Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Juggernaut 10man normal mines!

Hey guys, so 10man raiding guild we get 3 sets of 3 mines in phase 1. Got the off tank grabbing 2 and then we rotate dps/healers for the 1 left. Looking for ideas how to soak the mine in the best easier way.

Our roster is

Tanks: DK-Guardian
    Healers: Pala-MW-Disc
    DPS:Hunter-Mage-Ele-Lock-DK-Feral

We had our hunter poping deterance for the first 2 sets of mines and afterwards on the 3rd mines set, we just left it explode and heal through.

Our hunter seemed to have no problem with detterancing the first mine, but afterwards on the second one he got too much dmg and sometimes died. Any ideas why that happened?

Thanks

Edit: Any feedback/tips from players already done the fight for the other aspects of the encounter please do share
    Last edited by mmoc8c8ef5e76a; 2013-09-17 at 07:33 PM.

The tank currently not tanking gets all of them. GG. No trick, or nothing. It is that simple.

Void tendrils are very effective for the mines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    How is that? Explain the mechanic please i dont understand it

They spawn, then they move to a location and burrow. They deal physical damage when you click on them, so tanks take very little damage when they jump on them.
    you get knocked a few yard up in the air when you soak it.

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Can you root them when they spawn?

Typically, the off-tank should be able to get all 3 without too much trouble. However, if you're more comfortable with a DPS soaking rotation, you can also have your mage soak one every 1.5 minutes, so once or twice per stage depending on where he is in the rotation. I can also see the feral druid being an effective soaker by popping barkskin and bear form. Additionally, it's probably possible for the disc to survive it with pain suppression and a big shield.

We tried a dps rotation for an attempt or two, but found it less complicated to allow the tanks pick up all three, which is possible with enough practice. Even if they miss one or two, it shouldn't cause a wipe with 3 healers.

As a mage greater invis works amazing, and Ice block. Really only needed myself and hunter to soak with the OT picking up the rest. Our other dps used CDs if the mines ended up close to them just to save us and the tank the run over. Overall really easy fight once the mines are sorted out.

As far as your hunter dying for second deterrence, I have no idea because our hunter was fine

pallies can take 2 if they are close enough without taking any damage. with 2 pallies, both with clemency, they take most of the mines.

personally i would advise against relaying on one guy to pick up all 3, RNG can put them spread far apart and if your strat involves none of them going off its best to have offtank+1 to take care of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    pallies can take 2 if they are close enough without taking any damage. with 2 pallies, both with clemency, they take most of the mines.

personally i would advise against relaying on one guy to pick up all 3, RNG can put them spread far apart and if your strat involves none of them going off its best to have offtank+1 to take care of them.
    Nothing to do with RNG, the mines go to where players are located. Making sure people are moe clumped up, means the mines are closer together.

DPS can't soak mines without a big CD up. Deterrence is right on the edge of big enough since it doesn't deflect just reduces the damage by 50% (W/glyph)

Mage can soak fairly regularly with Greater Invisibility.
    Paladin can BoP people and they can grab 1-2.
    Paladin can bubble himself and grab 2-3.
    Feral Druid can Barkskin + Survival Instincts.
    Feral can use Symbiosis on the Priest for Dispersion.
    Feral could also probably handle one with just Bear form+Barkskin whenever you want.
    Pain Suppression, Life Cocoon, or HoSac (Glyphed) could probably be used for your DK to soak as well, possibly paired with Icebound Fortitude and/or Blood Presence for extra safety-- and he can take Purgatory so that if it's too much you have a chance to save him.

You have a lot of options and PW:S to take the edge off the last two which are a bit sketchier.

It's also really not a big deal to just have the 3rd mine explode, especially with 3 healers. We were 2-healing and we just had our 2 mages alternate. If they didn't have Greater Invis up they called for a BoP. If there was no Greater Invis and no BoP we just let it explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciani View Post
    The tank currently not tanking gets all of them. GG. No trick, or nothing. It is that simple.
    This. It's what we did without any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilm View Post
    and Ice block.
    Unless you can click while ice blocked this wouldn't help. When I tried I saw the mine explodes for about 500k physical, then you take another 700k immediately after. I couldn't survive this in bear form (gives armor and health) which put me at 700k HP + barkskin. I still died. Just have your tank not currently tanking pick up all 3.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    This. It's what we did without any trouble.

Unless you can click while ice blocked this wouldn't help. When I tried I saw the mine explodes for about 500k physical, then you take another 700k immediately after. I couldn't survive this in bear form (gives armor and health) which put me at 700k HP + barkskin. I still died. Just have your tank not currently tanking pick up all 3.
    Just click mine then Ice block there is a small arming period before it blow and u take zero dmg.
    The ice block sits on top of the bomb and u just get blown into the air while blocked
    Last edited by Quilm; 2013-09-17 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilm View Post
    Just click mine then Ice block there is a small arming period before it blow and u take zero dmg.
    The ice block sits on top of the bomb and u just get blown into the air while blocked
    That's good to know. Thanks for the tip.

Signature Created by Jassinta

If your hunter is dying to the 2nd one and saying that he popped deterrence i can tell you he is lying and did not pop it or he stood in shit prior to hopping on a mine reducing his health below 50% making the mine kill him. But as a hunter i never have died to a mine but also never missed a deterrence. So tell your hunter to stop lying and man up for his mistakes : ) Also tell him to disengage when he gets closer to the ground making him not take fall damage.

you know your mages and druids can blink the mines yeah? Same procedure as soaking all the balls on heroic will of the emperor.

I soak 2 -every- wave on my mage by just blinking. Sometimes I soak all 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your elemental has a shield equipped he'll have no problem soaking them, sham rage and shift help too.

Make use of BoP and divine shield with your holydin, and again if he has a shield equipped he'll be able to soak without a massive CD

Remember not all 3 need to be soaked one can be left to heal fairly easily
    Last edited by Kaga; 2013-09-29 at 11:45 AM.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

As Kaga said, you don't need all three, though it does pretty much trivialize this phase.

Tanks: DK-Guardian - obviously any tank can soak without problems.

Healers: Pala-MW-Disc
    Pally can BoP himself or others and Divine Shield himself, with clemency that's a ton of mines dealt with.
    MW can life cocoon himself or another.
    Disc can pain suppress and bubble himself or another, eliminate fall damage with levitate or leap of faith and can also use leap of faith to help someone else get quickly to a second mine (say, before their BoP wears off).

DPS:Hunter-Mage-Ele-Lock-DK-Feral
    Hunter can soak back to back with deterrence. Mage can soak with either greater invisibility or cauterize, though I recommend the first. Elemental can soak with astral shift and shamanistic rage (with to without a shield). Lock can soak with dark bargain or unending resolve (if he doesn't have enough HP to soak with UR alone, you can pre-shield him or combine with a hand of sacrifice).

There's a thousand possibilities for your raid, but what it really comes down to is who you can trust to get it right.

The tank currently not on the boss stomps on the mines, for us the mines were coming out a little before the third stack on the tank so we generally only got two of the three mines but letting one mine go off was not very punishing at all as long as the tank stomping the mines let everyone know that the damage was incoming.

Get a warrior tank. Charge one, Leap one, then I use engineering boots.