Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    An item with it's name in orange.

That is the one and only definition of a legendary item in WoW. Orange = Legendary. Legendary = Orange. Period.

This cloak is legendary. Because it's name is in orange. End of discussion.
    If I write a label of the word orange, and put it on an apple , it does not make an apple an orange. It is still an apple.

Very much the same as this 'legendary'. You can label it legendary all you want, but the amount of them, the ease of attaining, and the fact all 10-25 people in a raid group can have it with ease make it from 'legendary'.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

You obviously didn't kill Illidan when it was relevant because you couldn't carry people on him until he was nerfed.
    Yes, yes you absolutely could. You could carry 2 or 3 people in every fight pre Sunwell plateau, and every fight in Sunwell bar Muru. Just because people were worse at the game then doesn't make it harder. Get over yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the legendaries were "hard" to get. They were RNG fests, but not hard. The only difference now is that you don't have to drag 9/24/39 others with you to get one piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    If I write a label of the word orange, and put it on an apple , it does not make an apple an orange. It is still an apple.

Very much the same as this 'legendary'. You can label it legendary all you want, but the amount of them, the ease of attaining, and the fact all 10-25 people in a raid group can have it with ease make it from 'legendary'.
    So Tarecgosa's Rest wasn't a legendary either?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    To anyone saying you could carry people through raids previously: Yeah, sure, but would you give them the legendary? Also, even getting carried by a hardcore guild requires more work than finishing LFR.

I agree that individual legendaries are much better for the game than guild legendaries. But they should require an amount of skill to complete, else it completely devalues the item. At least make the chain require killing the end bosses in normal difficulty (people who have trouble with it can do it in the next patch with the nerfs to the previous tier).

15+ Year Old Account
    Everytime i look at my Thunderfury i think "Dammn those where the good days" yes there was a lot or RNG involved but back then the guild i was in was way past MC and we didnt have a reason to go back too MC damm left bracer needed the right one for months went back in 1 time and it dropped happiest day of my wow life.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2013-09-21 at 01:14 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    and everyone could also get it first day to 5.4
    Provided they dedicated the time and effort to HAVE the epic cloak in itself. Such a big deal that Blizzard decided to make the final step not take months of work, after we spent close to the last YEAR on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    in short you don't have to be good to get it
    Well, "good" is a relative term, and implying anyone in ToT LFR gear can get it is very much not the case. The 5.3 quest is somewhat overtuned for an average ilevel under 520, which is where most LFR raiders were in 5.3.

My Paladin (I raid LFR due to work schedule and not wanting to deal with guild drama) pulled it off with a 517 ilevel, I wiped 20-30 times. My buddy's DK who raids Heroic did it one shot, barely even worrying about the mechanics, around a 535+ ilevel...

Frankly, anyone who did it in LFR gear deserves more props, cause it was actually harder. Anyone who did it in Heroic gear steamrolled it like it was barely there.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Naequin View Post
    Except that you actually have to work for the legendary. Admittedly not particularly difficult work, but it's not like it just gets handed to you without you having to lift a finger.
    Yes it does. All you need to do is click Queue for LFR, enter, autoattack, loot said legendary items, quest complete.

I don't personally think that the length of time used to obtain a legendary is important in how I perceive it, but the difficulty in obtaining it is important to me.

I've not been very fond of this legendary series, it hasn't been very engaging and has just been a year long "Gather X of Y" quest line with the very small amount of lore from Wrathion in between. I don't consider this a Welfare Legendary, but I wouldn't really call this a Legendary Questline either.

Everyone has been able to obtain it and there isn't any major skill or determination required to obtain it, just throwing a few months at a raid is all it takes. I think Legendaries should require players to go above and beyond the call of duty, where this has just required them to go about their normal activities anyway.

What is "legendary" about an item if everyone has it (or can have it)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    What is "legendary" about an item if everyone has it (or can have it)?
    Legendary is the quality, not the rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So Tarecgosa's Rest wasn't a legendary either?
    DW had less wielders than the cloak already has. Much less there wasn't nearly as many of them than the forums would have you believe. 2-3 per guild typically if you ran 25 man. 1-2 if you ran 10 if that even.

Also legendary has to do with Lore. There was only 1 legendary to date that really had no sense in the scheme of things and that was thoridal. Rogue daggers were a stretch but yeah
    Last edited by purebalance; 2013-09-21 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post

Except this analogy doesnt work for this. Not everything needs an analogy. Orange =Legendary. Period. That has always been the only definition of legendary.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    You can get legendaries on the first day of the patch now?

Yeah I think 'welfare legendary' applies. Legendaries are supposed to be about 25 people working their butts off and maybe getting 3-5 legendaries before the next expansion. That's why they're 'legendary;' they're hard are flipping hell to obtain.

Glad I stopped playing b4 cata.
    You could get carried to them in any other expansion, so......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Bottom line: Never care what other people think. If you are in a raiding guild and your guild is happy with you, then nobody else matters. Screw them.

As an aside, I cannot wait for the item squish to come in which will drop the legendary cloak into the realm of awesome only for as long as it takes them to release the next expansion where the first green cloak you find will be better. The rage will be wonderful to watch.
    no it wont. it happens every xpac & is to be expected.

Deleted
    There's only one true legendary, if we're gonna go with the "legendaries have to be rare" way of thinking.

Behold Talisman of Binding Shard There was only one drop ever, before Blizzard removed it from the game. (As far as I know at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Leaftwig View Post
    There's only one true legendary, if we're gonna go with the "legendaries have to be rare" way of thinking.

Behold Talisman of Binding Shard There was only one drop ever, before Blizzard removed it from the game. (As far as I know at least)
    Well, there is something in between no one (or one person) having an item and only few per server or guild having an item (which sounds to me like legendary).

If someone leveled a new character to 90, and decided he wanted a legendary cloak, there is no way they would have it "the first day of 5.4" it takes over a month, if not multiple months, to get your cloak. How is this not the same as past legendaries? Just because it was built up over the whole expansion, making it feel like you really worked towards something, doesn't mean it isn't "as legendary" as others. I don't understand how this is a welfare legendary, when it has one of the most epic and engaging story lines WoW has had in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadin View Post
    If someone leveled a new character to 90, and decided he wanted a legendary cloak, there is no way they would have it "the first day of 5.4" it takes over a month, if not multiple months, to get your cloak. How is this not the same as past legendaries?
    Because, for the millionth time, you don't need a pulse to get the Cloak because you can get most of it done in LFR.

Other Legendaries had you be a part of a guild running regular raids which are already harder than anything in this Cloak quest chain.
    Not only that but you had to win over the vote of your GM or Guild to be selected for it, requiring more dedication most likely.

It's a welfare Legendary, get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Because, for the millionth time, you don't need a pulse to get the Cloak because you can get most of it done in LFR.

Other Legendaries had you be a part of a guild running regular raids which are already harder than anything in this Cloak quest chain.
    Not only that but you had to win over the vote of your GM or Guild to be selected for it, requiring more dedication most likely.

It's a welfare Legendary, get over it.
    So you're pissed there's no popularity contest involved? An entire expansion worth of grinding doesn't show any dedication to the cause? Other legendaries were mostly drops (either the item itself or the needed components) that required nothing more than looting the item. It was RNG. In most cases, yes the GM had control of who it went to (or ninja'd it) but that doesn't make any part of obtaining it difficult. Hell, I set foot in MC twice while it was current, neither time as part of a guild and almost got the left binding in a roll because nobody needed it. I think you officially have rose-tinted snowflakes falling in your eyes.