Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post

in short you don't have to be good to get it

I wont be getting mine for a while because I can't be bothered to do the pvp part of the quest
    So which Legendary do you have to be good at actually?

Was it Hand of Rag? No that was a terrible drop rate with even more terrible drops.

Was it TF? No, that was just more terrible rare drops and having 39 other people let you have elementium ore.

How about the Scarab mount? Well that took an entire server, so that's out.

Was it Atiesh? I guess, but then again, you had to have 39 other people let you have the items.

Warglaives? Please... hahaha what a joke.

Surely it was Val'anyr or Shadowmourne right? No Val'anyr was just drops. I guess you needed some technique for the infusions for Shadowmourne.

Maybe it was the Staff from Firelands or the Daggers from Dragon Soul? Yeah, I think those had some solo parts that required skill, you know that thing you have when you're good?

Hey, you know what else had solo parts that required skill? That's right, the cloaks!

Oh... but wait, you wouldn't actually know because you can't be bothered to, at least, afk in 2 battlegrounds in order to progress on the quest chain.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    We are talking returning players who have not done the series and what they could potentially do it in once the lfr's are open
    Ah, my bad... I was thinking of when I went through it all

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Well... it certainly requires time... not much actual effort though. Time != effort.

I always mangiggle when I see people talk/type about how one thing taking a long time takes effort, and how another doesn't for arbitrary reasons. (because they want that to be their argument)

Especially when you realize that WoW is essentially sitting your fat ass on a chair and doing as much as (whoa-omg) clicking the mouse buttons and pressing fingers on a keyboard while making enough space on your desk for a bag of crispies and soda.

Yes. Sitting in your chair and playing a video game in one way takes so much more effort than playing a game in another way.

It shouldn't even be a legendary to begin with if you ask me.
    Doesn't feel legendary when every scrub and their mother/dog has one.

Is it welfare cos everyone can get one?
    Than every legendary is welfare cos all you have to do is farm something. Only this time you dont have to drag 24 people along to help you.

And why care what other people say? Legendary is legendary even if it's easy to get.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    Is it welfare cos everyone can get one?
    Than every legendary is welfare cos all you have to do is farm something. Only this time you dont have to drag 24 people along to help you.

And why care what other people say? Legendary is legendary even if it's easy to get.
    I think people are missing some pages in the elitespeak dictionary

Welfare is a term that means common even to the non elite. Any other claims attached to it are circumstantial.

ahah so many scrubs in this thread that get pissy over what others have access too.

One thing that makes me laugh the most, when you say 'wasnt hard to get it' 'dont have to be good to get it'?
    There is some serious shit for brains that wallow about these forums, lets face it all you had to do before was go to raids with a guild or not if you had a good populated server , hope for good rng and grind the weeks away. No fucking skill you just had to be there or be carried;
    And this is different to the cloak because..........?
    if your not happy..quit, the less jealous spitefull arrogant pricks in this game the better.
    On a side note i hope blizzard follows this trend of legendary's in the future.

Deleted
    It's legendary cause it's better then an Epic, nothing more, nothing less.
    Bitch much?

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post

Then your definition of WoW's legendaries is wrong and has been wrong all along. Other people aren't to blame for the fact that you built strange and untrue expectations when it came to legendaries.

The legendary cloak is worthy of being a legendary. LFR being able to take care of a large part of it (not all, there are also solo changes that require skill) doesn't devalue that for anyone but the snowflake raiders who feel they are entitled to telling others that they are wrong for what they feel is a legendary and be automatically correct on the basis that they at some point may have done hardcore raiding.

I can get a rare from heroics. I can get epics from LFR/raids/heroic scenarios.

And I can get a legendary from doing a rather long quest chain with several solo challenges. An epic I can get on the fly, on the first day. While for everyone who has been doing it from the start, this legendary has taken them from 5.0 to 5.4 to get.

You didn't have to be "good" to get previous legendaries either.

You either had to have a raid team (and believe me, you can be pants on head retarded, and still get to raid, if you're a little bit of the social persuasian), have RNG give you a kiss, or a mix of the above.

I don't get why anyone would care. Shouldn't individual effort be more rewarded to the individual, rather than group effort rewarding an individual?

If anything, legendaries shouldn't require any group activities at all :x Or if they do, everyone in the group should get them.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who realistically believes that this being a more accessible Legendary to get somehow makes it less special is an absolute fool. The only people who got their legendaries on 5.4 release day were those who either got extremely lucky with the earlier collecting quests or those who went full on and didn't let up or giving up on getting the cloak.

I'm at 9/12 runestones because back during 5.1 I gave up on the legendary and I only started farming the runestones back at the end of 5.3. Now I could get get lucky on wednesday when the raids reset and get three runestones (i got 3 last week, so it's possible!) and probably get my legendary this week. Or theres a good chance I get very unlucky and end up waiting the maximum three weeks more to get this cloak.

