2 Tanks, 1 Cup of Vengeance

Hi guys. I wasn't sure where to post this but I think there are some pretty active paladin tanks around here.

Theck over at sacred duty made a couple of weakaura strings based on Riggnaros's vengeance/taunting/swapping add-on.

We've never really used this strategy on our runs.

Can any tanks help me out with some information? Is the strategy helpful? When should use it? Are there any drawbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewlePew View Post
    Hi guys. I wasn't sure where to post this but I think there are some pretty active paladin tanks around here.

Theck over at sacred duty made a couple of weakaura strings based on Riggnaros's vengeance/taunting/swapping add-on.

We've never really used this strategy on our runs.

Can any tanks help me out with some information? Is the strategy helpful? When should use it? Are there any drawbacks.
    The only thing you have to watch out for (besides taunt possibly being on cd when needed for a mechanic, like adds spawning or something) is taunt-immuning the boss. Well, that and making sure that if you're the offtank and you don't want to end up with the boss after doing this, you watch your aggro - there *shouldn't* be an issue in that regard, but I've run with some tanks in which it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Does the taunt immunity for bosses last longer then the cooldown of a taunt?

If I taunt the boss he becomes fixated for something like 3 seconds correct? The other tank cannot taunt back until that 3 seconds is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Taunt DR in simple terms, is similar to CC DR. Details are a bit murky right now, but I think it's something like 3s > 3s > 1.5s > immune with a 30s-ish cooldown? The details aren't hugely important, if you're taunting between the boss every 10 seconds or so you'll DR the taunt pretty quickly.
    From looking at logs where my old offtank would constantly taunt (while already having the boss :rolleyes), it's hard to say for sure but it looked closer to 3s > 1.5s > .75s > immune...and then he would wonder why I couldn't get Lei Shen off him for Decap... /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.