Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I think that blizzard should put the xp boost in the store on NA servers. Who honestly enjoys leveling in northrend? Seems like it lasts forever. If I could buy 100% xp booost to get through it faster then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol you really should get a grip, Noone here is resorting to insults, each of my posts have had a full explanation of my opinion, If you can only pick out words you don't like to try and discredit it, then I feel even more sorry you It's easy to reach that conclusion when it's all you've been going on about, I find it funnier that you somehow (I'd love to read where) read that I'm against Blizzard giving me more value for my money, And well, Since you can't actually show me because it's bullshit, it means you've now resorted to just blindly making stuff up, So I think this is at an end here, Was fun, But it's run it's course I think, No point in us continuing if one of us is just making stuff up:P
    A number of your posts have been rude and insulting in this thread and indeed this post, where you claim that you are not insulting anyone, is also rude.

If you are not against Blizzard offering more value for money why have attacked people for asking for it? It seems odd to me that you would accuse people of "...spitting your dummy out about it" or tell them "Don't comment if you have zero clue..." if you agreed with their point of view.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    A number of your posts have been rude and insulting in this thread and indeed this post, where you claim that you are not insulting anyone, is also rude.

If you are not against Blizzard offering more value for money why have attacked people for asking for it? It seems odd to me that you would accuse people of "...spitting your dummy out about it" or tell them "Don't comment if you have zero clue..." if you agreed with their point of view.
    Lol SO you have no part of your silly argument left? Didn't think so :P
    Edit, Just to add, can you please stop making stuff up? Thanks! I never said I hadn't insulted anyone, That's something you've made up, again, I said I hadn't resorted to insults, there is a difference, Something I say people can find insulting, It's not my fault some people are carebears who need to grow a thicker skin, Just because you don't like something someone said, Doesn't mean they are attacking you xD
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2013-09-20 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    They try lots of things in Asia and some of them never made it EU/NA.
    What happened with 2 raid lockouts/week? So you could run every raid twice a week instead of one? Is it still in Asia?

But, I do however believe that we cannot rule out the possibility for a cash shop and a f2p-transition in EU/NA. Star wars did it when they had around 2million subscribers, and I dont know how many subscribers Wow has in EU/NA... can be just a wee bit more than that.

Lol SO you have no part of your silly argument left? Didn't think so :P
    Edit, Just to add, can you please stop making stuff up? Thanks! I never said I hadn't insulted anyone, That's something you've made up, again, I said I hadn't resorted to insults, there is a difference, Something I say people can find insulting, It's not my fault some people are carebears who need to grow a thicker skin, Just because you don't like something someone said, Doesn't mean they are attacking you xD
    If you are insulting someone you are resorting to insults. It is absolutely your fault, and no one else's, if you write or say something that someone finds insulting. When you call people "entitled" accuse them of spitting their dummy out and repeatedly tell them that you pity them, to name a few of your insults in this thread, you are attacking that person. Why does someone you do not know talking about a company cause you to react in such a manner?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    Really hope this is sarcasm but incase its not and for the people that legit think the above opinion......korea is a part of asia
    You do know that they didn't say only asia. They said initially it would come out in Asia. That leaves a lot of room for discussion.

At this point though, we have seen pets, mounts, and items, I'm not seeing how much an xp buff makes much of a difference. Honestly when the pet store first came out my prediction was pets -> mounts -> temporary buffs -> items, so I'm kind of surprised we didn't see the xp buff sooner. Not that I am for it, because I definitely am not, but at this point it isn't surprising in the least, and I don't think people should be surprised as more things continue to get added.

Personally I feel I should get access to everything for the subscription price, everything in the store should be obtainable in game, including xp buff items.

Really though if the leveling experience is so boring that people need to buy items to blow through it as quickly as possible, you would think the correct answer would be either to give the buff to everyone or to actually make it interesting, and I think that holds true for whatever region you play in. When you start selling convenience items it potentially can lead the game down a path where the game is designed to be inconvenient to encourage store sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    They try lots of things in Asia and some of them never made it EU/NA.
    What happened with 2 raid lockouts/week? So you could run every raid twice a week instead of one? Is it still in Asia?

