Poll: What class did you roll?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What class did you roll?

With a lot of new players joining the game, I'm curious to see which class everybody started out as. Do you plan on sticking with that class or switching to a different playstyle altogether? My first character was a Gladiator since I wanted to end up Paladin tanking, but I wasn't really enjoying myself, so I rolled a Pugilist and I am enjoying myself much more now. I am really looking forward to becoming a Monk once I get to the required level!

What about you all?

Warrior is the only class worth playing in any mmo ever, your mmo is a shitshow if it doesn't have Warrior class

Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    Warrior is the only class worth playing in any mmo ever, your mmo is a shitshow if it doesn't have Warrior class
    thats...like...your opinion man :P

i rolled arcanist into scholar job gona be fun healing
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    It's not just a warrior Gladiator and Marauder are your usual warrior class. Glads are tanks and Marauders are DPS. I am a Glad simply cause I plan on tanking.

pfft foo

nothing warrior about a class that blinds people with a magical flash of light

too bad its so good

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    It's not just a warrior Gladiator and Marauder are your usual warrior class. Glads are tanks and Marauders are DPS. I am a Glad simply cause I plan on tanking.
    Except that marauders are also tanks.

Started a Lancer, made him Dragon (34, Marauder 16), decided it's too boring, switched to Pugilist, made him Monk (now 50), wanted to try casters, started to work on Conjurer (18)...

Well, I voted for what I initially rolled at least, and what is currently highest among my classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went for Thaumaturge, so i could be a Black Mage. At 41 atm, but i'll be working for a Bard once i'm 50.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rolled a Conjurer at launch, and just got my White Mage a couple of nights ago Wanted to play a useful role, and tanking looked really boring in this game, so I decided on Conjurer. Very unique start to an MMO for me, since I'm normally into melee dps roles, only delving into tanking later, then healing even later, in the MMO lifecycle.

Will be starting to level a Lancer/Dragoon soon as well, as I love the feel and animation of that class/job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started as Lancer to play as Dragoon. Cosidering leveling Thaumaturge so I can have 2 types of dps on the same character
    Arukas

I am leveling a marauder to become warrior tank. I am loving the playstyle. I will make a scholar and bard later on. Prolly on diff chars even on diff servers

You can be a warrior, its base class is a marauder and its sub class is gladiator Though I think you may know that already

Final Fantasy XIV does have Warrior.

It's a job, meaning it's one of the prestige classes with Dragoon, Paladin, Monk, etc.

Get Marauder to 30, Gladiator to 15 and you can access Warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I went for Thaumaturge, so i could be a Black Mage. At 41 atm, but i'll be working for a Bard once i'm 50.
    Level archer to 15 and you can be a black mage now. (Yes, archer...it's weird)
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-09-17 at 01:44 PM.

I main a hunter on WoW and play ADC on LoL. So I went with the only logical choice, the Archer.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Warrior 4 life.*

unless they unlock BST.
    You cared enough to post.

I have gladiator and arcanist maxxed. I'm mainly crafting though.

Deleted
    Conjurer, always loved healing in mmo's and I always loved white mages in Final Fantasy, so yea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Marauders are Tanks, not DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started Arcanist and am currently healing as a Scholar, but the minute we get a healer to replace me I'm going Pugilist/Monk