Page 1 of 3
LastLast

SoO Progression, Sept 18 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, 50% off MoP (EU), Warhammer Shutdown

Confirmed: D3 Will Stay Online, iOS Update May Reset Authenticators, Clarification on the AH, Paragon 2.0 Q&A

Siege of Orgrimmar Heroic Progression
    Method is leading progress tonight, with 11/14 bosses down. Blood Legion has managed to kill one more boss since last night, now with 10/14 bosses down. Over in the 10 player column, Paragon is currently leading with 9/14 bosses down, followed by Sanitas, also at 9/14.

You can keep up with the rankings on WoWProgress and Manaflask.

Patch 5.4 Hotfixes: September 18
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Creatures
    • Cursed Hozen Swabby now has a 2-second cooldown on their Rusty Shank ability.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Siege of Orgrimmar
      • Norushen
        • Players on Raid Finder difficulty with the Despair aura should no longer remain in the wrong phase when the fight ends.
      • Garrosh Hellscream
        • Removing the Touch of Y'Sharrj or Empowered Touch of Y'Shaarj debuff now also removes Weakened Blows, Mortal Wounds, and Master Poisoner effects from the player.

Timeless Isle
    • Fixed quest tracking issues that affected some of the quests on the Timeless Isle.

PvP Season 14 Begins
    Season 14 is live in the US and EU, so get to work on your Season 14 Armor Set! The new individual ladders are in place and updating.
    With sharpened blades and well-honed spells, the time to strike has come! Season 14 has begun, and the leaders of the Horde and the Alliance are once again looking for new champions to carry their factions’ banners to victory!

In PvP Season 14, you will no longer need to join or create an Arena team to compete, and thus the current Team Ratings will be removed. You’ll now be able to queue for an Arena match in groups of 2, 3, and 5 (in line with the Arena team sizes available in Season 13 and earlier), and your opponents will be selected based on the average Match Making Rating of your party. Personal ratings have been reset.

You can find a complete overview of the changes in our Patch 5.4 Arena Update blog.

Patch 5.4 Resilience Changes
    The increase in base Resilience in patch 5.4 is meant to counterbalance the fact that Resilience is no longer on gear (and thus does not increase as players gear up).

Prior to 5.3, players' survivability would naturally increase with gear. We didn't feel that that was creating an environment that would encourage undergeared players to continue playing, so in 5.3, we moved Resilience off of gear and increased base Resilience.

In Patch 5.4, we needed to do something similar. Since player power is still increasing as players collect more gear, we needed to once again increase base resilience to keep things from getting too out of hand. You'll still feel like your character is improving as you gear up, this just makes sure you don't improve to the point where you're able to kill someone before they have an opportunity to respond.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Conquest Vendors Temporarily Disabled
    We're still working on a fix for the Conquest cap so the Conquest vendors can be brought back. I'll keep /poking for info but don't have anything new to share. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Raid Finder Difficulty
    There are likely tweaks and fixes to be made here and there, but first week of any new LFR wing is like this as people learn the mechanics, and there are always threads like this.

I notice a number of people discussing about the difficulty of Norushen on Raid Finder. We're aware that the Look Within phase may currently be incorrectly selecting players; making the fight harder than it needs to be. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Legendary Meta Gems
    If you're referring to the meta-gems awarded by Wrathion from The Crown of Heaven they will continue to work as those gems don't have a Sha-Touched or Armament of the Thunder King requirement.

However, there was a change in 5.4 while using meta-gems outside of the intended specialization.

• Capacitive Primal Diamond, and Legendary melee cloaks (Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen, and Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen) now have a 40% reduced chance to activate its effects for characters that are in a tanking specialization.

Which was a very lazy change. Tanks should have wanted to use the tanking items because they were better than the DPS options, not because they DPS options don't work normally for tank specs.
    Good thing we also did this then.

• Indomitable Primal Diamond's effect now grants a 20% damage reduction to all damage taken (up from only physical damage), and its activation rate has been doubled.
    (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Proving Ground's NPC Party AI
    We've actually been making several adjustments to the AI of the NPC party members in the healing Proving Grounds via hotfix. I don't believe all of the changes have hit yet as I write this, but if all goes well, they should be applied within the next day or so. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the official hotfix blog for updates. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    How much data after a patch do you need before you see a balance issue or it a case by case basis?
    Case by case. For PvE, the first week has a lot of noise. Folks learning fights... overgeared heroic players gearing alts, etc. (Source)

is it frustrating how much emphasis people put on tiny stat/dps difference rather than play their class well/correctly?
    Very much so. If a spec swap nets you 2% dps and playing your chosen spec better nets you 20% dps, your priorities are off. (Source)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    There is no way you can buff destro SINGLE target damage without buffing CBolt, but CB is too burtsy in pvp. Solution
    We can make CB hit for less in PvP if necessary. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Hey GC, can you explain why Warriors are not allowed to transmog their 2h weapons to polearms?
    The intention was that they could. We'll investigate. (Source)

Character / Items
    Legendary cloak contribution to overall dps: 6-8% from personal experience. Do you think that is too much ? People are asking
    Is this for a specific spec or across the board? (Source)
    Also consider players likely are playing sub-optimally on bosses they haven't really learned yet, inflating cloak influence. (Source)

