Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    You can get legendaries on the first day of the patch now?

Yeah I think 'welfare legendary' applies. Legendaries are supposed to be about 25 people working their butts off and maybe getting 3-5 legendaries before the next expansion. That's why they're 'legendary;' they're hard are flipping hell to obtain.

Glad I stopped playing b4 cata.
    Mmm the reason they made it so you can get this Legendary early in the last Raidpatch of this exp is so that you wont have to exchange your Legendary on the first quest in next expansion.

One thing i just cant wrap my head around is, WHY do ppl obsess so much what and how much others get that they dont even play with? And to those that say "awww this is welfare Legendary and i feel its not worth doing it so i gonna quit halfway through it" i just have one thing to say, who is lazy now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    The problem here is you are defining something in a completely different way than Blizzard defines it. Legendary (and Epic for that matter) are degrees of power, not necessarily rarity. Yes, Legendary items have in the past been extremely rare, but then again there are many very 'rare' epic drops, as well as 'rare rare drops (lol), and 'rare' uncommon drops. I agree, the terminology is poor, but there it is.
    Therefore u backup my point... we have now moved on from the age of welfare epics and are now in the age of welfare legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Therefore u backup my point... we have now moved on from the age of welfare epics and are now in the age of welfare legendaries.
    But welfare is the wrong terminology compeltely. People on welfare are unable or refuse to do work.

This legendary requires some sort of personal effort at least.

Like a true welfare would be you login stand around and do nothing (no work) and the legendary is mailed to you or you collect it from the post office.

This legendary involves personal effort and some raids and not many people will make it through to the end as a lot give up well before then. Its accessible in every raid mode that's the only issue for some people. To them I say what ever, the amount of presentation and development this chain has got im glad I can get to see it and its not just limited to raiding guilds.

Deleted
    So people don't like it that you can actually use your legendary for progress? Tell me, how did it feel when you realised the Fangs of the fathers were utterly useless by the time you actually got them? Or shadowmourne for that matter? I like that I can actually put my cloak to good use during actual progression for once. And thank god it's not a ridicolous 1% drop off last boss, that was the most horrible way of obtaining an legendary.

Having been here since 5.0 and finally getting here at 5.4 feels very rewarding and it's been a long way. 2 months of stupid RNG with the secrets in the midst of ToT progress was probaly the least enjoyable part, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    So you are basing the value of your achievements based on others. Ether you care or your dont. Stop trying to make exceptions to paint yourself like a saint.
    You read what you want to read, I don’t base the value of my achievements on my friends achievements either. I don’t get pissy if one of them gets an item I have or don’t have. When I say I only care about my friends and guildies achievements it means that I congratulate them for their achievements and I feel good when I can help them achieve that goal.

If not being shallow, not needing acknowledgement of my accomplishments from others to make myself feel good, or denying other people thier own sense of fun to make myself seem important in a cartoon video game makes you think I’m trying to paint myself as a Saint then thats really just a compliment. I wish other people would -try- and paint themselves as saints because we’d have less people in this world pretending that owning something less people have makes you special, we’d have less baboons with bright red asses flinging shit to attract attention to themselves.

Everything is "welfare" gear in some people's eyes unless they are the only ones who have it. People call pvp epics "welfare" epics because you get them from BGs. The term is so watered down to be meaningless. The game is based around its biggest playerbase: casuals. There's nothing wrong with being casual and since the most players are casual it makes sense content is catered to them.

Veterans who "worked" for their gear are just mad it's handed out for time spent instead of skill. You used to have to work relatively hard to get epics back in Vanilla, but starting in late TBC that all changed. It's a tough thing for alot of people to not be able to show off gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    1) It's not "irrelevant". You can't say "EVERYBODY WILL HAVE IT!" then add an astericks that like "Except people without the expansion" "Except people who don't get max level" "Except people who don't play frequently" That's a lot of excepts. People who are inclined to get it, will probably get it, and that's not as many people as people think it is. More than any legendary before, no doubt. But who really cares?

and 2) Well, duh, no one likes those people. But why even mention it and be so negative? I imagine most people on welfare are the people whom need it. Welfare shouldn't be seen as such a negative thing. The fact that it gets seen as so negative is fairly disturbing.
    topic one. players without the expansion are self exclusive or the everybody included in the sub set of players having the legendary cloak.

topic two. was merely clarifying based on your question and no the majority of welfare does not go to support those who absolutely cannot work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    So people don't like it that you can actually use your legendary for progress? Tell me, how did it feel when you realised the Fangs of the fathers were utterly useless by the time you actually got them? Or shadowmourne for that matter? I like that I can actually put my cloak to good use during actual progression for once. And thank god it's not a ridicolous 1% drop off last boss, that was the most horrible way of obtaining an legendary.

Having been here since 5.0 and finally getting here at 5.4 feels very rewarding and it's been a long way. 2 months of stupid RNG with the secrets in the midst of ToT progress was probaly the least enjoyable part, but whatever.
    gear off bosses has a long history of only being useful for repeat kills on the boss. think about it. you killed the boss, you obviously did not need the gear you didn't have to do so. ALL new content can be cleared with the gear from the prior tier. It has been proven again and again by players from world first guilds. A legendary off an end boss is merely a reward for a job well done.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    topic one. Players without the expansion are self exclusive or the everybody included in the sub set of players having the legendary cloak.

