Question Weakened Armor vs Physical Damage Taken - Which debuff is better?

As a hunter i have access to both of these debuffs, but i can provide only 1 at a time.

When no one in my party/raid can provide one of these 2 buffs, which one provides a bigger physical dps increase?

12% reduced armor OR 4% increased physical damage taken?

it depends on several factors

Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    it depends on several factors
    Sorry but that is really not a helpful response xD

I know there are many factors it depends on, probably too many to be calculated for every raid/instance boss in the game.

But what i would like to know is which of the two debuffs, on average, provides a better dps increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually thought they were the pretty much the same thing.

I've seen a few comments around before that Weakened Armor is slightly more than Physical Vulnerability but I'm not an expert in the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I actually thought they were the pretty much the same thing.
    I've seen a few comments around before that Weakened Armor is slightly more than Physical Vulnerability but I'm not an expert in the math.
    I am very bad at math;

if i imagine Armor as a Physical Reduction stat and the Weakened Armor as a % reduction to that Physical Reduction granted by armor - i come to some conclusion that a boss needs to have about 33.33% Physical Reduction (from armor) in order for 12% Weakened Armor to be equal to the 4% Physical Damage increase.
    If a boss has more than 33.33% Physical Reduction (from armor) then the 12% Weakened Armor is better than the other debuff.

But even if we assume that the above silly math is correct - we got no way of knowing how much Physical Reduction (from armor) a boss has...

/cry

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    As a hunter i have access to both of these debuffs, but i can provide only 1 at a time.

When no one in my party/raid can provide one of these 2 buffs, which one provides a bigger physical dps increase?

12% reduced armor OR 4% increased physical damage taken?
    hyena

reduced armor
    melee haste
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    hyena
    reduced armor
    melee haste
    Sorry but what are you talking about?

Hyenas provide the http://www.wowhead.com/spell=128432 (attack speed) buff - they do not provide the Armor Reduction or the Physical Vulnerability debuffs.

I do not understand what you were trying to say at all, especially since this thread has nothing to do with the Attack Speed buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, all raid bosses have 35% damage reduction from armor. 12% off of 35% is 4.2%, so Weakened Armor is very slightly better than Physical Vulnerability. (Assuming my math is correct.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    As far as I know, all raid bosses have 35% damage reduction from armor. 12% off of 35% is 4.2%, so Weakened Armor is very slightly better than Physical Vulnerability. (Assuming my math is correct.)
    From my knowledge, bleeds are not affected by armor, or at least didn't use to be. So, physical vulnerability can be better than weakened armor if that 4% increased bleed dmg is greater than .2% of the entire raids (physical dmg - bleed dmg). There might also be some other physical dmg abilities that ignore armor, but I can't remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    From my knowledge, bleeds are not affected by armor, or at least didn't use to be. So, physical vulnerability can be better than weakened armor if that 4% increased bleed dmg is greater than .2% of the entire raids (physical dmg - bleed dmg). There might be some other physical dmg abilities that ignore armor as well.
    Yeah, that's true as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to depend on your raid comp, probably, because you will need to factor in how much of the physical damage is affected by armor. If you have bleed heavy DPS, you probably will go with vuln. If you can maths it out someone might be able to if you post your comp.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |