Page 1 of 2
LastLast

qq about LFR and General Nazgrim

Just got kicked from LFR because I was third lowest dps on second try when we whiped on 1%. Im not bad by all means. Ive played this game for 8 years, just came back, Im crappy geared but for LFR I was in top 5-10 entire raid. I know my class, I have DBM on. Im dont stand in fires. You know.

Anyways, after first try I relized our dps was low because some dps died from adds and such and I decided to be more interuptive on adds and stop heals and stuff. In addition I was one of few who accualy didnt touch the boss entire time during defencive stand. As combat rogue, I, especially on switches, need few sec on every add to build up rotation. In additon I was wasting combo points on interupts. So needless to say, my dps droped. But it did good as nobody died and healers had easier job.

We eventualy whiped because boss enraged.

Im not so much mad about being kicked as I am mad about the mechanics of kicking. These clueless range idiots who happen to be somehere in the middle of dps meters, yell and blame everybody and just start kicking people. And others just press accept because its not them and they dont care. Before me they kicked 3 other people. One guy because he clicked need on an item he could obviously need on. 2 other guys becuase they as well were low dps. But nobody was way low. The last 7 people on dps meter did almost the same dmg.

Next time, I will fucking ignore everything, dps right into defencive stand, never switch to adds, sit on top of meters and not care a bit about what to accualy do. Nobody will blame the guy on top right?

That way maybe I can finish this damn raid.

Damn idiots.

That's the spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    Just got kicked from LFR because I was third lowest dps on second try when we whiped on 1%. Im not bad by all means. Ive played this game for 8 years, just came back, Im crappy geared but for LFR I was in top 5-10 entire raid. I know my class, I have DBM on. Im dont stand in fires. You know.

Anyways, after first try I relized our dps was low because some dps died from adds and such and I decided to be more interuptive on adds and stop heals and stuff. In addition I was one of few who accualy didnt touch the boss entire time during defencive stand. As combat rogue, I, especially on switches, need few sec on every add to build up rotation. In additon I was wasting combo points on interupts. So needless to say, my dps droped. But it did good as nobody died and healers had easier job.

We eventualy whiped because boss enraged.

Im not so much mad about being kicked as I am mad about the mechanics of kicking. These clueless range idiots who happen to be somehere in the middle of dps meters, yell and blame everybody and just start kicking people. And others just press accept because its not them and they dont care. Before me they kicked 3 other people. One guy because he clicked need on an item he could obviously need on. 2 other guys becuase they as well were low dps. But nobody was way low. The last 7 people on dps meter did almost the same dmg.

Next time, I will fucking ignore everything, dps right into defencive stand, never switch to adds, sit on top of meters and not care a bit about what to accualy do. Nobody will blame the guy on top right?

That way maybe I can finish this damn raid.

Damn idiots.
    Do more DPS ad you won't get kicked. Low DPS deserve to be kicked since they're being carried.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Do more DPS ad you won't get kicked. Low DPS deserve to be kicked since they're being carried.
    Did you actually read why? If others are padding the meters in Defensive stance and not switching to adds when its critical to do so just to not disrupt whatever rotation then they're doing it wrong even if they have 'high dps'.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikc View Post
    Did you actually read why? If others are padding the meters in Defensive stance and not switching to adds when its critical to do so just to not disrupt whatever rotation then they're doing it wrong even if they have 'high dps'.
    or theres option 2 pop all CDs in zerker stance pull 300k and die =p since most of these r tards only look at "dps" and not damage done lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

10+ Year Old Account
    its lfr, it shouldn't surprise you, its the pits and that will never change. Join a guild and run flex/norm/heroic, a million times more enjoyable and how the game should be played for a good experience

Unlikely that the ones he put in the first post are the only causes. Combat doesn't have a hard time switching with the glyph of redirect either, one GCD and you're basically set. Really, you have players doing 50k in LFR, you think stopping for defensive and doing adds would put you under 50k?
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Raid dps was so bad they hit enrage. Just how much meter padding actually happens in those circumstances?

Anyway OP, that awkward moment when you realise you actually aren't very good huh? "Stop heals and stuff" doesn't mean you can't dps. Raid dps was so low you hit enrage in lfr. Take a moment to think about that. That's terrible and you were the 3rd worst in that crop. I can't see how the kick wasn't justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Unlikely that the ones he put in the first post are the only causes. Combat doesn't have a hard time switching with the glyph of redirect either, one GCD and you're basically set. Really, you have players doing 50k in LFR, you think stopping for defensive and doing adds would put you under 50k?
    He said he was using points to interrupt n help out others. And he was crap geared. A similar scenario with Ret, for example, would be me wasting Holy Power and GCDs on healing/helping others who are standing in shit, effectively bringing down my DPS while actually 'stealth' helping the raid. And to answer your question, yes, stopping for defensive and focusing on adds (especially if hardly anyone else interrupts) could put you at low DPS. Doesn't mean your actual DPS on non-defensive stances was 50k. Stop projecting your heroic gear and experience unto LFR ><

Think it's pretty much what you said, ranged who probably did zero interrupts, focusing on DPS (even through defensive stance), being trigger happy with the kick feature. Others mindlessly clicking yes makes it worse. Myself, I usually try my best to hit the 'no' button as fast as possible, unless they're kicking AFK/very rude people.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

You're fighting the hive mind mentality of the LFR more than anything else. If there are one or two extremely vocal players in the LFR, the group will usually follow their lead...especially if they're geared (even if their whole intention of being there is to troll). As counterproductive as it might seem, the best place for you to be in the LFR is the silent minority. If you're playing like shit and start trying to "help" people, you'll get flagged as a LFR hero and if enough people dislike your behavior (even if it's helpful), you're likely to get the boot. Conversely, if you're carrying the ever-living shit out of a LFR, you risk having hive mind boot you just because you clearly don't have any reason for being there and you're only trying to boost your ego.

tl,dr: Shut the fuck up and try your hardest not to suck too much, even if it means ignoring certain mechanics.

