Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If Mythic/EA had actually taken it to a Free to play model instead of being giant asses about it "LOL we don't want to upset the people who pay a monthly fee and don't know how long it would last if we did go to a Free to Play model anyway" Yeah whatever. I really liked Warhammer Online when I played it, I just didn't have a fantastic machine at the time to enjoy much of it.

Never played WAR, but still a bit sad.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Had the most fun in pvp with Warhammer then any other mmo, also warhammer got the best lore for fantasy and sci-fi and deserves a amazing mmo, lets hope one will come.
    I wonder if we would ever get a MMO that is as successful as WoW with interesting and consistent lore while match WoW in gameplay. Face it, WoW's lore is a bad joke and is one of the few things keeping it from being the perfect MMO.

Deleted
    Played it,and i am not surprised its shutting down tb

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I wonder if we would ever get a MMO that is as successful as WoW with interesting and consistent lore while match WoW in gameplay.
    That would be a dream come true.
    Do you hear the voices too?

WAR is fantastic on paper but then you look at the crap we actually got and wonder what the hell happened...

The class designs are awesome i mean a melee healer is one of the best things i've played.. the Disciple of Khaine and Warrior Priests have almost been emulated i mean the WoW Monk is pretty close but melee healing just doesn't work all the time like it did with the 2 WAR classes

The Magus class still has some of the sweetest armor concept and designs i've seen ever in an MMO it just oozes bad ass

Such a shame it didn't turn out well because it pioneered alot of stuff you see in games today and they did them alright even for it

remember all the hype on when WOW was standing for Waiting on Warhammer and how it was going to destroy wow. well folks now we know how this wowkiller ended up. some would call Warhammer a fiasco from start to finish and most would not disagree with that.

Any old school players will remember when War was deemed the original wow-killer on the old wow forums. (of course we've seen many other games given that moniker over there over the years). Rip.

Deleted
    WHO dead, surprised it even took this long... Was a great game in the start but they never fixed the flaws and only added more....

I am expecting a similiar message from Rift, Aoc and Lotro before the end of next year (lotro is already near death after most of what was left of their players flocked to gw2 and rift-f2p).

Not Yet

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    now for lotr to die which im suprised it hasnt yet
    LOTRO is a long way from dying. It has a new expansion coming soon and is doing very well. It's a pretty good game and It's realms are still pretty active.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2013-09-20 at 01:14 AM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    LOTRO is a long way from dying. It has a new expansion coming soon and is doing very well. It's a pretty good game and It's realms are still pretty active.

It's an inch away from dying man.... sorry to burst your hope.....
    This is even from before the recent servermerge, stats are even worse now (huge plummet of activity after gw2 release and rift going f2p).
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2013-09-20 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post

It's an inch away from dying man.... sorry to burst your hope.....
    This is even from before the recent servermerge, stats are even worse now (huge plummet of activity after gw2 release and rift going f2p).
    I never heard of any server merge so I don't where you're getting that from. When I log in there is still more activity than there was before they started F2P. There certainly wouldn't be a huge new expansion with sweeping class changes about to launch if there was a chance of the game dying. From the activity I saw, GW2 had little to no impact.

That chart has to be bogus.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2013-09-20 at 06:19 AM.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics

Deleted
    It's not bogus, it's from a program that measures online people, here is another with more recent data.

Notice the massive drop in activity towards the end of 2012 at the GW2 release. The "expansion" that is coming is another farce, 10 more levels of garbage grindquests and no other pve content at launch except for dailies, just like it was with RoR. And they dare to charge 30 euros for that crap, plus dare to charge another 30 euros for some cosmetic addons.
    The "class balancing" that they are doing is going to cause another drop in activity, read the lotro forums (people generally are not skeptical but now it is a big pile of furious players).
    Turbine is just milking the last money out of a sinking ship, they are doing so ever since the game went "free to play", because face it, there is nothing free to play about lotro. When you are not premium that massive "buy more in the cash shop" popup is there, in your face, all the time at everything you do.
    Want to do more zones after lvl 20? Buy them in the cashshop, want to do an instance? buy it in the cashshop, want to do skirmish? guess what, shell out more money!
    They are even doing this to people that have been subscribed and paying for years. E.g. someone that has been playing lotro from the start and paid 4 years of sub before the game went F2P has to pay the same money to even unlock questing as a guy who just downloaded the game for free and never paid a penny before. That is what is killing lotro. The only people left there are either the few with a lifetime sub or the ones who are bored enough to grind for 50 hours to unlock one questzone for "free".

Well since I have always considered new leveling and questing content to be the best part of any game and never do the group content or raids in LOTRO, the expansion sounds good to me. I've been playing it off and on since 2008 and still am only at level 71 with my Hunter. I'm actually just starting the Isengard stuff and won't get to Rohan for a while so I'll wait to buy HD until it goes on sale like I've done with all the others. All the expansions have been good, especially MoM which was awesome. I enjoy seeing the story unfold like in the movies and books and that's why I play. I also get all the new festival mounts. LOTRO does the seasonal festivals much better than WoW does.

LOTRO is a fine game and the complainers on their forums don't rate any higher with me than the ones in WOW.

If you are a subscriber, and I am, you don't have to pay extra or grind anything to unlock anything except for expansions. And, I looked it up even though I knew I was right. There have been NO server merges in LOTRO.

Like the WOW whiners, you say LOTRO is dying because you obviously want it to. It is alive and well whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2013-09-20 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    Explains a lot that you haven't been in RoI yet.......
    MoM was a good expansion, this is when the game was still good.
    Go and play the RoI content and you will soon find out why players are flocking from lotro en masse, it is just 10 levels of "kill 20 orcs" quests, and when you killed the 20 orcs, you get a quest to kill 20 wolves, and then another quest to kill 20 more of the orcs you killed before, then you get a quest to kill the orc leader in the middle of those orcs, but ofcourse they all respawned so you have to kill all those orcs again (Think of Mirkwood but then even worse).
    That is the whole RoI expansion, at it's launch there where NO new dungeons at all, they just upped the Mirkwood dungeons to the new level cap... It took like 4-5 months before any new pve content came along.

If you are subscriber you do not pay additional cost for content, which is frankly exactly what i said >> there is nothing F2P about lotro, they mightve just as well called the "f2p"part a trial.

Deleted
    Not quite surprised about it