Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Galakras- Bad Rogue Fight?

So I'm in a 10 man raid group and we are progressing through Galakras on Normal mode. We have a demo lock, destro lock, fury warrior, ele shaman, and assassin rogue. Everyone is pulling around 170-220k dps and the rogue is doing 40k. We then replaced him with another rogue, and it's the same thing. He says it's te fight that is bad for rogues but I find that hard to believe. Are we just having bad luck with rogues or is it really just a bad fight for them? I'd post logs but unfortunately I do not have them. Both rogues around 530 ilvl.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

I'm assuming you have other melee besides Rogues. I can't imagine why they would be fine by the rogue's aren't, unless Galakras is poison immune and they were both Assassination.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Not the best rogue fight but 40k is ridic...

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Galak...14/60/default/

The only way a rogue should be doing 40k is if he has no poisons and is just auto attacking. I pulled 226k this week. So ur rogues are just really bad.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    So I'm in a 10 man raid group and we are progressing through Galakras on Normal mode. We have a demo lock, destro lock, fury warrior, ele shaman, and assassin rogue. Everyone is pulling around 170-220k dps and the rogue is doing 40k. We then replaced him with another rogue, and it's the same thing. He says it's te fight that is bad for rogues but I find that hard to believe. Are we just having bad luck with rogues or is it really just a bad fight for them? I'd post logs but unfortunately I do not have them. Both rogues around 530 ilvl.
    Your rogue's are bad. Our rogue is 535ilvl (which is comparable to the rest of the dps) and assassination and we run with an affliction lock, fury warrior, frost mage and BM hunter. He's the top dps pulling anywhere from 180k-200k. We usually send him with the tower teams. He concedes his dps is slightly worse on this fight than others, but obviously not so much that he's not still top dps.

Love this fight as a rogue. Went into it as combat for the first fight since Garalon and ripped off 300k. Your rogue friend just needs to know what to prioritize. If he's doing this fight as Assassination instead of Combat, he needs to learn how to roll ruptures for FoK most likely.

If I had to take a guess, the adds were dying fast, and he was extremely energy depleted from not having any bleeds up, thus not being able to FoK.

Uhh, no. It is not a rogue thing. Our rogue is pulling 250-270k on Galakras.

I pulled 267k on Galakras this week. Now my ilvl was 548 which is higher than your rogue, but even if you drop my dps by 30%, I'd still be in the range of the dps in your group (and dropping 18 ilvls is not a 30% dps loss).

Use a little common sense. A healer could do that much damage if you told them not to heal. 40k is ridiculous regardless of whether a fight is unsuitable for a class or not.

Any time i hear the words "_____'s are bad for this fight" i cringe......It's just an easy excuse for a player not pulling their weight. Instead of finding ways to work around it people usually say eh screw it this fight is just bad for my class so ill do bad dps. Tell the rogue to pick it up or get dropped lol

Any DPS doing 40k on that fight regardless of class/spec isn't really trying tbh. There are probably classes that will have an easier time on that fight than rogues but it's no worse for a rogue than any other melee. I think you were just unlucky to find two bad rogues in a row. You could stand there and spam of knives and do a lot more than 40k.

40k is on par with the disc priest in our 25man, and about 25% of what he's actually supposed to be doing.

Deleted
    Yesterday I (feral druid) did 60k dps on a dummy (self buffed) while only melee attacking and using savage roar. I'm sure that I could boost this to 70k by using Tiger's Fury.
    40k dps is Dragon Soul.

If this rogue blames it on the fight... kick him.

There's a blogger who went into LFR as bm hunter with 500 ilvl and his pet did 38k dps. Eh 40k really ? I am hoping thats a typo and you meant that the rogue was doing 40k less than other dps, which is a more plausible scenario.
    Playing subtlety is like ballroom dancing, just that there is an ugly monster between you and your partner (tank).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...traws/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not rogue expert or anything but i think Galakras is ideal fight for combat spec, tell him to switch, blade flurry will do the job.

He's bad..
    We did that fight with an ass rogue in the group and he was 2nd in damage. Dunno what he did, but he + fury warrior were obliterating the tower minibosses so fast that on one occasion I was sure I just tab targetted other mob..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Maybe it is an combat log range issue. Plus...when you are doing towers you may end up with less dps thanks to running around.
    If you can stick on adds and aoe your dps will be ludicrous.

Please tell me you are sending him up towers

Only 40K? Are you sure you don't mean 140k?

40k should be impossible unless you are afk 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambithepatient View Post
    Any time i hear the words "_____'s are bad for this fight" i cringe......It's just an easy excuse for a player not pulling their weight. Instead of finding ways to work around it people usually say eh screw it this fight is just bad for my class so ill do bad dps. Tell the rogue to pick it up or get dropped lol
    melee are bad for thok