Long pauses when looting.

so ever since the patch when i go to loot on the timeless isle, i get a pause, sometimes stretching for 10-15 seconds, one time my system crashed during this pause. I asked in general and some other people said it was happening to them as well, but how wide spread is this? seems to get worse if there are a bunch of corpses your looting at the same time via aoe loot.

I havent seen anything on the blizz forums about this being acknowledged as a bug.

lag from all the people using abilitys and looting probably stormrage US it took like a minute or two and longer if a world boss was dying

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    so ever since the patch when i go to loot on the timeless isle, i get a pause, sometimes stretching for 10-15 seconds, one time my system crashed during this pause. I asked in general and some other people said it was happening to them as well, but how wide spread is this? seems to get worse if there are a bunch of corpses your looting at the same time via aoe loot.

I havent seen anything on the blizz forums about this being acknowledged as a bug.
    This happened to me yesterday. Only I got stuck in loot stance and spent the next 20 minutes crouch/hovering as I moved and couldn't mount.

Not as bad as the time though when scarlet monostary glitched and i was stuck holding the shield, walking incredibly slow. Group was done with instance before I could walk half way, then had to walk the entire way back (about 10 min) because I couldn't port out.

It's called loot lag. And while it sucks, it's a shell of what it used to be. You could mount up in the loot position it was so bad back in the day.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I've not noticed it so much when I'm looting something I killed solo (on Timeless Isle), but looting bosses after large groups kill them (ship, houlon, etc) can take 10-30 seconds. Whatever allocation logic the game is using takes a while to "verify" that you're entitled to the loot, I suppose.

The only time ive seen pauses is when the game specifically says in red letters "That item is busy"... or whatever it says. And you gotta click it a few times because someone else is trying to loot the same item.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

Oh no, i know what loot lag is. This is not loot lag. My graphics freeze for a second or two every time i loot one mob on the island. I once aoe'ed down a bunch of little turtles for meat for the soup cart quest and looting the bunch of them in the same go froze my computer for 25 seconds, then the game continued like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by batok View Post
    lag from all the people using abilitys and looting probably stormrage US it took like a minute or two and longer if a world boss was dying
    yes stormrage lag is retarded. way too many people there. us normal players need to have a unanimous list of all the griefing jackasses and make blizz kick them off the isle...then watch the lag go away...lol.

BTW, i found the cause of this. It was my garbage selling/auto repair add on. soon as i disabled it i stopped getting the delays in looting.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If looting takes longer than usual that's generally the #1 sign you're having huge lag right now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    i find the lag only happens to me on shared-loot rares, where everyone is trying to loot the same corpse.

on creatures i alone have the right to loot there is no lag.

but yeah the lag is totally real for me,

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    I've not experienced this 10-15sec lag, but always when I loot there's a 1 sec delay which is VERY annoying.

turn off your garbage collecting add-on and see if that fixes the 1 second delay thing