Thread: Is LFR dead ?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is LFR dead ?

I'm in a raiding guild (6/13 normal, 540 ilevel) and yesteray i decided to take a look at SoO LFR to get a few missing gear for my offspec... Oh boy i sure wasn't prepare !

Previous patch, good and casual raiders were still using LFR, especially on tuesday/wednesday, to get the legendary tokens or some tier gear. But why go now when you can do Flex instead ?

I was expecting a couple of wipes, the usual afkers and low dps. What i found was:

_ VERY low dps. On Sha of Pride, 2 people were above 100k. Most dps were at 60-70k WITH DETERMINATION*3 (+ 15% dps).

_ Wipe fest : we couldn't kill any boss without at least determination*5 buff and even then it took maybe 8 minutes each time (not sure but we could almost use hero twice)

_ Sub geared people : i saw people in this LFR with lots of 458, 463 blue gear. If Blizzard allow people to enter SoO, why should they go in MSV/ToT first?

So yeah, it really feel as if all the average raiders that help the group moving on weren't here anymore (i''m on a big server btw, and every evening /trade is full of "lfm flex") and the only left in lfr were the bad and the so casual that they can't do anything.
    Last edited by mmoc130c3465fa; 2013-09-19 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted
    I was thinking about doing LFR. But then I remembered how the bosses worked in normal and it made me realize that braindead people cant actually complete these fights. So I didnt.

what Zyphenz said

Deleted
    I did LFR yesterday, we did all bosses first try. They are damn easy that what they are. first boss, nothing. 2 boss, GOD many rangers did not stand in the bubbel, still no one died, 3 boss, we where confused that the orbs did not spwn(since it random teleport people inside) but still first try. And then last boss, we where close to wipe ones, since like 10 people hit the 25 pridem ark and almost blew up the raid, but beside that, nothing. They are damn easy, and you where just unlucky, the damge was not insane, so i find it to be a easy one to do

Couldn't the low dps, and ultimately the wiping, be due to the low gear level?

LFR has always been awful. My guess is that you just got an exceptionally awful group.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best time to do LFR is at the start of the week, when it's been freshly reset. Most the good players do it straight away. Well that's what I've noticed, we one-shotted every boss in LFR when I did it 1-2 days after opening of LFR for Siege.

The longer you wait from Tuesday, the harder it's going to be for you. First thing after servers came up, I joined an LFR and we rolled through in about 30 minutes.

It's still running, but the queue times are rather long. Most normal/heroic raiders are progressing through siege and the gear is 528 so most won't bother running it (maybe trinkets/tier/character swaps/rerolls). Some of my groups get the boss within 1-2 attempts, but most seem to need a 3 stack or higher to get a kill. Tanks leaving every boss and afking trash/pulling slowly and generally ignoring mechanics. It is also the first week so it is yet to be seen how it plays out. I've 2 healed some flex groups with 18-22 players and it felt about the same as LFR, just with slightly better players (most were carried). The Timeless Isle alone will allow anyone to enter LFR in less than a day, so be prepared for tons of awful. Random convenient matchmaking with low accountability? Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed. The specifics you provided in the OP are accurate. Your question is self answered, people are just sitting on gear they found from the isle or previous VP gear now obtained with JP. I am 1/14 hc for reference and don't expect to run LFR outside of alts.

edit: Simply what the other posters said, you have a much higher chance of a "decent" group earlier in the week, but most are in reg/heroic currently.
    Stay salty my friends.

Same like whole MoP imo, ppl still doing horrible dps.

Deleted
    Cleared 1st boss in 1st attempt, 2nd boss took 2 attemps, 3rd boss took 2 attempts and 4th boss 1 shoteed.

Was pretty simple and smooth for me tbh

Deleted
    Maybe yes... But i'm really not sure i want to gamble about this anymore ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I did LFR yesterday with three other guildies and we 1-shot everything because we, with normal experience, took charge and lead the regular LFR sorts.

Edit: we were one tank, one DPS and two healers, though.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Wait you got into a group and did attempts on bosses? Seems preety lively for something you call "dead", doesn't it.

But i do agree; it is preety annoying to have people cheat the system and underperform like that.

I'm attempting it as I type this in hopes of the chest token off the fourth boss. My guild has downed the first 4 bosses on normal and flex. Nothing crazy by any means, but at least we're progressing a little. So far, this is beyond painful. The dps is very low and it just isn't working out well at all. Of course, this is only one attempt. The next could go very smooth. Roll the dice. lol

What we see happening here is, the players that usually were there to carry the LFR raider through have no more actual benefit from doing so. Gear isn't needed for them with Flex offering better item level in a controled environment, and even that's just for spare set pieces at most since active raiders are likely decked out in multiple specs. Valor can be grinded faster through HC Scenarios. Basically, LFR gets reduced to better players carrying the worse ones for them, and at this point it's nothing more than a waste of time and nerves.

And so, the better players stray away from LFR. Gratulations LFR raider, you're getting ever close to what you wanted - a raiding mode just for you alone! Wait what you wipe? Can't beat enrage timers? Can't get past mechanics that weren't even relevant when you were carried? You're actually required to know a boss? How on earth could that happen... ?
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    And so, the better players stray away from LFR. Gratulations LFR raider, you're getting ever close to what you wanted - a raiding mode just for you alone! Wait what you wipe? Can't beat enrage timers? Can't get past mechanics that weren't even relevant when you were carried? You're actually required to know a boss? How on earth could that happen... ?
    I was thinking just the same thing. And I would like to sign this. Congratulations, you have won. There is your LFR, hope you enjoy it without any stinking progression raiders ruining your experience.

Nope. Did a bunch of them yesterday including SoO, and I generally had good groups. Most people over 100k, no one standing in stupid things they shouldn't be standing in. I think the only boss I didn't get to kill on the first try yesterday was the Norushen fight, and even that one went down the second attempt. You just gotta be lucky enough to not get bad groups. I find it helps to do them on Tuesday as that's when most of the people who also raid normal/heroic seem to do LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    Cleared 1st boss in 1st attempt, 2nd boss took 2 attemps, 3rd boss took 2 attempts and 4th boss 1 shoteed.
    1st boss 2 attempts, 2nd boss 2 attempts, 3rd boss took 5 and 4th took 3. This group wasnt awful in that they worked out the mechanics after the 1st wipe. However the DPS was so low the whole run took hours.

Out of curiosity what kind of queues are DPS looking at these days?

Deleted
    I think you just had a bad raid, which happens quite often. My first run was easy too, the second was done with two wipes at all, the third was....don't talk about that