Poll: What class did you roll?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started as an Archer because I wanted to play a Bard, but after struggling with getting the class to 'click' the last couple of days I decided to try a new character on another server. Currently playing a male Lala Arcanist on a legacy server. I'm not sure which aspect of the changes, or if it is all combined, but I'm having a more enjoyable time from the get go.

Running around with Carbuncle on that little guy is a blast. Going to call a mulligan and hope my restart makes everything click better for me.
    BAD WOLF

I kinda got off to a rough start because I didn't read enough before getting started (re-started?). Going into the game this time around I kept my Marauder from original release and leveled to 24 with the intention of going Dragoon. After getting Lancer to 15, I figured out that despite the fact Marauder can tank, Dragoons do not and went back and leveled Gladiator to 30 and got my Paladin soul crystal. Then for grins I decided to level Lancer the rest of the way and get Dragoon as well because apparently I'm being indecisive despite playing a tank in every other game I play lol. I'm enjoying the game though and the only class I've tried and didn't enjoy was Conjurer (which I obviously had to get to 15 for Paladin). I'm just not good at casters.

I wanted to start off as Lancer, since it's something that's unique to this game and not in other MMOs, but my brother convinced me to roll a Thaumaturge. It was really slow going, and I was almost regretting my choice, but it all picked up around 40 or so (being able to triple stack Astral Fire). Made it to 50 as a Black Mage and finished the story.

Now I'm slowly going through the process of leveling all my other classes and professions up, being self-sufficient. Though I do like the feel of Arcanist with slotted-in Aero and Thunder for tons of DOTs. Lancer is a close second behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV does have Warrior.
    that was the point

10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled Arcanist right off the bat. I hate playing casters (I do not like being a user of magic) but I'm a sucker for pet classes, so I went after the only pet class I could!

Summoner is pretty cool, but I'm almost 50, so once I do that I'm going to try archer. I love playing archers, but.. no pets.

I was also thinking about rolling a tank. I love tanking. Probably Marauder.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by puppypizza View Post
    I wanted to start off as Lancer, since it's something that's unique to this game and not in other MMOs
    TERA has a lancer and it's a really well done class. Not to get OT, but it's F2P so if you really just like the concept of a Lancer you should try them in both games.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    TERA has a lancer and it's a really well done class. Not to get OT, but it's F2P so if you really just like the concept of a Lancer you should try them in both games.
    Completely agree, very cool class to play in Tera, especially if you like tanking.

I rolled MRD --> WAR because my healer wife wanted a tank for queues, currently 45 love the playstyle but the WAR just feels like it is going to be subpar in the end for raid content compared to the PLD and I don't feel like leveling a PLD to 50 because it is so damn boring I want to poke my eye out.

I have 4 different crafting professions and MIN/BOT at ~30. I craft more than I go out and kill stuff, its extremely fun and well done in the game IMO.

Same thing for me on the crafting, I enjoy it as much as I do the combat.

Started Conj and now have WHM at 39. I'm really enjoying the healing, but man is it completely different with a Bard in the group, mana for days even when crap hits the fan.

I've tried several others and haven't really found one I dislike yet. I've enjoyed tanking on my Glad, and Arcanist wasn't too bad ( I generally hate pet classes).

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'll give it a shot, thanks. I remember trying it as an axe wielder when it went F2P, but got stuck at some really early quest where a bad guy on top of a spiral hill wouldn't spawn or despawn or something, and just shelved it.

Since I mentioned my bro earlier, I'll say that he rolled as a Gladiator and has tanked every non-50 dungeon in the game multiple times, so I got first-hand knowledge of how most encounters worked in the game. Not to mention helping me jump the queue while leveling my black mage.

I think it's also jaded him a bit against the public, since now leveling his DPS classes, he has to deal with all the players that don't know how to tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcanist. I do both Summoner and Scholar depending on my mood (And depending on how well I can get though the fight as SCH, I seem to be a magnet for AOE)

Quote Originally Posted by puppypizza View Post
    I'll give it a shot, thanks. I remember trying it as an axe wielder when it went F2P, but got stuck at some really early quest where a bad guy on top of a spiral hill wouldn't spawn or despawn or something, and just shelved it.

Since I mentioned my bro earlier, I'll say that he rolled as a Gladiator and has tanked every non-50 dungeon in the game multiple times, so I got first-hand knowledge of how most encounters worked in the game. Not to mention helping me jump the queue while leveling my black mage.

I think it's also jaded him a bit against the public, since now leveling his DPS classes, he has to deal with all the players that don't know how to tank.
    The guy with a bunch of adds on a circle platform? Might have been issues; I remember there being many issues at F2P launch that wasn't there are initial western launch like lag and stuff. I experience some lag that killed me when I played a few weeks ago, that is always fun It is a fun game and worth checking out again.

Conjurer is a bit ... slow. I leveled it to about 17, switched to Arcanist until I did the level 15 class quest, then went back. I could feel the difference in the speed of kills. If you play it long enough, you adjust, but I suppose it is designed that way because it is a base healer class. More survivability, less throughput for damage even with the cleric stance. Arcanist and THM were much more fun casters in my experience, but I (think) I want to heal, and my wife wanted to heal but also have the pet so she is going SCH, which I will do once I get WHM to max before working on BLM; Bard 3rd then I'll talk myself into a tank job ... last time I tanked was bear tanking tentacles in DS for several months :/ lol

Going archer for my first character. I'm thinking about trying a magic character next.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Surprising number of conjurers. Certainly doesn't seem like it on my server, I see a lot of THM, LNC and ACN.

Deleted
    Really? I might just have anecdotal stuff hiding away in my head, but it feels like every other 50 on Phoenix I see is sporting the WHM Artifact gear. Makes me wonder why there's such a high demand anyway for healers for lvl50 stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be my level I suppose. I get almost instant queues going in as Conjurer, and see tons of carbuncles and black magic aoes in the FATES I bother to take part in. Maybe their main class is Conjurer and they're just levelling alt classes for fun.. hard to tell in this game :P

I certainly don't regret rolling one, especially after I heard it's among the most boring classes to play; if I'm enjoying it that means I have tons to look forward to since I'm excited to try out the other combat classes!

15+ Year Old Account
    Conjurer to be white mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled a pugilist because I like pugs (the dogs)!

In all seriousness I just wanted to pewpew like Zell.

I went pugilist, for 2 reasons: one is that I could be a "Karate Cat Girl" similar to the units from Disgaea

the 2nd was just that I found the idea of martial arts a little more appealing this time around. So far I don't have as many kick attacks as I would like
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    I went Archer/Bard because I played a bard in Ragnarok Online and liked it in that game. The A realm reborn bard is different than what I thought it'd be. Still a fun class/job though.

All of them.

Because you can do that in this game.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.