Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Heisenburg makes some Meth for you OP. >.>

That and Big Bang Theory IMO is actually a good show.

MoS I haven't seen yet(WHY). I'd say you have....very strange tastes if you ask me. That or you're jaded.
    I don't hardly watch tv; about a week ago someone got me to try out Breaking Bad. I'm almost through season 3 now. Best show I've ever seen on tv.

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

Nothing -new- that good this year, a few things that are good ( A -few-, -few- games, I bought some older ones personally) (even fewer movies, "place beyond the pines" was a good one for me tbh)
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

Deleted
    Likes someone already said thanks god for NFL, only reason to turn tv every week.
    Talking about shows haven't been watching anything lately, tried GoT but it haven't grown on me, used to watch a bit of Walking Dead, but eventually stopped, same with Boardwalk Empire. Watched that new show from fox Sleepy Hollow, it was ok'ish, but I think the only reason I did is because I always liked Irving's book so was interested to see how that show came out.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    Likes someone already said thanks god for NFL, only reason to turn tv every week.
    Talking about shows haven't been watching anything lately, tried GoT but it haven't grown on me, used to watch a bit of Walking Dead, but eventually stopped, same with Boardwalk Empire. Watched that new show from fox Sleepy Hollow, it was ok'ish, but I think the only reason I did is because I always liked Irving's book so was interested to see how that show came out.
    Heh, I feel the same way as you, except with English Premier League.

Watching Breaking bad every now and then
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

Surprises me how few people have mentioned House of Cards. THAT is the best show I've ever seen, hands down. It's a shame they didn't plan to continue it right off the bat, we have to wait for season 2 . I've seen up to the first half of S5 of Breaking Bad, but it's not as gripping as House of Cards. I just can't stand all of the misfortune and devolution of Walt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krez View Post
    I don't hardly watch tv; about a week ago someone got me to try out Breaking Bad. I'm almost through season 3 now. Best show I've ever seen on tv.
    I actually despised the show in the beginning. Now, it's somewhat of a niche. Sad that it's going to end soon. >_<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't mention Breaking Bad. If you haven't seen it then you're missing out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I only watched house of cards, and i'll be watching South park season 17. It seems like a decent year to me. But then again, I haven't watched many American tv shows that aired this year(spend a lot of time catching up with older shows).

This year has had, and will have, a lot of good new albums. The new Heaven shall burn album, the new My bloody valentine album, new My dying bride EP, etc.. And we'll also get a new Protest the hero and A lot like birds album this year.

Also plenty of good anime tv series this year.

Overall, i'd say it was a good year for media.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Could you please tell me what the serie is about? I know the title is quite obvious but is it really that simple?
    The premise is that each season the show tackles common horror story themes or tropes but presents them in a very compelling and intelligent way. The cast is lead by Jessica Lange and has a number of regulars, each season in different roles of course.

It took some convincing from a friend of mine to watch as it sounded really tedious, I was thinking I don't want tropes I want new stuff in horror, but the way Tim Minear and his team take those themes and turn them upside down and inside out and mix and match is nothing short of brilliantly crazy, and the scripts, acting, cinematography and overall production values are first rate.

The first season was centred on the "murder house" trope - family in emotional turmoil buys old house in new state to get a fresh start but horrible things happened in the house concept, and it hooked me immediately. Season two was called "Asylum" and played with the insane asylum run by nuns and a corrupt and probably evil head physician and horrible things happen. And again it was chilling, demented and brilliant.

The upcoming season is called "Coven" and obviously plays on witches and has Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett join Lange and other regulars. It should be nothing short of genius on all levels.

If you like horror, ghost stories and smart television, AHS is absolutely for you.

Under the Dome wasn't too bad- once you got past the "that's not the plot in the novel" part. I just pretend the show is set in one of King's multiverses or is even written by Bachman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    The premise is that each season the show tackles common horror story themes or tropes but presents them in a very compelling and intelligent way. The cast is lead by Jessica Lange and has a number of regulars, each season in different roles of course.

It took some convincing from a friend of mine to watch as it sounded really tedious, I was thinking I don't want tropes I want new stuff in horror, but the way Tim Minear and his team take those themes and turn them upside down and inside out and mix and match is nothing short of brilliantly crazy, and the scripts, acting, cinematography and overall production values are first rate.

The first season was centred on the "murder house" trope - family in emotional turmoil buys old house in new state to get a fresh start but horrible things happened in the house concept, and it hooked me immediately. Season two was called "Asylum" and played with the insane asylum run by nuns and a corrupt and probably evil head physician and horrible things happen. And again it was chilling, demented and brilliant.

The upcoming season is called "Coven" and obviously plays on witches and has Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett join Lange and other regulars. It should be nothing short of genius on all levels.

If you like horror, ghost stories and smart television, AHS is absolutely for you.

^ most definitely this. AHS is actually quite awesome (plus the first two seasons have Zachary Quinto in them).
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Deleted
    Watch the trailer for the movie called "Last Vegas".

It's like Morgan Freeman, Robert de Niro and a few others and it looks hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, there's really nothing interesting every year. It's pretty difficult to follow up The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises from the previous years with a stand alone marvel film and a superman reboot. Both they f'd up in more ways than one. 2014 may possibly be the same way, depending on what interest you, because it's going to be hard to come before, and follow up 2015, the year like 10+ movies will probably crack a billion+ at the box office. Avengers 2, Warcraft movie, Hunger Games last movie, Superman vs Batman, Star Wars.

For me though, it was a pretty good year, I got to see Superman kick ass (don't care for a story that much, he's superman, he's OP, I want to see him kick ass in his most overpowered ways, and iw as given that to an extent). I finally saw Gravity, after waiting 5 years for that movie, Fast 6 was entertaining, and I still have a few left to see. Thor 2, Hobbit part 2, Anchorman 2. 2014 brings me Fast 7 with Kurt freaking Russel, Godzilla which looks fucking amazing, Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hobbit part 3, X-Men Days of Future's Past (Dat cast), Jupiter Ascending, Sin City 2, Interstellar(Nolan in space, fuck yes) and Tomorrowland. Needless to say. I'm not done with Hollywood yet. I'm just not fond of their TV side, there's some interesting things like HBO shows but, others just take too much time to get into. I like 2-3 hour movies that tell their story and let you get on with your life, while waiting for the sequel.

Movies I've watched this year:
    Oblivion, Oz the Great and Powerful, Gangster Squad, The Lone Ranger, The Wolverine, My Little Pony: Equestria Girls, Elysium, Kick-Ass 2, The World's End, Iron Man 3, This Is the End, Mud, Rush, Monsters University, Star Trek Into Darkness, Man of Steel, and Pacific Rim.

Movies that haven't yet come to the big screen (where I live) I'll watch:
    Prisoners (maybe), Gravity, Thor: The Dark World, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Ender's Game, and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

TV Series that have had run time or will have this year that I've watched:

Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, House of Cards, Adventure Time, My Little Pony, Once Upon a Time, Arrow, Sherlock, The Legend of Korra, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

There's been plenty of stuff this year. You should broaden your view more, and look for more than just all the giant blockbusters coming in 2015.

Read a book or watch old TV series or movies if you feel like living in the current is too hard.

Babylon 5 is an amazing series.