Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    why do you care what others say? people think to much of that in this game, anyone abuses you for your cloak just give em ye olde 2 finger salute :P

And no I wouldnt say its easy to get, my character is pretty well geared but ive barely got any of the way into the wrathion quests.....Im still collecting sigils of wisdom and power due to them NEVER DROPPING! for me, I havnt even looked at what I gotta do after that
    My fine feathered friend has it exactly right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Treat those people who give you poop about your "welfare" cloak just like you would any idiot in LFR / LFD... ignore and dont give them a second thought.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    well hard to argue with that. mr atiesh/glaives/swp bow, you are now put in your historically revised place.

Seriously, I don't see how someone compares even being in BT as current content as easy/comparable to this cloak's requirements. just having to clear vashj and kael were non-trivial hurdles. I am strongly tempted to believe that folks who trivialize progression raiding through t5 to t6 either were carried by geared guilds or didn't actually get into bt pre-2.3.
    You're more than welcome to check the dates on my achievements for TBC, or any other expansion for that matter. Either I raided an ungodly amount on day one of achievements and miraculously went from nothing to full clear, or I had actually cleared everything before it was implemented (spoilers, it's the latter).

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    well hard to argue with that. mr atiesh/glaives/swp bow, you are now put in your historically revised place.

Seriously, I don't see how someone compares even being in BT as current content as easy/comparable to this cloak's requirements. just having to clear vashj and kael were non-trivial hurdles. I am strongly tempted to believe that folks who trivialize progression raiding through t5 to t6 either were carried by geared guilds or didn't actually get into bt pre-2.3.
    people seriusly tend to forget how big jump in skills raiders got over the years - in TBC most people were still learning stuff if BT was releaset today with the ptr research with all the addons with how all the timers for everything can estimate stuff to 0.1 sec with how classes got brought up to par and most importantly with what current hc raiders are capable of then there would be ton more people progressing through it and ton more people runing around with glavies glavies

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    An item with it's name in orange.

That is the one and only definition of a legendary item in WoW. Orange = Legendary. Legendary = Orange. Period.

This cloak is legendary. Because it's name is in orange. End of discussion.
    The color of the item is legendary but that is where it stops so the bolded part is flawed.
    Legendary implies it is rare like they have been previously in WoW.
    So to me it is not legendary other then the color code when mouseovering the item.

Generally there are very few of these items on any given server.
    Second sentence on WoWwiki about Legendary.

Point is, historically speaking legendary has little to do with the color code but all to do with it being rare and powerful.
    See where your reasoning is flawed?
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-09-22 at 12:06 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    You're more than welcome to check the dates on my achievements for TBC
    Achievements weren't implemented until Wrath. BC achievements were retroactively and imperfectly filled in at patch 3.0 (I think).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    @Kangodo: Yes. You had to Raid BT when it was actually Content. Which means - When Kael'thas hadn't been killed once. Yes it's not much. You just had to raid to get the Glaives. But did everyone kill Illidan when he was actually content? Often enough to get both Glaives, since the drop rate was and is low enough to make it work? No. Not everyone could. You had to rely on your group. You had to progress all the way up to Illidan, kill his sorry ass and then - grind. I don't think the Cloak was a bad Idea tbh. But it is welfare, since everyone with A LITTLE luck and time could get it. Even through LFR. People are mad or call it welfare just because of that. Because you don't have to do at least somewhat challenging raid content to get to it. It doesn't matter if it's a drop of a Boss. If the Boss is difficult enough it isn't welfare anymore. It's only welfare to decent players, with a somewhat skilled raid and with a better Raid Performance than everyone else that can carry the Legendary.

Short: Cloak Welfare because it's just simple grinding. Other Legendaries aren't welfare since it wasn't just your own sorry ass who worked towards the Legendary and you actually had to Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    Or, on the flip-side, it shows great greediness as you are forcing other people to help you get an item only you can use. Now, its down to personal responsibility (across a whole xpac and not just one patch cycle) to put the time in to do it.
    I wouldn't call it greedy to give a legendary to the player with highest activity/dedication/skill.
    It is irrelevant if that person is me or not, the important thing is that it benefits the entire raid the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Achievements weren't implemented until Wrath. BC achievements were retroactively and imperfectly filled in at patch 3.0 (I think).
    Very imperfectly filled.. I'm missing several
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    i think they did their best at the time, given what items you had in your bags as it went live you got credit. Also raid quests etc helped them out, but yeah there were some missing that you had to re-earn.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Back in TBC. One did not just downed Illidan. Back in the day world first kills happened few months after patch release.
    Actually, world first Illidan kill was one month (4 weeks) after the patch came out, by Nihilim. They got the world first Archimonde kill a couple days later, too. Black Temple and Hyjal Summit were both only gated behind attunement questlines that required solo content and some clearing of older raid content, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Back in TBC. One did not just downed Illidan. Back in the day world first kills happened few months after patch release.
    Also it wasnt just "giving" a legendary item, it was group effort where the legendary recipent contributed as well.
    I'm happy it's over, as a class that didn't get a legendary it fucking sucked, it didn't feel epic and it didn't feel like you were working towards something, you just knew somebody who was sucking the GM's dick and might not even be as good as you and other raiders is going to walk away with a legendary and the rest of you aren't

