Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Incorrect conquest cap and gear obtained

Hello all, before we start a Qq post about how this will happen if someone removes your grievous gear please just leave. This post is to get a responce into what the end result will be to the gear that was received by those who knowingly took advantage of the conquest point issue now acknowledged and reported by Blizzard.

I first noticed the incorrect conquest point cap last night and knowing the issues that normally surround day 1 of a new season I avoided stepping into the ring with my fellow players.

My question to Blizzard now, and yes you can leave a post speculating the the process is what happens now. Many players have knowingly and deliberately capped their conquest and purchased the gear before vendors were locked out. With that being said, are there plans to remove gear from players that took advantage of this issue and adjust conquest back to its maximum arena/RBG cap point.

This would appear to be a monumental task considering some players have obtained valid gear through normal cap/Celestial WB on timless isles.

Though I would not like any of my fellow players to be hurt for time list, I do believe if you knowingly abused the system you should lose the gear.

I wish you the best of luck sorting our this problem Blizzard, this is going to be a tough one.

To my fellow players on the field, Ill see you soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    they already have a blue post about this

they will remove any conquest above 2200 and remove all gear and achievements related to conquest and gear

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    They mention a removal of Achievements and a removal of title and any excess conquest. They do not mention a removal of any pvp gear purchased before the vendors were shut down. I'm trying to get an answer as to the removal of this gear.

Deleted
    so if you get over 2200 conquest they just remove the excess down to 2.2k right seriously they have had 2 weeks patch delay and an extra week to fix this kinda shit,

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are saying so far in blue post that extra conquest and achievements relating to attaining grievous conquest will be removed. Those things are easy to correct in comparison to selectively removing the gear from players who obtained it through this flaw in the conquest system. This is due pvp gear directly dropping from the celestial world boss. So on a case by case basis does blizzard really have the resources to remove this gear from the players who knowingly took advantage of this flaw? I myself have had great ring and relieved two pieces of grievous loot from the celestial bosses and I have yet to touch an arena due to these issues. I believe it will be interesting to see blizzards response to full 522 grievous players right now. I really hope they have their gear stripped but I still feel their pain. It's just a shame this patch looks very competitive and I would hate to walk in vs fully geared folks for weeks until we catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    so if you get over 2200 conquest they just remove the excess down to 2.2k right seriously they have had 2 weeks patch delay and an extra week to fix this kinda shit,
    Seeing how you know nothing about programming how it works. Some bugs are bound to go past to live. No matter how hard they try, you can't squash them all.

I'm sure they forget about low lvl chars lvling (or the one that didn't do arenas) to 90 that has 28k points to cap or something rofl

anyway the gear wont matter since the ilvl cap gonna is 496 +1 for week till 512 or something like that..
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    I'm sure they forget about low lvl chars lvling (or the one that didn't do arenas) to 90 that has 28k points to cap or something rofl

anyway the gear wont matter since the ilvl cap gonna is 496 +1 for week till 512 or something like that..
    That rule only applies for PvE gear.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...e-fail-or-lie/
    "This is actually incorrect, PvP items have no cap in patch 5.4. This means that Conquest gear will keep its 522 Ilvl stats but PvE items on the other hand will be lowered to a 496 Ilvl cap. Every week after the new season commences, that cap will increase by 1 to a maximum of 512 which it will stay at for the rest of the season.

So you're correct that PvP gear will have a higher Ilvl in instanced PvP, but the information you provided was incorrect. I hope that this clears up any misunderstandings and explains how the Ilvl ceiling works in patch 5.4. "
    Additionally, I think Blues already said they were removing the gear... I'll look for a post.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-for-the-game/

The Conquest vendors were despawned within an hour of the realms being up, as far as I'm aware gear purchases aren't an issue.
    Last edited by Cirayne24; 2013-09-19 at 02:04 PM.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the correct answer to my original question is no, the one or two pieces someone may have obtained during the hour of up time with the issue will not be removed. It's not going to be fun for healers for a while with people running around with grievous weapons within the first week of launch =( I do wish you all the best of luck since i have two pieces from celestial bosses I think ill be fine.

The resilience buff has been pretty crazy nerf to damage overall, I feel like I am hitting people with a wet noodle

Deleted
    Vendors are back and ppl still have 28K conq cap. I love blizzard :P

/sarcasm off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    The resilience buff has been pretty crazy nerf to damage overall, I feel like I am hitting people with a wet noodle
    Im guessing you are not playing a warrior or hunter then

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they are giving up on a fix for the issue, the fact is i do not believe we are ever going to get an answer on how they are going to remove x number of items form x number of players obtained via the incorrect amount of conquest while maintaining x number of items obtained through celestial bosses. To do this at the same time removing the incorrect level of conquest and not impacting the existing pvp season seems a insurmountable challenge.

my friend still has 3 main parts and a weapon as I type this.

Quote Originally Posted by saett View Post
    Maybe they are giving up on a fix for the issue, the fact is i do not believe we are ever going to get an answer on how they are going to remove x number of items form x number of players obtained via the incorrect amount of conquest while maintaining x number of items obtained through celestial bosses. To do this at the same time removing the incorrect level of conquest and not impacting the existing pvp season seems a insurmountable challenge.
    I don't know if Blizzard has the capabilities, but they could track characters who have spent more than 2000 conquest points at the vendor, remove all of their items and then refund them x amount of conquest. That way they could completely ignore people who earned gear through the world boss.

I still have SOME faith in their ability to rectify this mess, but it'll have to be done before this weeks reset. I'm also worried about people who might be buying the items and storing them in void storage, because Blizzard have a tendency to not look further than players' bags.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Im guessing you are not playing a warrior or hunter then
    Warrior i agree with, but i feel hunter damage is pretty balanced right now.
    not wet noodle mode, not 5.2 level overpowered stupid.
    talking about mm by the way, never touching bm again.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, I don't like the idea of avoiding arenas till this has been resolved but I am debating it. My conquest cap has been fixed but we will see. I wish a blue would step up to bat and clarify this. I have never called one out of the twisted nether but I think now is an appropriate time. So please can we have a simple update or at the very least what you guys are thinking. Please folks let's come up with some crafty ideas to help

Deleted

Deleted
    They won't remove gear. It's just too difficult operation. People already put gems and enchants on this gear and refunding would be too complicated. That's why Blizz didn't mention anywhere about taking back gear in blue posts. You can cry and moan - gear is staying.