Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    4) Had bad RNG.
    Can someone do a calculation on this RNG? I am fairly sure it's outside 1/1000, likely a lot higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

it may be a welfare legendary but its taken more than every other legendary quest combined to get pretty much. 3 weeks for sigils of bullshit to drop. 4-5 weeks for secrets, and another 3-4 weeks for runestones. the new SOO flex and lfr wont help much, secrets and runestones still have a really low chance to drop. so 10-14 weeks it is till u get ur legendary.

some people may get carried in heroic tot or heroic soo and more power to them, but its just up to your dedication if u wanna get it or not.

on my mage it took me like.. 15 weeks or so of fireland clears just to get the legendary.. my guild could only do normals, and heroics were outta the question. still. it was a challenge but a decent one at that, you cant just afk and beat ragnaros in a 10m when it was current.
    Last edited by announced; 2013-09-17 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    The reason why people call it welfare legendary is because you can get it by regularly afking in LFR.
    If the drops had been only from normal/heroic nobody would call it "welfare".

So while I personally disapprove of the choice to put the legendary items into LFR (why does someone who runs LFR exclusively need a 608 cloak?).
    I can see why Blizzard did it (so people from LFR could switch to normal raiding should they choose to) and after all it is their game.

It doesn't change the fact that the cloaks are really common even amongst non-raiders and that's why people don't value them very highly.
    Yeh I know thats what most of the whine is about. If it was restricted I would dare say don't even allow normal mode to have it and have it Heroic only. Why? because just to spite them! but seriously joking aside I have enjoyed doing the legendary chain (on secrets at the moment only got 7 but got all the bars I will do some ToT tonight and run it + soo as much as I can and just grind through it.

The quests them selves have been fantastic presentation wise and the way it makes your character the hero who works to get all these improvements is pretty damn good.

I thought this was gonna be another thread about people complaining about the grindfest lfr legendary. Instead it's someone moaning about it being called a Welfare Legendary.

Well too bad, Blizzard made a Legendary item that can be farmed 100% solo by the player. It no longer requires hard boss kills or the efforts of a guild and does not rely on low drop chances on endgame bosses, no it simply relies on a whole bunch of grinding facerollable LFR. So naturally it will be and will always be known as the Welfare Legendary!

Go back to WOTLK and you didn't see thousands of people per server running around with Val'anyr and Shadowmourne, or in TBC you didn't see thousands of people per server running around with Warglaives and Thor'idal, or in Vanilla thousands of people with Thunderfury or Atiesh and while in Cataclysm we did see a lot more Legendary items it was nothing even comparable to this. In Mists of Pandaria we are at the point where you see thousands of Legendary cloaks on each server, hell some people even have 3-4 of them on one char.

Legendary for everybody is just not Legendary. Don't get me wrong it's a cool item and I get that it takes a long time to aquire, but by allowing every single person on the server to get it, infact almost requiring it at 90 (people without it are screwed over in many ways) they have taken away the meaning of Legendary.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    some people may get carried in heroic tot or heroic soo and more power to them, but its just up to your dedication if u wanna get it or not.
    There is no loot difference between LFR / flex / normal / heroic.
    (Besides that LFR + Flex are unavailable for the first few weeks.)

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The quests them selves have been fantastic presentation wise and the way it makes your character the hero who works to get all these improvements is pretty damn good.
    I agree the questline was very nice. And it is good that it hasn't been restricted to only a few classes.

Deleted
    The reason why people call it welfare legendary is because you can get it by regularly afking in LFR.
    If the drops had been only from normal/heroic nobody would call it "welfare".
    also the fact they have consistently been nerfing parts of the quest chain to the ground "for catch up" which i think is stupid notion to begin with

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    also the fact they have consistently been nerfing parts of the quest chain to the ground "for catch up" which i think is stupid notion to begin with
    No you have to do this. My guild (and pretty much everyone in the top100 likely the top1000) won't take anyone without the cloak.
    (Unless you have personal ties to the guild of course.)

It is simply too good. The catch-up was absolutely necessary for progression raiders.

The only 'nerf' that was somewhat silly was the solo challenge one. Arguably however if you didn't have normal/heroic ToT gear is was almost impossible for some classes.

i have few of my altsa in totaly laid back social guild - i was getting my cloak on priest which was in that guild on sunday so very late in term of how easy last step is and not even a single person has compelted it (cause i got us a guild chievo) there even though its full of ex hc raiders , ex normal raiders and has always 30-40 lv 90 online - definetly not so many people will have this legendary - the reason u see so many people with them is a)u have toons on highest pop servers b)u did quest on wednesday like all raiders c) u have seen peopel with 5+ alts geting separate cloaks on each of their chars.

