10+ Year Old Account

Little confused about Connected Realms?

So I am being told on the Official forums "high pop servers will not be connected" "The goal of Connected Realms is for Low/med pop servers" "Connected Realms will not address faction balances"

Kinda sucks since I play on a high pop pve sever that is 99% ally

Does anyone know if these statements are true?
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-18 at 10:22 PM.

So far we believe that they will be true. If you were to unite, say, Illidan (high pop, 99% horde) with Sargeras (high pop 99% alliance), you'd probably make both factions miserable, but more relevantly, you'd absolutely crush the server capacity.

If you are the minority on a high pop server, expect no mercy from this technology yet. You can't be merged with anyone.

Meanwhile, on Ursin...

Ursin is a horde dominated server, but it is VERY small. It will be united with other servers. We will likely end up more balanced as a connected realm, but we will definitely end up much larger. That second factor is the big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    So far we believe that they will be true. If you were to unite, say, Illidan (high pop, 99% horde) with Sargeras (high pop 99% alliance), you'd probably make both factions miserable, but more relevantly, you'd absolutely crush the server capacity.

If you are the minority on a high pop server, expect no mercy from this technology yet. You can't be merged with anyone.

Meanwhile, on Ursin...

Ursin is a horde dominated server, but it is VERY small. It will be united with other servers. We will likely end up more balanced as a connected realm, but we will definitely end up much larger. That second factor is the big deal.
    So in other words nothing is set in stone about Connected Realms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    So in other words nothing is set in stone about Connected Realms?
    We haven't gotten a definitive list of which realms will be connected yet, so no, nothing is set in stone yet (at least as far as WE know).

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't want connected realms to result in log in queues so it seems unlikely that high pop realms will be connected with anyone until they find some way to address the queue issue first. I wouldn't be surprised if they used them in the future to address population balance but for now they are intended to address lower population realms primarily.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |