on adds and me on boss there was no longer an issue. Even when i got aggro on some of them he seemed to be able to easily peel them back of me, don't think this would be the case if roles were reversed (1 keg smash from him with vengeance and it's all over )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notraakaakaa View Post
    i tank w/a bremaster...so its always been an issue..thier aoe threat is stupid broke imo...
    I know your pain, I used to raid with a Brewmaster partner, currently raiding with a warrior, lets say its not anything better than with a brewmaster, Dragon Roar on aoe packs gg.