Deleted
    No you have to do this. My guild (and pretty much everyone in the top100 likely the top1000) won't take anyone without the cloak.
    (Unless you have personal ties to the guild of course.)

It is simply too good. The catch-up was absolutely necessary for progression raiders.
    and my raid leader said the same thing and guess what we all have it. i cant help but to feel cheated after working my ass off and getting lucky with rng being among the first in my guild to finish all parts only to have it all nerfed a month later so hard i finished with alts too

If you know u worked hard and are proud of it, that's all that should matter.

The fact that its called a welfare legendary only is bothering u because deep down inside u know its true. By the end of the expansion, everyone who wants one will have it. If everybody has that special item, just how special is it? It's bothering u because subconsciously u know its true. It isn't a big deal, congrats to those who have it but legendarys aren't unique if everyone has one. Many people got it on multiple toons in a single week/month of release. That doesn't sound too legendary to me

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Please explain how every other damn legendary was "hard to get" by your own definition, as obviously persistence is not defined as "hard" in your book.

Every other legendary required three things and three things only: A guild, RNG and persistence.

By your definition, removing RNG and 24 people to carry you, makes this item easier to get, and therefore less "worthy"?

Grow up......
    You didn't farm any Legendary items did you?

Val'anyr required beating Yogg Saron (something that many guilds could not achieve, did not achieve on normal mode even) but with a catch, you had to do it without one of the keeper buffs, so actually semi-hardmode kill of one of the hardest bosses ever released. Shadowmourne required you to do tasks on different bosses that also made them more difficult.

Putricide needed to be killed with the Shadow's Edge user drinking the potion, also meant that to infuse the weapon you had to kill the boss without slowing one set of the globules and risk wiping the raid (which happened to a lot of people), not to mention that Putricide was a very difficult boss that a lot of people did not manage to kill when doing the fight the normal way. Then do it all over again with both Blood Queen and Sindragosa (another difficult boss without having to deal with a handicap) where the player needs a healer babysitter to keep them alive while they take a lot of extra damage.

The Legendary quests weren't an issue for high end guilds who were clearing heroic modes (like my own), but the fact was that many normal mode guilds were already struggling killing the bosses in the first place, let alone doing them with a major handicap. Stop comparing what is a mindless solo grind (cloak) to what was a guild effort that required difficult boss kills done with tactics that would in progress situations cause wipes.

Deleted
    This legendary chain was actually quite big, never was a legendary really hard to obtain in the past. The only problem I have and im sure a lot of other people have and this is why they call it welfare, is that they allowed people to obtain the quest items through lfr making it so anyone can get it. LFR is a joke, anyone that specifically raids lfr should not have access to this item for 2 reasons. 1, They dont deserve it and 2, they dont need it to complete LFR. Im sure any normal/heroic raider will agree with me.

Looking For Raid Legendary.

It's a travesty. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The fact that its called a welfare legendary only is bothering u because deep down inside u know its true.
    Trite excuse for an argument. You could apply that to ANYTHING to justify an insult.

Get called an asshole? You're only insulted because you know its true.

Mother gets made fun of? You're only insulted because you know its true.

What a joke. Its an attainable Legendary, if you're willing to put in the time to progress to it. No legendary ever required 'skill' to get - only time and grinding and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You didn't farm any Legendary items did you?

Val'anyr required beating Yogg Saron (something that many guilds could not achieve, did not achieve on normal mode even) but with a catch, you had to do it without one of the keeper buffs, so actually semi-hardmode kill of one of the hardest bosses ever released. Shadowmourne required you to do tasks on different bosses that also made them more difficult.

Putricide needed to be killed with the Shadow's Edge user drinking the potion, also meant that to infuse the weapon you had to kill the boss without slowing one set of the globules and risk wiping the raid (which happened to a lot of people), not to mention that Putricide was a very difficult boss that a lot of people did not manage to kill when doing the fight the normal way. Then do it all over again with both Blood Queen and Sindragosa (another difficult boss without having to deal with a handicap) where the player needs a healer babysitter to keep them alive while they take a lot of extra damage.

The Legendary quests weren't an issue for high end guilds who were clearing heroic modes (like my own), but the fact was that many normal mode guilds were already struggling killing the bosses in the first place, let alone doing them with a major handicap. Stop comparing what is a mindless solo grind (cloak) to what was a guild effort that required difficult boss kills done with tactics that would in progress situations cause wipes.
    While I agree some of the wrath legendarys took some effort, you massivly skew the idea of what this legendary entails. You have to clear raids just like any other one and to get the cloak you have to kill several world bosses. If you are in a Heroic/Normal guild then this legendary is just like all the others minus the need for a heroic/hardmode kill. The fact someone in Normal and LFR can do it at the same pace as a heroic raider (well LFR players should in theory be behind you during each patch as their raid is always delayed) is the only thing that bothers some people. If it was say Heroic only legendary I dare say you would have the opinion this is the grindiest one yet!

