Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer "The People's Legendary" lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2s2p View Post
    I got the legendary part done on my main and my alt the first day with out much trouble, didnt have much to do with rng.
    RNG held me back way back with collecting secrets - had a stretch of a couple of months where I didn't get ANY off bosses other than Lei Shen.

To be fair, i cant call this item "Legendary". Its far from the real meaning of Legendary. Yes it have some OP stats but thats all... legendary is supposed to be rare powerful item, not common as hell powerful item. But im not surprised, its the new Bli$$ard after all. They will do everything to please their customers (and attract more), no matter if they are hardcore raiders or casuals...

Quote Originally Posted by Naequin View Post
    Except that you actually have to work for the legendary. Admittedly not particularly difficult work, but it's not like it just gets handed to you without you having to lift a finger.
    As much work as walking out to your mailbox and opening the letter
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

This legendary doesn't require work, all it requires is an active subscription for a very long period of time. A big part of what used to be legendaries was your team giving it to you. Now that everyone can get it, regardless of difficulties, the legendary aspect of it is diminished anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I had extremely bad RNG from 10 to 20 of the Secrets. Set me back by a long shot. Currently on 9/12 Runestones.

So yeah - assuming RNG didn't screw you up, you would have it by now.
    I'm talking about having your legendary quest ready for 5.4, and just doing 5.4 stuff day one to get it.

Yes the items might take some time, depending on RNG

There is no legendary this expansion. Just a nice cloak with a unique colored name.

The argument that it's easy to get is freaking stupid every legendary has been brain dead easy to get don't kid yourself and think it hasn't been all of them have mostly been farm this or grind this over and over.

It doesn't bother me the term you can't help the ignorance of others who refuse to learn any better you just ignore them like you would a child crying over someone else touching his or her toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    The argument that it's easy to get is freaking stupid every legendary has been brain dead easy to get don't kid yourself and think it hasn't been all of them have mostly been farm this or grind this over and over.

It doesn't bother me the term you can't help the ignorance of others who refuse to learn any better you just ignore them like you would a child crying over someone else touching his or her toy.
    Tell us again about how your guild progressed all the way up to Black Temple, downed Illidan, and gave you the Glaive when it dropped.
    Exactly.

To get a legendary in MoP is just going through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Tell us again about how your guild progressed all the way up to Black Temple, downed Illidan, and gave you the Glaive when it dropped.
    Lol what I was about to say.

But really, this guy thinks hes a special flower since he got it

Terrible example. The guild didn't beat Illidan so they could get a legendary. They beat him because he was the current raid content at the moment. Getting handed a legendary because "oh, you're here and you can use this" is pretty "welfare."

Doesn't matter or change the fact that it was easy to get just kill a mob over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    They dropped the battle ground requirements for the quest chain? No? Oh... you had me interested there for a moment.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Terrible example. The guild didn't beat Illidan so they could get a legendary. They beat him because he was the current raid content at the moment.
    Terrible response. No one said anything about how they only progressed to get the legendary. Where did you get that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    As much work as walking out to your mailbox and opening the letter
    Honestly, I feel that walking out to your mailbox to get a welfare check takes more effort than getting this cloak :S

I have never had a legendary when it was relevant to the content... And that's perfectly find because it gave the items that much more value. To look upon someone with a legendary with Awe and admiration, hoping to some day be able to work hard and be graced with one of my own. A goal to reach out to...

"Legendary" cloak? pft, heck no. Everyone is running around with them and the only reason someone would not have the cloak is either...

1.) They are lazy.
    2.) They are new to 90.
    3.) They just did not care about it.

There is literally no excuse to NOT have one of them on at least one character! It is the ultimate definition of welfare legendary! No work really required, just time. I honestly PRAY that they do NOT do this again. I don't care if I cant have a Legendary, what I do care about is that the Legendary items are, you know, actually Legendary!

There was literally a line of people getting their cloaks day 1 of 5.4 with me xD

Deleted
    People like to overly simplify things. What they really mean is, "Legendary that more people have than just me and 2 other guys on the server".

No doubt they are the same people who thought having a random 1% drop chance on legendaries during BT was an amazing model to use and showed skill and dedication.
    Guilds could have killed Illidan over and over again and never get the legendary, meanwhile another guild could have been incredibly lucky and gotten it on the first attempt, then there's deciding who to give it to. They were rare yes, but they weren't a show of how much dedication you'd put into getting them.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The feeling of obtaining this legendary is very underwhelming, particularly when you see almost every other character with one. Having said that, as long as this isn't going to be the norm for obtaining legendary gear, im ok with it.

Doesn't matter or change the fact that it was easy to get just kill a mob over and over.
    Wtf else do you expect?

When you break down anything in WoW enough, people label it as easy.

'oh pve is easy, you know what's gonna happen'. 'oh arena is easy, it's just rock paper scissors'.

So you think you could down Illidan when he was current content and get the Warglaive to drop, and then your guild would give you it?

The point is it was rarer and harder to get, not hur dur questing look at all the people with the capes.