ToT, cant even get in a group now.

So, ive been trying for a bit now to get into a ToT raid on my 514ilevel warlock. Its getting annoying. Everyone wants 520+ for a raid that has been nerfed by 20% and drops ilevel 522 gear. I had better luck pre 5.4 getting into ToT. This happens every patch. Old content raids start wanting ilevels that are just at or above any ilevel gear the raid itself drops. What is up with this?

Deleted
    Nothing new. The people going there want to make sure to get every possible advantage so they can rush through it without any problem.
    It's stupid, but understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Nothing new. The people going there want to make sure to get every possible advantage so they can rush through it without any problem.
    It's stupid, but understandable.
    I dont understand personally. Why bother if not for gear? No one needs gear at ilevel 520 for the most part. Its been nerfed by 20% yet they want a higher ilevel now then in 5.3. It drives me a bit nuts.

people are stupid. gear solves some problems but even a raid of full 520 ilvl raiders can still fail at basic mechanics needed to down encounters. 510 ilvl should easily be enough for tot normal. anything above and people really need their head examined.

Yeah it's stupid, but it's always like this. In 5.2/5.3 people were asking for 500+ for T14 raids. When a new patch comes out, the level of gear an idiot can get goes up, so PUG groups raise their entry requirement in order to filter out the idiots I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Yeah it's stupid, but it's always like this. In 5.2/5.3 people were asking for 500+ for T14 raids. When a new patch comes out, the level of gear an idiot can get goes up, so PUG groups raise their entry requirement in order to filter out the idiots I suppose.
    Ilevel isn't even up all that much with ToT LFR giving 502. The 535timeless gear is crap if you got 522 because you lose out on sockets

If you are at 514 item level, why not go for SoO lfr or flex? 496 is the level for LFR Siege.

I agree, asking for ilvl higher than pre-patch is stupid. Of course, it has always been like this. I still remember the idiocy of the gearscore requirements for some of the Wrath raids. Nice to know people are still as stupid now as they were during those times. People as a whole, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried Openraid or just your server? I see groups for ToT there all the time now, and the ones I've noticed in chat anyway (haven't looked at the advance groups to be honest) aren't requiring crazy ilvl usually.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Weird. On my server it seems the ilvl requirements people are asking for went down. Usually seeing 500+ ilvl required at the lowest and a 520+ pretty rarely..
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me think of when gearscore first came out.

Player with 5000 gear score: LFM for raid that requires 6000 GS, must have 8000 GS.

Deleted
    The thing is, being at 520 ilvl now probably means half your gear is 535 and the other half 502, so even if you have 520 ilvl you should find plent of upgrades in ToT. I geared my alt up from 495 to 537 this week from timeless isle, tot and SoO, gettig up to that "520 barrier" is not really hard to do. Just spend some time on isle. As SoO LFRs open it is gona be even easier.

Deleted
    People run ToT for weapons and trinkets mostly i guess

It's kinda lame, I feel you. I tried to get a normal ToT with my 518 alt and was almost denied but since they couldn't find a tank, they got me.

I won't really be running normal ToT with my main, but if I did and I was say at around ~525ilvl, I would want all my raid to be about the same. There's no reason to gimp myself with people that can't do DPS on par with mine. That's the only reason I would get people with higher ilvl. No matter how much of a baddie you are, gear mitigates that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievements for mounts?

While I can't see the ilvl being needed for normal mode achieves, when I hit ~550 ilvl, I plan to open runs for T14/T15 achievments also requiring similar ilvl (Perhaps 540), just so I know that the group can safely ignore most mechanics and just burn the boss down quickly. (Ignoring Lightning Storm on Jin, burning Horridon with only 50% buff, stacking H Stone Guards up and just cleaving them to death, ect)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    So make your own raid group.

Deleted
    Openraid is a great tool for outdated content, really easy to use & quite a few people using it, try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    Makes me think of when gearscore first came out.

Player with 5000 gear score: LFM for raid that requires 6000 GS, must have 8000 GS.
    I learned how to raid lead doing this. No one ever checked the raid leader. I was a priest so I just kept Fort on myself so it looked on a glance like I had better gear than I actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, ive been trying for a bit now to get into a ToT raid on my 514ilevel warlock. Its getting annoying. Everyone wants 520+ for a raid that has been nerfed by 20% and drops ilevel 522 gear. I had better luck pre 5.4 getting into ToT. This happens every patch. Old content raids start wanting ilevels that are just at or above any ilevel gear the raid itself drops. What is up with this?
    You should try to form/join a raid through openraid. If you don't know what that is go here: http://openraid.eu/

Download oqueue (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/oqueue), wonderful grouping addon and you can do it in-game.