targeting macro for Galakras

hi all,

my team is progressing currently on Galakras and I was hoping you could help me out with a proper targeting macro with priorities for the add phase.

What I would like to do is to have list of targets and priority set up in such way that next target is set only if the previous (or all occurrences of previous die)

haven't tested it but this is something I have right now.

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /target Healing Tide Totem
    /target [noexists][dead] <banners_name>
    /target [noexists][dead] Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman
    /target [noexists][dead] Dragonmaw Bonecrusher
    /cast <instant_spell>
    the idea behind it is that whenever I press that macro it will target HTT first even if banner or shaman is still up, it will target banner only when there are no totems up and will target shaman only when no totems/banners are up and lastly the bonecrusher

since I really suck at macro-fu any help you can give me will be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    hi all,

my team is progressing currently on Galakras and I was hoping you could help me out with a proper targeting macro with priorities for the add phase.

What I would like to do is to have list of targets and priority set up in such way that next target is set only if the previous (or all occurrences of previous die)

haven't tested it but this is something I have right now.

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /cast <instant_spell>
    the idea behind it is that whenever I press that macro it will target HTT first even if banner or shaman is still up, it will target banner only when there are no totems up and will target shaman only when no totems/banners are up and lastly the bonecrusher

since I really suck at macro-fu any help you can give me will be much appreciated
    Code:
    /stopcasting
    /cast <instant_spell>
    Just reverse the order. Put max priority mobs down on the list.
    "/target"s are not casts and they will all execute, meaning the lower ones get executed later, thus "overwriting" your previous target from the macro.

thanks - that looks awesome.

just as a bonus, i assume /target HTT might target our shaman's htt as well? is there a way for it to target only add's totem? some target by spell id or something?

macros can't target enemy totems and banners

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    are you sure this applies to Galakras as well?

I'm not 100% sure, but I know it was true for Galakras at least on the PTR. I highly doubt they would change it because those banners have 1 health.

Maybe totems on Nazgrim are targetable because you can't 1-shot them.

my guild tried using target macros for the banners and totems and they didnt work at all even with /targetexact i dont think blizz would have changed not being able to target totems with a macro just for this fight, at least that was the conclusion our guild came to

I was trying to do something like this for the Klaxxi encounter to improve my quality of life a bit. The problem I'm having is that the corpses hang around until someone interacts with them, so the macro keeps targeting the dead one until someone clicks it.

I tried:

/cleartarget
    /target [nodead] 3rdtarget
    /target [nodead] 2ndtarget
    /target [nodead] 1sttarget

I'm guessing it didn't work b/c the nodead conditional is attached to the current target? Would something like this work better?

/target [@3rdtarget, nodead]
    /target [@2ndtarget, nodead]
    /target [@1sttarget, nodead]

Or would Lopina's macro structure do what I want? I don't really understand what the [noexists] does.

Deleted
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    /target 1sttarget
    /target [noexists][dead]2ndtarget
    /target [noexists][dead]3rdtarget
    /target [noexists][dead]4thtarget

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    This is correct. I made a macro for it and it never worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    This is correct. I made a macro for it and it never worked.
    "/target someoneyoutrust-target"

eg, "/target clebane-target"

You need to trust whoever you are using as MA to be on the ball, but it works. Note that the dash is required when using a name, rather than a unitid like "/target raid1target". "/assist clebane" should work too, but I can't say I have tried it :P

Makes no sense on 1hp things, but on war banners with a few hundred k hp, it can be helpful
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-10-24 at 12:30 AM.