Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People will always be there to play MMORPGS. Those of us that were raised on pen and paper D&D will never stop playing til we die.

Deleted
    "So that new / reroll PvP players can quickly get from quest greens to Honor items to Conquest items..."

... and still keep wondering why they get smashed in open PVP with the best PVP gear available.

It's kinda sad to see Warhammer go. I still have the collectors edition sitting under my desk.
    They did capture the Warhammer world really well but it had too many bugs, the classes felt underpowered and unresponsive to play and really unbalanced servers.
    It could have been a great game but it felt abandoned by its devs only half a year after launch, Mythic has become a shitty company after they sold it to EA.

Hmm. WAR down; now what's next then? The one where the original WAR devs ran off to make when there was a promise of SyFy-funded bonuses if they made a fancy enough MMO to woo those executives into letting them do their game/TV series crossover?

*coughcoughRiftcough*

Or maybe Aion West? Who knows. Aion at least does well enough in the East that the game truly won't go anywhere for at least another 5 years.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2013-09-19 at 10:49 AM.

They did well with the Warhammer world, but they also kept a lot of WoW-isms they shouldn't have. Witch elves don't hide, and they certainly don't pick locks (they break down the door to get to the sacrifices inside). White Lions aren't a pet class - they hunt lions for their pelts. Squig herders aren't eagle-eyed archers who commands their squigs to help them out a bit - they prod the squig until they can unleash it, and hope like hell that it doesn't eat them first.

In the end all that didn't make me go away, what made me quit was that it didn't run well enough on the laptop I had at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    now for lotr to die which im suprised it hasnt yet
    That and DDO, but Turbine has even kept Asheron's Call running and with continued development since 99. With recent expansions to LOTRO I do not think it will be gone soon
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    The only MMO i've not finished leveling in 15 years. No surprises. After DaoC, what did you expect? :x

Maybe now someone else can pick up the license and make it into the something great!
    I loved WAR. Sad to see it go. /Saroc of <Ruin>

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Hmm. WAR down; now what's next then? The one where the original WAR devs ran off to make when there was a promise of SyFy-funded bonuses if they made a fancy enough MMO to woo those executives into letting them do their game/TV series crossover?

*coughcoughRiftcough*
    A few of the WAR devs went to Wildstar. I wonder how that turns out.

Tbh, I sincerely doubt it was the players in this case. This is the drawback of licensing a big brand.

I had WAR and the main issue I had was the unresponsiveness in combat. The delay between keypress and action was just too much for me to handle, basically making combat a snooze fest. Not to mention even after launch it was severely buggy. My friends who played WAR at end game for awhile said their main complaint was the repetition. Same sieges and same dull goals repeated over and over, that coupled with incredible faction imbalance ruined it for many of them.

Had the most fun in pvp with Warhammer then any other mmo, also warhammer got the best lore for fantasy and sci-fi and deserves a amazing mmo, lets hope one will come.

It didn't help them that they launched in Europe with GOA as the caretaker. Server were more down then up and the massive lag was just too much. Also the game wasn't really ready to be released.

Deleted
    Played WAR for a year until I realized they weren't going to do any significant updates. It was a good game, they just left it to rot instead of fixing the flaws.

WoW = Waiting on Warhammer
    RIP lol

The way Games Workshop holds the Warhammer leash I wouldn't expect anything of note. WAR was nothing more than a WoW cash in that failed, like most of them.

Warhammer's public quest events was a great idea.. until like 3 months after release when it was almost impossible to kill anything because the zones were empty.

I knew it wasn't going to last it lacked alot for a mmo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    Paragon is leading with 9/14 and Avast is still on 8/14. They are leading US 10m though. :>
    who gives a shit about world firsts. dnt know why they are posted on here.