Folks, why do you - developers, keep making pve and pvp items with such a dramatic diff in ilvls? 522 vs 572(0\2) ?
    So that new / reroll PvP players can quickly get from quest greens to Honor items to Conquest items. (Source)

are timeless isle items with a single stat being weaker intentional? kinda frustrating using a burden and getting one.
    Unlike normal loot, we cheated on the splitting rules for those TI items. They aren't weaker, assuming you like that stat. (Source)

As I understand it, that's just how they work. More of a stat costs more. So 3x stats gets more total than 2x or 1x
    Typically items with more kinds of stats are more powerful, but not the case for the double stats on the TI randoms. (Source)

Raid Finder
    It's just, for some of us, raiding - normal or Flex - is not viable. LFR is all we've got. It doesn't make us inferior.
    *Totally* agree. On the other hand, we want to make the rewards for harder difficulties commensurate with their effort. (Source)

-esque whiners who complain they aren't special enough. Punishing LFR runners by delaying SoO's end by almost a month
    We have delayed the final wings of the previous incarnations of LFR. (Source)
    It's like this: we can't force LFR groups to wipe for a week before getting a new boss. So we just delay the later bosses. (Source)
    The alternative would be you blaze through all 14 on the first week of LFR and each individual boss doesn't even get noticed. (Source)

This Week Only - 50% Off Mists of Pandaria (EU)
    Pandaria needs you! Garrosh Hellscream’s rise to tyrannical power can’t go unchecked any longer, and heroes from both factions need your help to end his evil reign. If you haven’t upgraded to Mists of Pandaria yet, now’s the perfect time—because this week only, Mists of Pandaria is 50% off. Hurry, though—this sale ends September 25, 2013.

Warhammer Online Shutting Down
    If you think back to this day 5 years ago you may recall Warhammer Online launching to much excitement. Sadly things have come full circle, and a planned shutdown in December was announced today.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-09-19 at 05:40 AM.

That was not the correct Norushen fix to make, but whatever :|

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

You put Avast at leader of 10man when it's actually paragon. You linked Paragon as their link though.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Paragon is leading with 9/14 and Avast is still on 8/14. They are leading US 10m though. :>

Sad to see WAR go. It was a fun game, just didn't have the same draw as Warcraft.

I bought the collector's edition of WAR. It was a good enough game, but like a lot of games, it lacked the years of polish and features that WoW was already boasting by that point.

Ah man, WAR had some cool classes.

War is ending. Just like that senseless war in Azeroth, maybe we can now concentrate on the real threats of that universe, together.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2013-09-19 at 05:59 AM.

It shutting down because of world of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    It shutting down because of world of warcraft.
    WoW as the Warhammer-killer. How fitting.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

hahaha true.

But warhammer suffered from the high latency at launch, and the complete lack of coverage from EA. I dont think i ever saw a single trailer for the game after launch.

I played it when it released, even got a collectors edition, but the game was just so lack luster.

10+ Year Old Account
    now for lotr to die which im suprised it hasnt yet

Deleted
    Oh no... the WoW killer is dying!

Kinda amusing when you think back to the devs going 'Yea we'll totally kill WoW!' more or less.

Meh, spent almost 1 year in WAR since release, but EA didn't care about problems and some patches just ruined rvr... FU, EA!

Deleted
    sad to see war go, I have the original box sitting beside my desk all these years (with all my other games), I did play it for a while but never got into it
    maybe someone will resurrect it as a private server

Man, I remember when people said that WAR would be the end-all-be-all of WoW-killers. Funny how those things work out, even 8 years later.

In other news, it looks like Thok is proving to be a bit of a roadblock for quite a few guilds. Neat.

Another WoW-killer died. Good news. Maybe they finally realise to do something unique and not just reuse WoW's popular concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Kinda amusing when you think back to the devs going 'Yea we'll totally kill WoW!' more or less.
    An Age of Conan dev said ´ wow is like hamburger, AOC is steak´...

I will list warhammers issues

1. within 2 weeks, every server was faction imbalanced. The entire game was built around the two sides pushing against each other in the ´middle´ of the world. That never happened, not on any servers, and not even for the first month. Players rolled on dominate servers and steamrolled past what was supposed to be the meatiest areas. They expected city raids to not happen for months after launch, they were happening the first 3 weeks because players only created characters on servers that were dominate to that faction.

2. PVP endgame was instanced pve. (mainly because they weren´t ready at launch and expected to have more time. Imagine a game built around pvp, but when you invaded the enemy capital, which was supposed to be the ultimate achievement.. it was nothing but an instanced city without enemy players. Enemy players could avoid that instance completely and never actually see the enemy destroying their npcs.

Other than that, it was a fun an decent pve game. Classes were fun, races were fun.. questing was typical.. public quests were a neat idea and similar to what we see on timeless island ( think ale boss). But you can´t build your game around RvR and then let factions get so out of balance that there never is any viable pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

All I have to say about the tanking legendary gem is.. well, it is always up, well at least 85%... it is crazy good now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    That was not the correct Norushen fix to make, but whatever :|
    what do you mean? on LFR right now, you can do that fight and have 90% of your dps be unable to damage the boss.

Deleted
    The wow killers are mobas and console fps... That's how gaming is evolving.
    Wow will die when none wants to play mmorpgs anymore.