Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Asassin Locked to dagger transmog

Dont you Feel it`s unfair that assassination rogues got only daggers to transmog weapons with ? When pretty much all other classes got a second choice of weapon to mog, even hunters can mog : Crossbow, bow into a gun, and gun into the bows, They dont share same animation, sometimes im tempted to respec combat only for the fact i can transmog some badass shit into my weapons

Deleted
    No, I don't think it's unfair. I like Assassination and Subtlety because they are restricted to daggers; Gives them the whole Stabby McStabyou feeling. When playing rogue I don't even want to use any other weapons than daggers.

Agreeing with o03o, I play an Assassination rogue because of the whole daggers thing. The whole concept is just appealing to me, I've always loved the animations and look of daggers, but I can see why you could be a little annoyed at being dagger locked.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

I wouldn't mind the hunter treatment. You can even transmog between staves and polearms now.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Combat Rogue, I feel the opposite, that I'm locked out of daggers. I just hope one day Blizzard make Combat use daggers too.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    I have your salvation..go to shadowmoon valley and do all the quest chains to get to quenching the blade..hey presto daggers the size of swords and they lok pretty sweet if you have a blue mog to match the new legendary animation http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ADne/advanced see for reference ^^

I'd say go for Twinblade of the Hakkari mainly for the sheath on back :P

-On topic: I agree you should be able to at least transmog daggers to swords-

Quote Originally Posted by o03o View Post
    No, I don't think it's unfair. I like Assassination and Subtlety because they are restricted to daggers; Gives them the whole Stabby McStabyou feeling. When playing rogue I don't even want to use any other weapons than daggers.

Eh. I've been forced to use daggers since xmog came in DS due to legnedarys are untransmogle. combat was ok for the start of mob got to use a fist weapon(gross) for few weeks. then forced back to daggers due to mut higher dps. and YET AGAIN mut is higher than combat, so im forced to play with daggers for a whole four tiers now. I WANNA USE MY COOL AXES AND SWORDS I'VE BEEN SAVING FOR YEARS NOW FOR XMOG.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by o03o View Post
    This.

Rogue = Daggers. I have not played combat since leveling up in BC.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    This.

Depends on your definition of a "rogue" honestly. Had the class been named Thief or Assassin, sure. A rogue is more of a scoundrel who'll use whatever to achieve his goals, be it a dagger, a mace of a shovel for that matter.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Depends on your definition of a "rogue" honestly. Had the class been named Thief or Assassin, sure. A rogue is more of a scoundrel who'll use whatever to achieve his goals, be it a dagger, a mace of a shovel for that matter.

it's funny you say that. i've been waiting since mop came out to use my shovel xmog but i can't since combat is shit.

Occasionally I'll get the urge to bludgeon someone with a Mace but mostly I like the stabbing. As far as Xmog goes, theres so many sweet daggers and if we didn't use them nobody would!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    This.

Ehhh from vanilla until I abandoned my rogue I always preferred swords/maces over daggers. The only time daggers ever really looked alright to me was when my rogue was a female human.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Still though, Rogues fulfill the whole ninja AND pirate trope in the game.

At least, no other class comes close to the swashbuckling sword fighter. Warriors have moved onto being Barbarians.

Daggers should be able to be x-mogged into swords, but maybe not the other way around. After all, mutilate is the same animation as Raging blow, and it doesn't seem to bother 2H dual wield warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, when I first leveled my Rogue I always wanted to use daggers and daggers only because it just felt right, but as I played Combat at the start of MoP I found some really nice fist weps/swords for Combat so it never really bothered me as much. But in my mind, Rogues should be using daggers because it just feels right! I wish we could transmog daggers to swords and vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    it's funny you say that. i've been waiting since mop came out to use my shovel xmog but i can't since combat is shit.
    Combat may be shit right now, just get your hands on AoC.

Combat is pretty cool - atm due to the nerfs it needs the AoC to get back on par, but with that i assure you the spec is more than simply viable.

As for xmog, well, i like the idea to keep daggers separated from the other weapon types. I play Assa/Sub because of daggers, i find the more rogue-ish. I feel assa + swords a strange concept at least.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Combat is pretty cool - atm due to the nerfs it needs the AoC to get back on par, but with that i assure you the spec is more than simply viable.

As for xmog, well, i like the idea to keep daggers separated from the other weapon types. I play Assa/Sub because of daggers, i find the more rogue-ish. I feel assa + swords a strange concept at least.
    replying purely because of avatar mog ;-p..the reason I rolled my rogue was back in the good ol days and watching azerothian 6 from usa on youtube..I made a hunter called gigi and I absolutley fell in love with abandonation's transmog t5 with the matching swords ..I was belf male with the exact same set in wotlk when I played combat but since I was kinda forced into assa the mog looked daft without the awesome swords
    this was my first ever look at rogue ..followed by maydie killing people naked ^^

Don't worry guys they are working on making 2h's mog into polearms oh wait that only helps a classes that already got in on the new transmog changes....

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...55466772541440

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    As a Combat Rogue, I feel the opposite, that I'm locked out of daggers. I just hope one day Blizzard make Combat use daggers too.
    My biggest grip about combat in cata was that I had to use daggers.

They just need to make all specs use swords/axes/maces/daggers and be done with it.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

They should let us transmog daggers to other 1-hand weapons.