Deleted

Resto Druid or Monk?

Our guild is by no means hardcore or racing for realm firsts but I was wondering exactly how strong the resto druid actually is right now. I have both, the druid a little less geared than my mistweaver as my monk is what I main right now.

I understand that resto druid is ahead on Raidbots right now, but does that really mean anything? Would I see a huge difference if I swapped what I heal on during our raids? I'm sort of teetering on whether or not to switch, because I love my monk, but with Revival now hitting like a wet noodle I feel like a better raid CD might be more beneficial.

Our other healers are Discipline priest and Resto shaman (10-man).

I like playing both - as long as I'm raiding I have fun regardless of what class I'm playing so it's not really down to "whichever one you enjoy more" for me. Just looking to optimize my raid team and I'm unsure of the exact power of the resto druid right now.

Thanks a lot for the help.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-09-18 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Fixed title for you

Quote Originally Posted by Imouto View Post
    TITLE TYPO! RESTO DRUID OR MONK, NOT SHAMAN

Our guild is by no means hardcore or racing for realm firsts but I was wondering exactly how strong the resto druid actually is right now. I have both, the druid a little less geared than my mistweaver as my monk is what I main right now.

I understand that resto druid is ahead on Raidbots right now, but does that really mean anything? Would I see a huge difference if I swapped what I heal on during our raids? I'm sort of teetering on whether or not to switch, because I love my monk, but with Revival now hitting like a wet noodle I feel like a better raid CD might be more beneficial.

Our other healers are Discipline priest and Resto shaman (10-man).

I like playing both - as long as I'm raiding I have fun regardless of what class I'm playing so it's not really down to "whichever one you enjoy more" for me. Just looking to optimize my raid team and I'm unsure of the exact power of the resto druid right now.

Thanks a lot for the help.
    Resto druids got some really nice buffs. They are in an awesome place right now. With genesis you have a mini CD with no CD. Permanent efflorescence is also awesome and glyphed SM is really nice.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Resto druid is ahead on raidbots but it looks like Blizzard did a good job of balancing the healers in that they are all within a fairly tight range.

There aren't any severe outliers like disc priests or resto shamans last tier.

That being said resto druid feels sickeningly strong to me right now.

I'd say if you have the legendary on your druid then play that. Otherwise its not worth switching.