Poll: Should PVP-flagging be confirmed before applying it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I still don't understand where people are getting the idea that pve servers exist in wow. It's pvp and normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Problem + Solution = Still a problem.

Really, what?
    isnt solved when theres more than 1 person doing it where u are

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    cant be helped if say you kill a frog and i have pvp on and i stand on the cropse theres is no way you can loot the corpse w/o clicking me and flagging urself.

as certain races/classes/roles its almost imossible not to flag the looter by standing over the corpse

think bears orcs ect
    There's an option to be able to loot with left click - avoiding any accidental attacks. Works for quest givers and vendors too. Problem solved. Obviously a person could stand on the frog indefinitely to prevent you from looting it but they don't have to be flagged to do that.

First of all, why should I be caring about players, who trying to grief me? I just want to play the game, I've paid for. That's the biggest problem of Blizzard - they allowing griefing, cuz it's fun. But they're not realizing, that it's really not fun for victims being greified. That it may drive them out of the game. And for those people, who have choosen 2nd variant. How many times in your life you have used auto-flagging to intentionally enter PVP? Not to gank other player and use HS to drop flag, i.e. grief him, but used this feature instead of manually flagging yourself for PVP? May be once or twice? Then what's the point of having it? If you want to PVP - just flag yourself manually. Not enough? Transfer to PVP realm! Why PVEer can be kicked out of PVP realm with "PVE realm is for you" words and PVPer can't be kicked from PVE with the same reason? If you don't want other player to be able to kill you, when you don't want it, while being able to attack him at any moment, then you're just a griefer and griefing and other kinds of toxic behavior should be completely removed from this game, if Blizzard want it to survive.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-09-20 at 05:00 AM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me state

I’m on a PVE server because:

I don’t like to PVP

I do not enjoy PVP

I’m not geared for PVP

I never ever want to PVP

I have zero interest in PVP

I want nothing to do with PVP

So when I have my characters PVP flag off on my PVE server I expect to never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever get flagged as PVP.

Last night on the Timeless Isle the other faction had PVP players waiting at rares attacking PVE players. It was so much fun……..NOT.

15+ Year Old Account
    System is fine, if its crowded around an NPC, just get up the name plates and right click on that or/and zoom all the way in and then right click
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by IceStationZebra View Post
    Carebear QQ
    Like others have said, there are MANY ways to avoid flagging, this goes not just for you, but for EVERY carebear whining about being accidentally flagged, like it's been said, if it ever happens, nobody to blame but YOURSELF.

You should just be able to completely turn off PvP on a PvE realm if you want to. Then you never get flagged for being attacked by opposite-faction NPC's(though you can't attack them back, same with opposite faction players)and never have to worry about some douche trying to trick you into getting gank--err, 'engaging in World PvP'.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just think there should be more immediate responses to people complaining of griefing on a PvE server. the system is fine, but woudnt be necessary to change if GM's reacted swiftly and harshly against those that attempt to grief. im looking at the NPC campers, and the people killing the Albatross's just to stop others form completing quests.

if i make a mistake and get into a PvP fight when i didnt want to, its ok, its only a short 4 min wait and then i dont have to worry anymore. making the griefer /sigh and leave. it makes me laugh every time.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-09-20 at 03:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, leave it as is. I'm not one for PvP, but the rare occasional accidental short lived thing is entertaining. If it's a lower level I'd more likely just smack them back, if I was hit first, then leave them alone.. lol

Again. Why should I care about griefiers? Developers should care about them, not me. I'll better go playing the games, where developers are caring much more about their players and you may stay here with one player per 12 seconds sub loss ratio.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-09-20 at 05:07 AM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop right-clicking everything, instead left-click and bind something to the interact button.

Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    I know that a guild on Hordeside on my realm would run up when people were aoeing mobs in daily zones just to grief players, though that's rareish.
    This is pretty common place on the Isle now.

These people will position themselves in the rare mob in the hopes that when you click to loot, they get attacked so they can mob you.

I have seen so many attempts on the Celestials go south because of em to.

Personally I hate pvp, I don't think i belongs in a pve server beyond BGs and Arenas. If you want to pvp go to a pvp server.. and leave us alone.

