Enhance - EB Sims Highest DPS - SoO Viable?

Hello,

I've bounced between PE/EM and UF/EotE during our progression for 5.3 - After a certain amount of gear or depending on the boss I'll switch and reforge/gem accordingly...

Running SimC on my current gear, it is showing EotE/EBl to be a 3k DPS increase. Also EB coming in as #2 in damage output.

Does any Enhancer here have exp running that build? I know Sims are not reflective of movement so my question is for this raid would the amount of missed opportunities to EB due to movement be an actual DPS loss from my current UF/EotE?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All talents this tier are very very close and it really comes down to personal preference. UF does take a bit of a lead with 2PC but otherwise you can really pick whatever you feel comfortable playing.

I tried EB out, I dislike the way it plays. Im not a fan of the hardcasting and it makes you realise how big a change LB on the move was. You may enjoy it. If EB is such a small improvement, I doubt you would see that transfer over to raids.

I'll probably stay with UF for QoL -- It does seem like a giant PITA to have to stop and hard cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we (enhance only) could EB on the move I think it would be a fun, slightly more dynamic, playstyle than either PE or UF, but having to hardcast it and not being able to move like with LB or Slam for Warriors makes it too unwieldy for me for anything but a patchy type fight. I don't at all mind having to hardcast some LBs, but a stationary spell like EB is too much for me. Despite the nerf to our overall dps (at least in t15) I am very glad they took the time to balance the dps talents a bit better than last tier.
    "Brevity is...wit"

For me, unless:

1. You can time and pool your MW stacks just right, so that your EB casts are not hardcasts (but you also don't go waste MW procs), unless SWG is up, OR
    2. You get to stand still for an extended period of time...

...then EB is just not doing it for me. On movement fights, it fails. On Thok (interrupts), it's unfriendly. I consider it a good example of theorycraft losing to actual practical gameplay.

Here's the quickfix, boost the damage slightly via an attack power coefficient, and make it replace lightning bolt, problem solved, its no longer this clunky monstrosity. My guild is in progression mode atm, and I dont have the flexibility to test this out in a competitive raid setting to see how effectively I can personally use it. We should be switching talents around for each fight prior to AoC, and I don't see myself using EB anytime soon, sims or not!

good luck to anyone who does!

Lol at all the clueless people, its not clunky at all even without the t15 2p, its just not as LOLeasy putting another ability in your rotation than it is making a CD you already have stronger or an ability you already have stronger.

MWs are hardly so low that its cast is noticeable... not to mention 800k (Echo proc) 700k crits with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    For me, unless:

1. You can time and pool your MW stacks just right, so that your EB casts are not hardcasts (but you also don't go waste MW procs), unless SWG is up, OR
    2. You get to stand still for an extended period of time...

...then EB is just not doing it for me. On movement fights, it fails. On Thok (interrupts), it's unfriendly. I consider it a good example of theorycraft losing to actual practical gameplay.
    funny because im pretty sure enh shamans also have access to spiritwalkers grace and I hardly have the cast over 1second anyways so moving and stopping for half asecond to get the EB doesn't seem hard at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noone said anything about clunky. Having to stop and hardcast then move again is not everyones idea of fun gameplay in a tier that is already very anti melee with how much movement there is, it is an issue.

Spirit Walkers Grace is a 2 minute cooldown. T15 2pc isnt going to last you the entire tier and do you really want to bank MW stacks?

Oooo aaaaah I got a big crit? Big deal, hes talking about PVE not PVP. The top talents are extremely close, noone is going to (or should) look down their nose on someone for using UF over EB.

But hey, we are all clueless *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Noone said anything about clunky. Having to stop and hardcast then move again is not everyones idea of fun gameplay in a tier that is already very anti melee with how much movement there is, it is an issue.

Spirit Walkers Grace is a 2 minute cooldown. T15 2pc isnt going to last you the entire tier and do you really want to bank MW stacks?

Oooo aaaaah I got a big crit? Big deal, hes talking about PVE not PVP. The top talents are extremely close, noone is going to (or should) look down their nose on someone for using UF over EB.

But hey, we are all clueless *sigh*
    Look right above me, they say its a "clunky monstrosity" or can u not read?
    Spirit walkers grace is a 2min CD yea, and on heavy movement fights you don't have to move during every EB, I said MW are easy to obtain even without the 2p t15. The cast time with like 2stack of mw is under 1second anyways, faster than Lightning bolt with a 3stack. Im also talking about pve not pvp lol. Nobody said they would look down on people not using EB, I said they were clueless because they are complaining its always hardcast but its such a fast cast literally 90% of the time you don't even notice it since 2stack is under a second long lol and if u cry about EB hardcast being under a second you shouldn't be playing an enh since to be good you have to cast Lighting bolt at 3stacks which as I said is a longer cast than 2stack EB anyways.

L2read pay attention to what people say.
    Last edited by Koreche; 2013-09-21 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The big difference between LB being a hardcast and EB being a hardcast is LB you can cast while moving. Its apples and oranges. Noone really complains about hardcasting LB because there is so many chances to do it with little to no detriment to your DPS.

Also, try to act a little less of a tosser.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    Look right above me, they say its a "clunky monstrosity" or can u not read?
    Spirit walkers grace is a 2min CD yea, and on heavy movement fights you don't have to move during every EB, I said MW are easy to obtain even without the 2p t15. The cast time with like 2stack of mw is under 1second anyways, faster than Lightning bolt with a 3stack. Im also talking about pve not pvp lol. Nobody said they would look down on people not using EB, I said they were clueless because they are complaining its always hardcast but its such a fast cast literally 90% of the time you don't even notice it since 2stack is under a second long lol and if u cry about EB hardcast being under a second you shouldn't be playing an enh since to be good you have to cast Lighting bolt at 3stacks which as I said is a longer cast than 2stack EB anyways.

L2read pay attention to what people say.
    I agree that using EB isn't that cluncky as a lot of people find it. Though, there are better ways to make clear you disagree with people without using words like "crying", "clueless" etc especially when people start with "i feel...", "for me personally",...

Try to be a bit more modest, you'll get more respect. If you can disagree in a respectful manner, people tend to put more value in your posts because atm you just look like a 16y old epeen kid bashing people with other opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    SimC is a notoriously unreliable sim program. While it can appear useful, in reality it's not very good at actually simulating game play under raid conditions.
    This is pretty useless feedback, tbh. SimC gives you an ideal baseline performance, typically for a Patchwerk-style fight. The player then uses their judgment to determine what adjustments need to be made for each specific fight. SimC is actively maintained and new mechanics from new gear/set bonus/etc. get baked in rather quickly.