Anyone can get this legendary if they're determined and many won't get it because they aren't. It was a long and enjoyable questline that I totally believe should be the standard for how legendaries are handled in future expansions. LFR access and all!
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I hate this attitude. It's the same attitude that prohibits the transmogging of legendaries. "IF YOU DO THAT, EVERYONE WILL HAVE THEM, BECAUSE EVERYONE DOES X!"

First off:

1) Not everyone hits 90. Millions don't.
    2) Not everyone owns MoP. Millions don't.
    3) Not everyone raids in -any- capacity. Millions don't.
    4) Not everyone plays consecutively and tries to get these things. MILLIONS DON'T.

Most people won't have legendaries of any sort. Probably not even the first one, the gem. You're just tunnel visioning and only seeing the people you play with/or around. Most people don't do the stuff you like to do. Most people don't even log in frequently :x

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Does that term bother you at all? I mean after all the work you put in. It took some people almost an entire year to achieve that final cloak. I took me 6 months and someone called it a welfare legendary. How could they. I'm a little fired up about that term. Never have I worked hard for something in a video game before. Does it bother you when its referred to as welfare?
    All you have to do is be online and do LFR, which most people AFK in. People will call it a welfare legendary because it's not hard to get at all. I'd be completely okay with it if it wasn't obtainable through LFR.

And getting warglaives was oh so hard. all it came down to was RNG and have the dkp for it.

Why would you even care what some people say about your items ? People whine all the time, just enjoy the game.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The ones who call it that tend to favour a random drop legendary, which given its nature is earned even less than this one.
    They think rarity means everything, simply to boost their epeen that they were luckier than someone else.
    That is arrogance.

A random drop is not worthy of being called a legendary since the first kill of a boss for a player could get them a legendary while someone who has killed it 100 times might not.
    A legendary should have a progression, otherwise that description has no meaning.

Many previous ones weren't special, were not any better than this.

What happens when x player joins last boss of a raid, skipping everything prior to that and gets a rare drop legendary ?
    Did they earn that ? No.
    Did a player that progressed through various required stages earn it ? Yes.
    I play games to have super cool items that not many have and i admire people who have the super cool items, i don't like the cloak legendary at all, i prefered Thori'dal all the way, i never got it but it was an awesome item that not many had and you actually had to raid with people and spend time + skill to get it + luck ofcourse, the cloak all you need is to afk most part of the game to get.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    And getting warglaives was oh so hard. all it came down to was RNG and have the dkp for it.
    I was under an impression that most guilds didnt handed their legendaries based on DKP. It was predetermined who will get it even before it dropped. And that was the part of it. You had to be prominent enough from some reason that the guild would be OK to give this item to you and not someone else. Also considering RNG and other factors, there were not so many of them around. Glaives were gated by low drop rate. Things like Atiesh or Shadowmourne were time gated (you could only get as much required components per week). MoP cloak is the 1st legendary that *anyone* can get as long as he stay subscribed and played since the release of MoP. The most common pre-MoP legendary (Glaives) was still way way less common than the cloak already is.

Deleted
    Ehmn there are 12 bosses in Throne, 14 in Siege, 26 bosses that may drop secrets
    There are 6 bosses in Throne, 14 in Siege, 20 bosses that may drop runestones.

We are talking returning players who have not done the series and what they could potentially do it in once the lfr's are open
    Only the first 8 in SoO drop legendary catchup items.

Do some fuckin research before you start typing things with your anus.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-17 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    Thunderfury did not require much that resembled skill back in the day, if you could find a bit of luck and 40 headless chickens you could mix them in a pot and come out with your guilds third thunderfury. What was so legendary about that?
    Guild's third vs guild's 43rd. I don't really know how you can use these 2 legendaries in the same sentence when comparing difficulty to get.
    Yes thunderfury required no skill to get, but it did require 40 guildies, this cloak you basically can bot through LFR or afk or whatever you want. It takes no skill, no luck, no anything, it's just the way the world is going.
    People want to get rewarded for putting 3 hours of gameplay per week. Unfortunately people who put 40-50+ hours per week are put in the same bracket, and it won't change anytime soon when it comes to future legendaries.
    It's like, here's a legendary for participating in this expansion, similar to kids getting medals at sports day for participating in the race.

Deleted
    It's a phrase coined by people that want "their" game to remain some elite pissing contest. They can not STAND that anyone could get a legendary, possibly brought them to tears based on comments I've read.

The thing is, we were not handed this legendary. It has required a huge time investment, especially for those that have suffered from terrible luck. Even though the majority of servers are full of players with the cloak, I do not think it is any less legendary than the previous ones.