Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm not too upset considering I have like 15 free slots with royal satchels in every bag slot since Blizzard refuses to acknowledge the storage problem.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhany View Post
    heres some info for you:

the droprates of rares were lowered. therefore, all elitemobs (that ones you farm 20 of on daily basis) will now also drop tokens. the best way to get tokens still is to gamble at the apes chest den.

note one thing: the more equip you already have fitting your needs, the more painful it SEEMS to be to get the parts that are missing, cause the number of "fitting" slots reduces.

i wish you better luck anyways. maybe your shaman or hunter, i could give you all my uneccessary rolls ;-) i could have slotted a shaman 4 times by now, while my one leather class is still not ready ;-)
    I should have been more clear, I figured it was obvious from context, I'm talking about rare blue vanity drops.

Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    Comparing a item that's a free soulstone basically to a mirror that turns you to look like someone else..Gee wonder why it'd have charges.
    Look to the wind item thing when MoP came out, and when it was allowed to be used outside of Pandaria. People'll find ways to abuse it, and everyone and there mothers would be farming that item if it was permenant.
    It's not just the soulstone. It's every cool item on the damn island, minus the crazy mount survival one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Did people think Timeless Isle would be all their Christmases rolled up into one? So many 'but mummy I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it NOW' posts lol
    it's not the fact that we want it now and with a side of gravy too. I have started realizing what a monumental task this achievement is when i got exalted farming all sorts of mobs. I killed hundreds of kilnmasters and chanters in the sanctuary, and saw THREE eternal kilns drop. Fortunately as a shadow priest most things on the isle aren't a threat, and was able to get my kiln without having to roll with it. Too many inconsequential items have a retardedly low drop rate, or obscene requirements. The nice sprite stone is one of those things. The purple stone to click on has a 1-2 hour respawn, one person can click on it, and they can only click on it once a day. THEN they have to survive aoe'ing hundreds of mobs that hit pretty hard in hopes that the elite spawns, THEN they have to hope that elite drops the pet. How many hoops to jump through is that? I lost count.

To top it off, many of the rare elites are killed within seconds of spawning because they have next to no health. If i get a lei shen trinket proc, most mobs on the isle with sub 5 million are going to die in 10 seconds are less. Remember rares on isle of thunder with base 6 million which doubled if someone hit them? that mechanic is in on this isle, but too many rares have no hp, so who cares if a rare with 2 million goes to 3 million. Just a tiny bit more hp to kill. The weather cores, the mount from huolon, and many other items, like the battle of the barnacle event are too rare, or dead when you get to the rare to tag it. The isle is inconveniently designed too, in that a small group of people with censor can efficiently lock off half the isle by controlling the choke points south before you get to the bridge, making it that much harder to get to the higher altitude regions of the isle. THEN people call it an exploit if you swim out to fatigue waters, and fly up and levitate to places on the isle.

In short, i'm digging the isle as a whole, just there are too many oversights or bad design decisions and WAY too many 1% drop chance items from rares you can barely tag to begin with.

The rares die too fast as mentioned. I'm about halfway done with the achievement meta myself, but was saddened to see the criteria is not account wide. The worst one will probably be the sprite as I've gotten the elite about 11 times out of 12 attempts and no pet. I'm also really low on bagspace and even so the charges on the stones is really lame.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    one.... more.... for the achi.

zesqua's rain stone is all i need.

GIVE ME GOOD RNG

I fully plan to come back at level 95 to grind emperor rep and get all those various achievements. It will be so much easier then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Got the achievement nearly a week ago, did it all on my home server (Stormrage) where rares die within 20 seconds of spawning, it just took a dedicated camp-path. Imo the hardest ones to get were ones I couldn't camp, like the Spineclaw crab, Death Adder Hatchling and Glinting Pile of Stone.

It just requires a lot of time investment. Getting the achievement 2 and a half weeks into the patch, I'd estimate I spent about 8 hours a day on the isle. Yes, I have no life.

Don't know how people have problems with bag space. I rarely run out of room. Of course I don't hoard every single vanity item and have it sit in my bank for 5 years. Some vanity items are neat but the majority of them should be trashed when looted.

I have no problem with the charges or bag space or the achievements. If anything, I'll wait for the next xpac and then come to the isle at the new max level to work on them when there's nobody else around.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Don't know how people have problems with bag space. I rarely run out of room. Of course I don't hoard every single vanity item and have it sit in my bank for 5 years. Some vanity items are neat but the majority of them should be trashed when looted.

I have no problem with the charges or bag space or the achievements. If anything, I'll wait for the next xpac and then come to the isle at the new max level to work on them when there's nobody else around.
    "I don't keep half the items you do (that blizzard stated they plan to clean up), but can't understand why you have problems with bag space"

yeah....
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Agree on the charges thing... it's pretty stupid.

I can understand how items like the BREZ might have charges since that can drastically affect gameplay, but some vanity item like the Falling Flame? Why?

Also, why would they make Huo'lon's mount non tradeable among the people who downed him. Literally three out of the 50 players who took him out once last night got the mount, and two of them already had it.

So they threw it away.

Why Blizz?

10+ Year Old Account
    they are pretty rare, but if you stick with it you will get them eventually.

seems like a bit of a hard slog, better put some music on and zone out! it will be one heck of a grind
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Agree on the charges thing... it's pretty stupid.

I can understand how items like the BREZ might have charges since that can drastically affect gameplay, but some vanity item like the Falling Flame? Why?

Also, why would they make Huo'lon's mount non tradeable among the people who downed him. Literally three out of the 50 players who took him out once last night got the mount, and two of them already had it.

So they threw it away.

Why Blizz?
    Mulitboxers and gold farmers, likely.

Imagine it, someone with 20 different accounts sits there all day and farms Huolon for the mount, just to sell it to someone (or multiple someones), since they have 20x the chance to get it and make a profit.