Topic two. Was merely clarifying based on your question and no the majority of welfare does not go to support those who absolutely cannot work.

- - - updated - - -

gear off bosses has a long history of only being useful for repeat kills on the boss. Think about it. You killed the boss, you obviously did not need the gear you didn't have to do so. All new content can be cleared with the gear from the prior tier. It has been proven again and again by players from world first guilds. A legendary off an end boss is merely a reward for a job well done.
    the point of gear is to gear you up for the next level of content and in the case of expansions the gear is designed so that you don’t have to rely on quest greens to level up, making you more efficient than the guy who didn’t raid. The level 90-100 weapons off of garrosh are proof of that.

topic one. players without the expansion are self exclusive or the everybody included in the sub set of players having the legendary cloak.

topic two. was merely clarifying based on your question and no the majority of welfare does not go to support those who absolutely cannot work.

- - - Updated - - -

gear off bosses has a long history of only being useful for repeat kills on the boss. think about it. you killed the boss, you obviously did not need the gear you didn't have to do so. ALL new content can be cleared with the gear from the prior tier. It has been proven again and again by players from world first guilds. A legendary off an end boss is merely a reward for a job well done.
    "topic two. was merely clarifying based on your question and no the majority of welfare does not go to support those who absolutely cannot work."
    How do you figure that?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    the point of gear is to gear you up for the next level of content and in the case of expansions the gear is designed so that you don’t have to rely on quest greens to level up, making you more efficient than the guy who didn’t raid. The level 90-100 weapons off of garrosh are proof of that.
    that is exactly what I said. people were getting bent out of shape that legendaries were normally useless unless you were in a super hard core guild that ground thier ass off during the tier that legendary became available.

- - - Updated - - -

"topic two. was merely clarifying based on your question and no the majority of welfare does not go to support those who absolutely cannot work."
    How do you figure that?
    the welfare recipient next door with the two jet skis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    I think the reasoning behind it is because anybody can get them, as long as they put in enough time to do so.
    How is it different from previous legendaries? Time was the main effort for all of them.

that is exactly what I said. people were getting bent out of shape that legendaries were normally useless unless you were in a super hard core guild that ground thier ass off during the tier that legendary became available.

- - - Updated - - -

the welfare recipient next door with the two jet skis
    That doesn't prove anything, other than you apparently have a neighbor on welfare with two jet skis :x

That's like seeing some black woman on welfare and assuming all black people are on welfare, or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmoposter View Post
    How is it different from previous legendaries? Time was the main effort for all of them.
    Because people who play LFR are allowed something nice. These people don't want LFR to drop gear, even, most the time. Some don't even want it to exist. Basically, these people are absolutely insane.

That's like seeing some black woman on welfare and assuming all black people are on welfare, or something.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and I bet you would just love to jump all over anything I might truthfully respond to that last statement, so letting it slide. you win. there is not a high population of lazy people in the cheese line.

oh and I bet you would just love to jump all over anything I might truthfully respond to that last statement, so letting it slide. you win. there is not a high population of lazy people in the cheese line.
    (There's actually more white people on welfare than blacks, that's actually 100% the truth, a statistical fact, just so you're aware.)

There's bad seeds everywhere. But just because there is, doesn't mean that most are. It just makes it easier to see the bad ones.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    lol it didn't require any work, only required you to keep pumping money into Blizzard's pockets, and running LFR. Please don't kid yourself into thinking that not quitting is the same thing as putting in work. There are I think 6 people in my super casual guild with it, and 3 of them are some of the worst players I have ever even SEEN let alone played with.

I personally haven't bothered with it aside from doing the quests as a matter of course since I've been playing too many alts this expansion. When Mists first dropped I swore I wouldn't have more than a 90 or maybe two, but sure enough I have 6 now and looking at dusting off another 85+ character.

If I do complete it, it will likely be on my mage or monk, who are the farthest into the chain, but honestly? I got over raiding and legendaries and epics a while ago (this is coming from a former Top-200 raider and recipient of DTR when it was current). I just don't care anymore, and perhaps the game is getting long in the tooth overall.
    Last edited by -Psypher-; 2013-09-19 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Congratulations... you've finally had to put work into WoW. You know why no one cares or will actually be happy for you? Multiple reasons...
    What makes you think that I care about what anyone else thinks of my gear, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    The main reason it's called a welfare legendary, is because compared to all the other legendaries, this one wasn't hard to get.
    List one legendary that absolutely required an exemplary level of skill solely on the part of the individual to acquire. Just one.

We'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    in short you don't have to be good to get it

You didn't have to be good to get older ones either...just lucky.

We were they 12th guild world wide to beat BT and I've beat it todate 187 times.
    I've never seen a Warglaive drop...

That in no way determines my skill at anything other than getting decent RNG.

Would that make older legendary items "charity" legendaries, as they require the time contribution of 24 other people who didn't get anything in return?

Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    Would that make older legendary items "charity" legendaries, as they require the time contribution of 24 other people who didn't get anything in return?
    Hah! Nice one.