But, I do however believe that we cannot rule out the possibility for a cash shop and a f2p-transition in EU/NA. Star wars did it when they had around 2million subscribers, and I dont know how many subscribers Wow has in EU/NA... can be just a wee bit more than that.
    Why would Blizzard want to go F2P. They would have to quadruple current subscription numbers to maybe break even. That is a lot of subs even for a free game. Also players seem to be happy buying a box and paying a sub AND buying stuff from a store. That is like the holy grail or something, it doesn't get much better than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are insulting someone you are resorting to insults. It is absolutely your fault, and no one else's, if you write or say something that someone finds insulting. When you call people "entitled" accuse them of spitting their dummy out and repeatedly tell them that you pity them, to name a few of your insults in this thread, you are attacking that person. Why does someone you do not know talking about a company cause you to react in such a manner?
    Lol it's just words, on a forum, Maybe you shouldn't be so serious? You're nowhere near the topic now, so please, return to the topic at hand, I am not "resorting" to insults, Please, learn what that actually means, I'm not only saying mean things to you am I? No, I'm giving you full explanations of my opinion, and you feel hurt (boo fucking hoo) by some of my words, That's not my problem, You need to get over yourself you feel entitled to stuff for nothing, You don't pay a sub to get everything there is, Not that it matters because all you care about is going off topic, you say I'm resorting to stuff, But you are the one who keep going off topic to try and attack what I'm writing, Funny, huh

Now, Instead of spamming this thread with your off topic sillyness, can you please start writing something on topic, I've grown tired of replying to your off topic crap :P And it's not helping anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    You do know that they didn't say only asia. They said initially it would come out in Asia. That leaves a lot of room for discussion.

At this point though, we have seen pets, mounts, and items, I'm not seeing how much an xp buff makes much of a difference. Honestly when the pet store first came out my prediction was pets -> mounts -> temporary buffs -> items, so I'm kind of surprised we didn't see the xp buff sooner. Not that I am for it, because I definitely am not, but at this point it isn't surprising in the least, and I don't think people should be surprised as more things continue to get added.
    I think that the sub losses were behind Blizzard's caution and slow pace adding items to the store. Whether they have reached a point where they feel that adding more items to store will not cause further sub losses or that the profits will offset any subs that are lost or they are going to continue slowly pushing the barriers of what the players feel is acceptable remains to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the sub losses were behind Blizzard's caution and slow pace adding items to the store. Whether they have reached a point where they feel that adding more items to store will not cause further sub losses or that the profits will offset any subs that are lost or they are going to continue slowly pushing the barriers of what the players feel is acceptable remains to be seen.
    Hopefully they will take notice of the huge backlash when everyone thought the Exp pot was coming here, I don't think they will ever add anything that has stats, or items that give you a big advantage, (hopefully) I think the closest they came was the guardian cub, considering you could buy it from them, then sell it in-game, But I never saw it sell for more than 9K, which won't buy you much gear^^

The way they do it is very smart and calculated. If you want to get somebody to do something they don't want to do, you don't just spring it on them. You put it out there that it could happen someday to get it in there heads and to get them used to hearing about it. Then you start off doing it for let's say... charity. You go slowly, adding things, slowly expanding the envelope. You don't want to shock people. Leak then discuss, then "try it out", then tell people the response was good, let people get used to it and accept it, and then start all over again.

The way they do it is very smart and calculated. If you want to get somebody to do something they don't want to do, you don't just spring it on them. You put it out there that it could happen someday to get it in there heads and to get them used to hearing about it. Then you start off doing it for let's say... charity. You go slowly, adding things, slowly expanding the envelope. You don't want to shock people. Leak then discuss, then "try it out", then tell people the response was good, let people get used to it and accept it, and then start all over again.
    Don't get me wrong adding micro transactions to a sub based game was always going to be controversial and requires Blizzard to tread carefully. I just wonder if there had not been major sub losses over the past few years if they would have proceeded at a quicker pace.