Deleted
    You were just in a bad group, don't become stupid like the others because you will still get kicked if they see you dps the boss in def stance.
    You were just unlucky.
    Though, try to get decent gear so people won't judge you on that at least.

Raid dps was so bad they hit enrage. Just how much meter padding actually happens in those circumstances?
    Seems you dont understand the mechanis of this fight.
    People have to focus adds so not half of the raid will be stuck on them.
    This half could dps too the boss if others help them down the adds.
    Quicker the adds die, quicker EVERYOBODY will dps the boss.

What the OP did was the right thing and that's what we ASK for in the encounter.
    Not some zerglings.

Deleted
    This is the exact reason 496 is way to low an entry level into SoO LFR

Deleted
    While I normally would agree with you that on principle what they did was wrong, you did say you were second last on the dps meters.

This is LFR we are talking about. That place where a quarter of the raid is afk for most of the fight. If your dps that low, I would have kicked you too. No amount of "I can't switch targets without dps loss" and "I was interrupting" makes up for dps that terrible.

Play better and start start pressing dps buttons even when waiting for something to interrupt and you won't be low on LFR meters whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoss17 View Post
    What the OP did was the right thing and that's what we ASK for in the encounter.
    Not some zerglings.
    Did the right thing, but did it badly, that's why the OP was kicked.
    I agree with the poster you posted. Raid dps was so bad they hit enrage, that means the even the highest DPS of that raid shouldn't be too high, 100k-ish? And yet he was one of the 3 lowest DPS in that raid. I'd take a guess that he did ~50-60k. At that amount of DPS, regardless whether he was being a god and interrupt & cc everything in the fight, I wouldn't want him in my raid either - especially when it seems like that raid didn't have anyone to carry.

Doing mechanics isn't an excuse for doing poor DPS.

Usually when we wipe to enrage I suggest kicking the bottom 5 dps. 9/10 times they're doing 50k. Regardless of moving out of things, interrupting, etc. that is pathetic dps. Especially at these ilvls. Personally I'd rather have someone doing 100k dps who gets hit by a few mechanics and doesn't interrupt than the first person.

Deleted
    Nazgrim is terrible for this, so many dpsers in there don't want to fall behind on the damage meter so they stick to the boss like glue ignoring everything else just so their damage is higher, then rage at everyone else becuase adds wiped the boss. on most fights im all for kicking the really low dps, but on nazgrim the dps isn't everything, i'd rather have a low dps thats doing the fight properly than a high dps that isn't attacking adds at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoss17 View Post

Seems you dont understand the mechanis of this fight.

Not some zerglings.
    Of course I understand the mechanics of the fight. I've done it as tank, dps and healer. Target switching and holding dps for 20 seconds isn't an excuse to perform at the bottom 3, especially when the bar is already so low in lfr. You need to do the right thing mechanically and meet a certain minimum bar for performance. He didn't meet that bar and got kicked. I mean seriously, every lfr I've been in I can only shake my head at the bottom few dps'rs. I'm not even sure how people get such low numbers short of tickling the boss with a feather.

Instead of qq'ing on the forums about how the whole world is mean and nasty he should stop learn from it and improve.

Only reason people would have kicked you is for attacking Nazgrim in Defensive Stance and not dpsing the shamans

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Nazgrim is terrible for this, so many dpsers in there don't want to fall behind on the damage meter so they stick to the boss like glue ignoring everything else just so their damage is higher, then rage at everyone else becuase adds wiped the boss. on most fights im all for kicking the really low dps, but on nazgrim the dps isn't everything, i'd rather have a low dps thats doing the fight properly than a high dps that isn't attacking adds at all.
    With even less people who stick to the boss and ignored all mechanics, that lfr group would have been ever further from a kill.

Only reason people would have kicked you is for attacking Nazgrim in Defensive Stance and not dpsing the shamans
    By reading his post it seems like they kicked him for playing like shit and blaming it on interrupting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    With even less people who stick to the boss and ignored all mechanics, that lfr group would have been ever further from a kill.

By reading his post it seems like they kicked him for playing like shit and blaming it on interrupting.
    Yep lol. Since when did Kick require combo points? It doesn't even require energy, nor is it on the GCD so interrupting is an absolutely terrible excuse for simply being an undergeared or bad player. Even if you're a clicker, hitting interrupt shouldn't stop you from maintaining a correct rotation for more than a second.

Provide your armoury link and I bet we'll see you in all 496 timeless items, unenchanted, ungemmed and not reforged. You were at the bottom of the DPS metre and that is the reason you were kicked, it had nothing to do with interrupts.