Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    After running the Grounding Totem glyph last night and being placed in the group with both tanks I can confirm that nothing on Protectors OR Dark Shaman was reflected (or absorbed). The totem would expire on its on volition after the timer went off. The only time I could get something reflected was on trash packs between bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortic View Post
    After running the Grounding Totem glyph last night and being placed in the group with both tanks I can confirm that nothing on Protectors OR Dark Shaman was reflected (or absorbed). The totem would expire on its on volition after the timer went off. The only time I could get something reflected was on trash packs between bosses.
    My logs from 25 Heroic Dark Shamans last night show it working reflecting the frostbolt fine. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nd...214/?enc=wipes

Quote Originally Posted by Cortic View Post
    Never had anything reflect on Dark Shamans either (Grounding would just expire on it's own after it's duration). I was a melee and made sure to be on the right boss just to be sure it was in range. Was also in tank's group.

Maybe it works different from HC to normal? Most of the people that say it works are talking about HC...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Never had anything reflect on Dark Shamans either (Grounding would just expire on it's own after it's duration). I was a melee and made sure to be on the right boss just to be sure it was in range. Was also in tank's group.

Maybe it works different from HC to normal? Most of the people that say it works are talking about HC...
    I had exactly the same experience, yet in my logs it clearly shows that the Shaman's Frostbolt did damage to the Shaman himself, which is a clear indication of a grounding effect in place.

To clarify: You are not the dmg source, the Shaman is.
    Last edited by Drogotaar; 2013-09-23 at 02:15 AM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogotaar View Post
    I had exactly the same experience, yet in my logs it clearly shows that the Shaman's Frostbolt did damage to the Shaman himself, which is a clear indication of a grounding effect in place.
    or (Mass) Spell Reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by Drogotaar View Post
    Maybe the reflected frostbolt doesn't consume our grounding?
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Grounding definitely appears to work on normal mode (europe), tried it last night. It even ate the totem.

[21:47:35.836] Raiju casts Grounding Totem
    [21:47:37.059] Wavebinder Kardris Froststorm Bolt Rockhoof Reflect
    [21:47:37.190] Wavebinder Kardris Froststorm Bolt Wavebinder Kardris 400000
    [21:47:37.651] Grounding Totem's Grounding Totem fades from Raiju

The reflects logged as coming off the tanks, but I presume this is just because they were the target (monk/paladin so no spell reflect that I'm aware of)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I ran a flex with another ele in diff group, neither of us saw bane or bolt get reflected

Tried it on 10N. Didn't notice it on Skada or my Combat text, but it appeared on logs.

[01:09:01.144] Wavebinder Kardris Froststorm Bolt Imavän Reflect
    [01:09:01.827] Wavebinder Kardris Froststorm Bolt Wavebinder Kardris 420000

[01:10:05.276] Wavebinder Kardris Froststorm Bolt Imavän Reflect
    [01:10:05.670] Wavebinder Kardris Froststorm Bolt Wavebinder Kardris Miss

I casted grounding totem around 4-5 times, only successfully grounded it once.

Interesting, today in LFR my grounding was getting destroyed pretty much right after the cast and I saw the animation go towards the totem. I guess this was either fixed or it behaves differently under circumstances that I'm not aware of.

Edit: Unglyphed Grounding, forgot to glyph it before the fight.