I do remember doing Yogg for the hammer for our priest, if I remember right it was any keeper that could be subbed out. I think we opted for thorim.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Trite excuse for an argument. You could apply that to ANYTHING to justify an insult.

Get called an asshole? You're only insulted because you know its true.

Mother gets made fun of? You're only insulted because you know its true.

What a joke. Its an attainable Legendary, if you're willing to put in the time to progress to it. No legendary ever required 'skill' to get - only time and grinding and luck.
    That is a load of shite. Killing Illidan/Kil Jaeden, Yogg Saron (hardmode), Putricide/Sindrogosa/Blood queen (with major handicaps) is not comparable to grinding free loot LFR mode.

Killing hard bosses isn't hard or doesn't take skill yo, LFR Legendary is no different from old legendaries

Nps boys.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    While I agree some of the wrath legendarys took some effort, you massivly skew the idea of what this legendary entails. You have to clear raids just like any other one and to get the cloak you have to kill several world bosses. If you are in a Heroic/Normal guild then this legendary is just like all the others minus the need for a heroic/hardmode kill. The fact someone in Normal and LFR can do it at the same pace as a heroic raider (well LFR players should in theory be behind you during each patch as their raid is always delayed) is the only thing that bothers some people. If it was say Heroic only legendary I dare say you would have the opinion this is the grindiest one yet!

I do remember doing Yogg for the hammer for our priest, if I remember right it was any keeper that could be subbed out. I think we opted for thorim.
    You're right to a heroic raider this was just business as usual, which is why we didn't see thousands of legendaries per server, on my server it was usually only a handful, 2-3 per top end guild. But the fact is that even many of the normal mode guilds did not manage to farm the Legendary.

But you can't compare that to LFR where it is balanced around anyone and everyone regardless of skill being able to clear it. You can't compare bosses that took skill and time and dedication to defeat with LFR. Those old legendaries required difficult boss guilds that yes were just everyday for high end guilds, but that is the point.

Legendaries really should be for high end guilds, they are legendary and when you say "everyone gets legendaries" it completely takes away the point. It's like saying to every person receiving government welfare money that they can have a fucking Ferrari.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-09-17 at 01:01 PM.

Some people fail to realize that unless blizzard scales encounters according to the numbers of legendaries in your raid, there's no way for them to be rare and strong.
    Cause otherwise you'll either faceroll trough new content, or you'll hit a roadblock and are forced to run old content for months aheads [depending on RNG].

That's the lesson taught by more or less every legendary out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    and my raid leader said the same thing and guess what we all have it. i cant help but to feel cheated after working my ass off and getting lucky with rng being among the first in my guild to finish all parts only to have it all nerfed a month later so hard i finished with alts too
    This will probably sound mean but you never had to 'work your ass off' for the cloak. Maybe if you had to sit for a boss or if your guild wasn't able to outclear normals (compared to LFR speed) you had to do 1 or 2 LFR runs.

Other than that is was about RNG and there isn't much to be proud of in that department (imo).

They made the decision to give people a gear catch-up a long time ago so it was logical they employed it for the cloak too. I for one am happy that I don't have to run recruits through old content anymore (like I did in BC).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BassZ1890 View Post
    To look upon someone with a legendary with Awe and admiration, hoping to some day be able to work hard and be graced with one of my own. A goal to reach out to...
    I see this argument every now and then, and i just cannot understand it. I'd look with awe and admiration to someone who accomplishes something... real. Every time someone ran by with the warglaives my first thought was "Oh, he does raids". When i see them now, i think "yet another DK showing off things!"... never did i admire someone for pixels.

OT: it took me months to get it. All that bothers you is the fact its name is orange instead of purple. I've seen no threads complaining about getting the Ilvl600 cloak during last patch.

I really don't get all the negativity surrounding the legendary. While I -do- think it should have required like, some really difficult solo scenario, at least on par with green fire. I also don't see how the other legends were all that big a deal. All you needed was a guild doing normal clears who would let you be the one getting the RNG drops. How is that any more special than spending far far far more time grinding multiple raids? You know how many people I saw who were pretty much bumming off their guildies for their legend? How many people who were just doing a noticeably crappy job yet still got the legend because they were the only Rogue, or the only caster who could use it, or the only plate wearer in their group? A freaking lot.