Poll: Should PVP-flagging be confirmed before applying it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes nothing says fun like Pop Up windows asking "Did you mean to hurt that person?" Yes/No... then the required second box of "Why are you continuing to hurt that person if you didn't mean too?".... "Wait a minute you are just using this horseshit pop up check system to gank people!"
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Coming Soon™ - "You're standing in fire. Are you sure you wish to stand in fire? [Yes / No]"
    After that - "You were standing in fire so we moved you out of it."
    Then Hotfixed shortly after "We no longer move you out of fire, but instead move the fire!"

Ah the playerbase, so funs!
    LOL, instead of having the player fix their problem, blizzard will fix the problem for you! ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Coming Soon™ - "You're standing in fire. Are you sure you wish to stand in fire? [Yes / No]"
    After that - "You were standing in fire so we moved you out of it."
    Then Hotfixed shortly after "We no longer move you out of fire, but instead move the fire!"

Ah the playerbase, so funs!
    Lol. Yeah I can see this happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    No, as how would that even work? Like would you still be actually damaging the player while you are still not even flagged? Doesn't make much sense. Sorry, its your fault you flagged yourself for PvP.
    Players who flagged themselves for PvP on top of vendors/NPC's etc your fault ?
    Blizzard added the interact keybind for that reason, and even now it is relatively unknown as a feature.
    Still requires targeting them which is not always easy with a click when covered by a large mount.
    It is not always your fault, but such a confirmation would be awkward and clumsy.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-09-19 at 11:26 PM.

AoE already does ignore flagged players if you aren't flagged. :|
    Really? Then this entire discussion literally comes down to people accidentally right clicking flagged players?

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Really? Then this entire discussion literally comes down to people accidentally right clicking flagged players?
    Yep, that's pretty much it. There is no accidental flagging, just people whining because they can't mash 1 and watch TV.

• Mash buttons? Your own fault for not paying attention to nearby players.
    • Right-click the wrong target? Your own fault for not clicking the right target.
    • Tabbed to wrong target? Change the keybind function to NPC specific.
    • Tired? Don't blame blizzard and get the game changed because YOU are in an un-fit state to play.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-09-19 at 11:39 PM.

So someone "forces" a flag on a PvE server with the various methods that exist. You die most likely and have to wait 5 min since they most likely will camp you. The people who kill these people (among others) say waiting 5 min when you didn't even make a mistake is "no big deal". So if every time you attacked a PvE mob by accident you died and had to wait 5 min before continuing on with your PvP you would be ok with that? Of course this will never happen since you can't avoid PvE mobs, but the point is having to wait 5 min every time this happens over and over would be annoying I'm sure. I have been on PvP servers for 7 years so I don't really mind dying or ganking, but when you force others to do PvP on a PvE server then blame the victim and not the griefer you really need to get your head out of your ass.

Edit: To the person above me that is false. You can get auto flagged from smart heals hitting flagged characters. Are you implying a healer should not heal on a rare mob and let others die just to avoid this? I'm sorry, but if you think this is the healers fault in this situation you're just full of it.
    Last edited by Saishi; 2013-09-19 at 11:42 PM.

erm leave that as is but remve beinhg flagged when you right click a flagged payer.

to many players with cencur on standing on fres corpses in hope that the flaged pers gets clicked by accident. therefor flagign the other player

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post
    Because waiting 5 minutes is annoying. It's not a big issue, but it's an issue and it's one with a really really easy fix.
    Learning to play
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

[*]Right-click the wrong target? Your own fault for not clicking the right target.
    cant be helped if say you kill a frog and i have pvp on and i stand on the cropse theres is no way you can loot the corpse w/o clicking me and flagging urself.

as certain races/classes/roles its almost imossible not to flag the looter by standing over the corpse

think bears orcs ect
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-09-19 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    cant be helped if say you kill a frog and i have pvp on and i stand on the cropse theres is no way you can loot the corpse w/o clicking me and flagging urself
    so /sigh at the PvP player kill the next frog, he can't stand on 2 corpses at once. He'll get bored first. Regarding the smart healing issue, that should be rectified and smart heals should not be allowed to land on PvP flagged players unless the healer is PvP flagged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Saishi View Post
    To the person above me that is false. You can get auto flagged from smart heals hitting flagged characters. Are you implying a healer should not heal on a rare mob and let others die just to avoid this? I'm sorry, but if you think this is the healers fault in this situation you're just full of it.
    If you are SO bothered about getting killed by a player then yes - do not heal a tagged player. In fact, if that player was tagged in a situation where you are at risk of being killed, wouldn't that player already be getting killed or dying? Why don't you group with the tagged player and kill the other people trying to kill your faction?

You can avoid it, it's ALWAYS the player's fault. Why would I be "full of it" when I'm saying it's also MY fault if I make a mistake to get tagged?

