Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Teaser for the next patch

So there is this pic on the teaser for the next patch:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

Anyone know who this actually is? The only thing I can think of is it sort of looks like Caithe, and possibly a corrupted version of her o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    New images from the official screenshot page:

http://imgur.com/a/nXHTW

Looks like the new fractals are coming.
    Valar morghulis

My first bet would also be Caithe. The eyes indicate that there's something wrong with her so probably some alternate reality from the TM reactor or something.

It's more than likely Caithe. Also, that's the natural color of her eyes, so I currently have no reason to believe they're indicative of anything being 'off' about her. You can see it here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/2/...oncept_art.jpg

It's not just the eyes... it's the whole posturing and everything. I mean maybe she's just mad.. but it feels off from what I am used to Caithe being. Idk... There was that bit in "What Scarlet Saw" that mentioned her and Faolin... maybe something is going to happen with that again. I do hope we get the new fractal next time though. That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It's more than likely Caithe. Also, that's the natural color of her eyes, so I currently have no reason to believe they're indicative of anything being 'off' about her. You can see it here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/2/...oncept_art.jpg
    I always thought her eyes were bright yellow and not green, good thing to learn something new.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I just see it as a different artistic interpretation of her look/armor. Nothing about that picture is really striking me as abnormal. I mean, she is a thief-type, so she's holding a dagger and... yeah, it just seems like regular Caithe to me. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Looks like Scarlet in that bottom screenshot.
    In the bottom it is definitely a hologrpahicish Scarlet, which if this is the new fractal coming out, it would play into my theory that Scarlet had something to do with the reactor blow-up/experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I just see it as a different artistic interpretation of her look/armor. Nothing about that picture is really striking me as abnormal. I mean, she is a thief-type, so she's holding a dagger and... yeah, it just seems like regular Caithe to me. o_O
    That is true... I can't really put my finger on it though... something about it just feels sinister. I am rather curious about this next patch now though. I am so susceptible to teases ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple snippets from the wiki on Caithe:

She is unusual in that while most sylvari are creatures of light, she has never feared "gazing into the darkness" to seek "truths that others fear."

Voice acted by Kari Wahlgren. She has stated that, "She's very mysterious... we're not quite sure whether she's good, or whether she's evil, but she seems to pop up throughout the game with information and no one's quite sure how she got it."
    Valar morghulis

Logan has played a part in lots of recent stuff, Ritlock and Eir have been involved in some of it too, but Caithe and Zojja have been mostly absent, so probably just bringing them back to the light, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are screenshots of of the inside of a Scarlet dungeon on the official website. Possibly related.

Looks interesting, regardless of who it is. Especially if we get the Fractals.

More like Scarlet pre corruption. Guess she isn't done yet. Feel like it's time for something new though, so many Sylvari.

Nah the face is all wrong for Scarlet. Also, I don't think she changed in appearance, though this is mentioned "Her skin was hot to the touch, and the faint golden glow that surrounded her had shifted to vivid crimson." But I think that might be in reference to a glow during the experiment which lingered after? I know he also says something about her "leafy green head" but I figured that meant her skin more than her hair. It's possible though.

That looks like the woman from the flower dungeon- twilight arbor or something.

don't forget the markings on her head... it's Caithe for sure.

I'd rather guess it's the rework of Twilight Arbor, since Anet stated a while ago that TA is high on the list for a revamp, and dungeon-revamps come as a part of a living story update. Also the new fractals were supposed to come at the end of the year.

Why are they reworking TA?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    More like Scarlet pre corruption. Guess she isn't done yet. Feel like it's time for something new though, so many Sylvari.
    Don't count on it. Was really disappointed at the PAX Q&A to find out that Scarlet is going to continue to be a prominent figure in LS. And with the Sylvari being a favorite of the LS/narrative writer they're probably going to be featured as much as possible. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Maybe due to the upper path final boss being somewhat hard

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    They have plans to update all the dungeons similar to what they did with AC. The just don't want to do them all at once randomly and instead are going to do them one at a time as part of the Living Story so the changes make sense on some level. Now that the update of TA has been mentioned though, yea that is probably most likely :/ I had totally forgotten about the dungeon updates.