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I'm happy it's over, as a class that didn't get a legendary it fucking sucked, it didn't feel epic and it didn't feel like you were working towards something, you just knew somebody who was sucking the GM's dick and might not even be as good as you and other raiders is going to walk away with a legendary and the rest of you aren't
    I never was eligible for a Legendary but I didn't complain. I'm not whining and coveting what others had. I don't have to have everything.
    And I don't know what awful guild you came from but the Legendaries usually went to dedicated players.

I appreciate the RP aspect of Legendaries, it adds a little spice to things.
    Whether I see them in Orgrimmar or fight them in a Battleground. It's quite nice to see rare things but I'm not a child and demand I have one.

The old Legendary acquisition method wasn't perfect but it was better than this welfare chit.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    I never was eligible for a Legendary but I didn't complain. I'm not whining and coveting what others had. I don't have to have everything.
    And I don't know what awful guild you came from but the Legendaries usually went to dedicated players.

I appreciate the RP aspect of Legendaries, it adds a little spice to things.
    Whether I see them in Orgrimmar or fight them in a Battleground. It's quite nice to see rare things but I'm not a child and demand I have one.

The old Legendary acquisition method wasn't perfect but it was better than this welfare chit.
    Don't get me wrong I didn't complain I just didn't like it, I just don't like the idea of only getting a legendary if Blizzard flips a coin and decides it's your classes' turn for one this expansion and you're the highest ranked player of that class in your guild.

Hey guys, you all begged for this, remmember?

Remmember how you cried at end of WotLK? Remmember how you cried during Cata?

Blizzard just did what their faithful audience wanted, and welfare legendaries are just that. No need to be sad now, you didnt want others to be special little snowflakes, and now there really arent any special little snowflakes.

Enjoy it everyone, because this is exactly what you've all been crying for XD

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    from the peanut gallery. "caugh, yeah me too".

lol
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    It's referred to as that by the people that quit the game every 3 weeks and won't be getting one.
    It's a welfare legendary.

I quit for 7 months. I'm now at 3/12 runestones. And that is exactly why it's called welfare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    This legendary was soo easy they may as well have handed it out in 5.0. I mean, look at the REAL legendarys that took such great effort like the Warglaives and Thori'Dal and actually needed a raid group to get unlike this one that could be solo'd by a blind midget with ADD.

See what I did there? Next person to call it Welfare gets a shovel upside the head. After you dig your own hole

So, what did you do there? Not read all the other replies?

*Oprah Winfrey voice* YOU get a legendary, YOU get a legendary, YOU get a legendary, YOU get a legendary, YOU get a legendary. EVERYBODY GETS A LEGENDARY!

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Honestly, I disagree on it being any different. Every legendary for people doing heroic or even normal raiding has just been either a bottleneck to inhibit raiding due to RNG drops, or been a free added bonus to killing a boss you're farming. They're just there. People seem to attribute a magical quality to them that they're super hard, mostly because they never put in the modicum of effort it takes (or more likely because it's not for their class) even despite how much easier they have become for years now.

The only reason people are hating them so much now is because they've put them on such a huge pedestal that actually acquiring one has ruined the magic they've built up in their minds of the legendaries they've never received, despite how well designed it has been and how good they are, and even moreso, how for ONCE the legendaries are spread out, balanced and fair; let alone based on consistent playtime instead of RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

NO.

You had to be attuned (which could be skipped with a vial from KT that existed at the time), alongside the Kara/Mag/SSC/TK attunements. 50 quests? Not even close. Time invested for attunements outside of raids in TBC pales in comparison to time spent farming sigils/secrets/runestones even in LFR, and they weren't any more difficult than LFR, because guess what? It's just as easy to get idiots in LFR as it was to get idiots doing heroic dungeon attunement quests in TBC.

Take off the glasses please.
    Go look up every attunement and the pre req quests like cipher of damnation. There was a total of close to 50 quests involved stretching from ciper of damnation and all the pre reqs to kara to ssc to tk to bt.

Sounds like someone didn't get into BT before the attunement was removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And now lay out the extra work you needed to do for the Warglaives?
    Aah yeah, nothing! You just had to raid and you were doing that anyway.
    Shadowmourne hardly challenged anyone, the quests are so freaking easy.
    Cipher of Damnation quest line. Attunement to Kara. Nightbane Quest line. Attunement to SSC. Attunement to TK. Attunement to BT because all of those were pre reqs to get into BT. Those quest lines all outshined the supposed work involved in getting the current legendary.

Deleted
    If that long quest chain item is not "legendary", then those previous legendaries would not be legendary either. Random drops are not more legendary.

Also, 24 people working for 1 player to get the item, is not legendary either.