Deleted
    Why would Blizzard want to go F2P. They would have to quadruple current subscription numbers to maybe break even. That is a lot of subs even for a free game. Also players seem to be happy buying a box and paying a sub AND buying stuff from a store. That is like the holy grail or something, it doesn't get much better than that.
    They are losing subs, and we dont know how many subs are sufficient to them. Also, it doesnt mean they would have a good f2p-model, Im thinking they would probably go a restrictive way with "subscribtion choice" and f2p-accounts being heavy in restriction to annoy people to pay. A similar model to the f2p-model EQ has. At least subs will remain somehow, to give some value to current and old subscribers... which means it must be beneficial somehow to subscribe. I can see them hit f2p-players quite hard to make them open wallet somehow. Noone is under impression that blizzard is a generous company :P

Hopefully they will take notice of the huge backlash when everyone thought the Exp pot was coming here, I don't think they will ever add anything that has stats, or items that give you a big advantage, (hopefully) I think the closest they came was the guardian cub, considering you could buy it from them, then sell it in-game, But I never saw it sell for more than 9K, which won't buy you much gear^^
    To be honest I think it is sad day for the game when Blizzard acknowledge that many of their customers do not care for a great deal of their content and instead of addressing the issues behind this their answer is to charge customers to bypass much of it. I think it shows Blizzard's priorities towards us and the game in a rather poor light can, only, hope that not only does the backlash against the exp potion convince them not to sell it in the Western shop but to address the issues as to why players do not enjoy levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    They are losing subs, and we dont know how many subs are sufficient to them. Also, it doesnt mean they would have a good f2p-model, Im thinking they would probably go a restrictive way with "subscribtion choice" and f2p-accounts being heavy in restriction to annoy people to pay. A similar model to the f2p-model EQ has. At least subs will remain somehow, to give some value to current and old subscribers... which means it must be beneficial somehow to subscribe. I can see them hit f2p-players quite hard to make them open wallet somehow. Noone is under impression that blizzard is a generous company :P
    I don't think the reason they are losing subs is the price, it is the game itself. Going F2P would likely lose them money right now, they have the best of both worlds right now with people paying for box,sub,and store.

Deleted
    I don't think the reason they are losing subs is the price, it is the game itself. Going F2P would likely lose them money right now, they have the best of both worlds right now with people paying for box,sub,and store.
    Nah, doing a restrictive f2p-method they gain more players. Sub of choice == cash, cash shop items == cash, do like EQ and still force people to pay for expansions == cash. Not all f2p-models are generous, take EQ where f2p-players get very little and that game has lots of expansions that f2p-players will have to buy if they want to play the content. If done right, with a little or a lot greed in mind, there is no way it would lose them profits... rather the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I think it is sad day for the game when Blizzard acknowledge that many of their customers do not care for a great deal of their content and instead of addressing the issues behind this their answer is to charge customers to bypass much of it. I think it shows Blizzard's priorities towards us and the game in a rather poor light can, only, hope that not only does the backlash against the exp potion convince them not to sell it in the Western shop but to address the issues as to why players do not enjoy levelling.
    Yeah, the levelling community seems to be rather split, people seem to love it or hate it, The biggest problem I have with levelling is even without heirlooms I outlevel zones way too quickly, even quicker If I want to level a gathering proffesion too, Mostly I see people just want to get to max level ASAP, Maybe it's because there is no "mystery" left in the world any more? I'm not sure if it's something they can improve, or if it's something that has just gotten stale with age:S

I think are correct that the price is not behind the sub losses but is most certainly a major factor as to why WOW is failing to attract new players. Compared to its competitors WOW is very overpriced who is going to spend in excess of £50 and pay a sub fee when they can buy GW2 for £30 or play Rift for free?

The prices posted are interesting. 1000 WON for one XP pot and 4300 for 5 XP pots. That's roughly 90 cents and 4.99 dollars in US dollars using Google conversation rates.