I think the reason why the pvp types would hate for us pve types to be able to completely turn off pvp is because being jerks to us is half of the game to them. Must have gotten beat or are getting beat up alot in school.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2013-09-20 at 05:33 AM.

Deleted
    Right... so so far NO ONE has actually listed a SINGLE benefit to having right clicking pvp flagged players to attack them enabled on pve.

All this is is a thread full of workarounds, all of which require playing a special way to avoid something that people chose this type of realm to avoid. Can anyone list a single advantage to the system as it currently is?

Voted "Im playing on a PvP realm and don't care" because this is part of a larger issue that shouldn't apply only to PvE realms. How many times must my poor Dwarf get slaughtered mercilessly because some Undead punk is standing in front of the Halfhill market questgivers?

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/139.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    That's because PvE requires more content than PvP. PvPers can re-use the same content for years. It's a bit of a stupid thing to say -.-

Like others have said, if you don't want to be flagged, DON'T freaking hit the guy and BE CAREFUL with your abilities when you see flagged players around. Or do you want blizzard to hold your hand everywhere you go in-case big angry PvP-guy comes chasing you?

I'm sorry, but it's something YOU can fix by paying attention. Blizzard shouldn't fix the lack of awareness you have :/
    But why should i have to ? I still don't see the positive effect of the forced autoflagging. No one in this thread has presented one.
    The only thing it is used for is tricking players into pvp that don't want to.
    Who would it hurt if an opt-out option would exist in the menu to switch off autoflagging ? Not everybody has to use it, those few people that want world pvp on pve servers can leave it switched on. But they'd only have to fight players that want to pvp, too and i guess thats the problem isn't it ? It's much more fun to gank noobs than to fight someone who fights back in "world pvp"...

And the comparison with boss fights is stupid, when i enter a raid i want to get out of the fire and evade his other abilities, thats why i am there, thats what the content is. No one wants to switch off pvp-flagging in arenas and BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    AoE already does ignore flagged players if you aren't flagged. :|
    I've found on my monk, if i'm FoF and the mob dies, it will hit flagged. As will the sphere. Spinning Crane Kick does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to not get flagged on a PvE realm:
    1. Don't flag for PvP
    2. Don't target people flagged for PvP
    3. Don't attack people flagged for PvP
    4. Don't Heal people flagged for PvP
    5. Pay a tiny bit of attention to what/where you are clicking
    6. If you DO get flagged somehow (you clearly weren't following instructions 1-5) then wait (difficult, I know) for 5 minutes, continue play.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    How to not get flagged on a PvE realm:
    1. Don't flag for PvP
    2. Don't target people flagged for PvP
    3. Don't attack people flagged for PvP
    4. Don't Heal people flagged for PvP
    5. Pay a tiny bit of attention to what/where you are clicking
    6. If you DO get flagged somehow (you clearly weren't following instructions 1-5) then wait (difficult, I know) for 5 minutes, continue play.
    Why exactly should people have to do any of that? They chose to play on a pve server so they wouldn't have to pvp, many people paid hundreds of dollars to move to pve realms to not pvp. Why should they then also have to alter their playstyle constantly to be able to do what they are already paying to do, and what is a completely reasonable expectation on the type of server they chose? In particular why should anyone be expected to alter their playstyle in order to better accommodate griefers?

That's what the people who run around trying to force flags are - let's not pretend it's anything else. They have no interest in actual pvp, they're just out to make other people miserable. I don't see why anyone else should have to change to accommodate that. The griefers should have to change, and if they won't then they should be forced to do so through having the mechanic altered so they can't abuse it. Why shouldn't they be prevented from being able to do this? Why shouldn't they be quickly banned?

If you made a complaint about some other sort of griefing behaviour, say someone purposefully keeping a group in combat and wiping in LFR so you couldn't kick them, and I told you that it's your fault, your responsibility and you're the one obligated to quit and eat a half hour debuff and 45 minute queue to manage the problem would you think that was reasonable?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much about confirmed, but if you're not flagged then players who are flagged should simply register as an 'Invalid Target.' The confirmation would be actively flagging yourself in the first place.

Do flagged players think it's cool that a player can be unflagged to get the drop on them?