Difference - I can admit to, and learn from my mistakes. People need to learn to adapt instead of whine and blame others.

cant be helped if say you kill a frog and i have pvp on and i stand on the cropse theres is no way you can loot the corpse w/o clicking me and flagging urself
    Yes you can, quite easily in fact. Take your pick:

Move your camera and mouse until it turns into a cogwheel/lootbag instead of the sword.
    Zoom all the way in.
    Bind your "talk to" (forgot the word) interact key and left click.
    Like AeneasBK above said, kill two mobs a few yards apart but still in range for loot from one spot. Click the one he's not stood on.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-09-19 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    so /sigh at the PvP player kill the next frog, he can't stand on 2 corpses at once. He'll get bored first. Regarding the smart healing issue, that should be rectified and smart heals should not be allowed to land on PvP flagged players unless the healer is PvP flagged.
    didnt think about that but its still a problem

didnt think about that but its still a problem
    Problem + Solution = Still a problem.

Really, what?

If you are SO bothered about getting killed by a player then yes - do not heal a tagged player. In fact, if that player was tagged in a situation where you are at risk of being killed, wouldn't that player already be getting killed or dying? Why don't you group with the tagged player and kill the other people trying to kill your faction?

You can avoid it, it's ALWAYS the player's fault. Why would I be "full of it" when I'm saying it's also MY fault if I make a mistake to get tagged?

Difference - I can admit to, and learn from my mistakes. People need to adapt.

Yes you can, quite easily.

Move your camera and mouse until it turns into a cogwheel instead of the sword.
    Zoom all the way in
    Bind your "talk to" (forgot the word) key
    Like AeneasBK above said, kill two mobs a few yards apart but still in range for loot from one spot. Click the one he's not stood on.
    You've just proven how misinformed you are. How exactly is a monk supposed to avoid healing a flagged person when they are killing a rare spawn? Pretty much all of their healing is smart heals. Implying it's a L2P issue when a flagged person of the same faction runs into a rare and then gets all the healers flagged just for doing their normal healing is stupid. Also, as I said I've been on only PvP servers so this doesn't affect me. Doesn't stop me from sympathizing with others who don't choose to PvP though and griefing others for your own amusement is just disgusting in my opinion. To each his own I guess.

Edit: Also, they are playing on a PvE server. Please don't tell me they should have to change how they heal just to avoid PvP griefers. Just to reiterate. They are doing PvE on a PvE server and have to not use half their spells to avoid PvP on a PVE server...Yea...
    Last edited by Saishi; 2013-09-19 at 11:58 PM.

You've just proven how misinformed you are. How exactly is a monk supposed to avoid healing a flagged person when they are killing a rare spawn? Pretty much all of their healing is smart heals. Implying it's a L2P issue when a flagged person of the same faction runs into a rare and then gets all the healers flagged just for doing their normal healing is stupid. Also, as I said I've been on only PvP servers so this doesn't affect me. Doesn't stop me from sympathizing with others who don't choose to PvP though and griefing others for your own amusement is just disgusting in my opinion. To each his own I guess.
    Stance of the Fierce Tiger and let the others kill it, it's not like heals are needed when a mass of people zerg it. Especially since they are easily killed alone.
    You've just proven how misinformed you are
    Yep...

Stance of the Fierce Tiger and let the others kill it, it's not like heals are needed when a mass of people zerg it. Especially since they are easily killed alone.

Yep...
    Again you seem to miss the point. They have to change how they play on a PvE server to avoid PvP. This is dumb and saying "Oh well they can just sit there and not play the way they want herp derp" won't solve anything. Also, what happens when the island isn't overcrowded and they do need to heal?

Again you seem to miss the point. They have to change how they play on a PvE server to avoid PvP. This is dumb and saying "Oh well they can just sit there and not play the way they want herp derp" won't solve anything.
    Like above, no change is needed, you don't need to heal for a rare in the first place so not doing so makes no difference.

I don't believe I am missing the point of your original post, of which was me being misinformed about class mechanics. Defending yourself after by changing the subject like that really doesn't help your case either.

"You don't know how class mechanics work"
    "Oh, nvm he does - WELL WHY SHOULD THEY CHANGE WTF?!"

That's kinda how it reads.

Edit for your edit:
    Also, what happens when the island isn't overcrowded and they do need to heal?
    The rares are easily killed solo, and if it isn't over-crowded you won't find yourself healing anyone with a tag. If someone is specifically there trying to get you tagged you can simple just DPS it in Fierce Tiger or report them for harassment/grief because they are trying to hinder your game-play.

Also, if you're alone, why would you be trying to kill them as a Healer instead of going DPS/Tank which would make life so much easier? Not afraid of making it more difficult? Fierce Tiger won't make much difference then.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-09-20 at 12:15 AM.

ITT: PvE carebear QQ

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players who flagged themselves for PvP on top of vendors/NPC's etc your fault ?
    Blizzard added the interact keybind for that reason, and even now it is relatively unknown as a feature.
    Still requires targeting them which is not always easy with a click when covered by a large mount.
    It is not always your fault, but such a confirmation would be awkward and clumsy.
    Turn on NPC nameplates, click the nameplate instead of the NPC itself. Problem solved. There would be times where there would be hundreds of people standing on the arena gear vendors, flagged, and I never once accidentally clicked one because I clicked the nameplate for the vendor instead of trying to click the vendor. There's your solution.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest