Avast and mmo champion

I've been getting a few warnings when coming to mmo champ about avast blocking a malicious url or something.

URL: http://ad.turn.com/server/ads.js?pub
    Infection: HTML:Iframe-inf

And it says at the top "you just dodged a bullet" and "You may be wondering how you ended up with a virus"

Yet, Avasts virus scan, and malwarebytes picks up nothing. What is going on?

Most likely an annoying add for an antivirus.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    people still using avast o.O

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    people still using avast o.O
    What should I use?

Deleted
    I use Microsoft Security Essentials (along with Malware Bytes), but I can't speak for its quality vs Avast, having never used the latter. I think MSE + MWB its a pretty common combination though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    What should I use?
    If you have a bank account and are registered for online banking, most decent banks will offer you free anti-virus.

My bank gives me free Kaspersky and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    What should I use?
    Avast is fine.

Avast acts as a local proxy for most/all? internet connections for the system. Avast has an IP/URL blacklist for certain sites that are/have been attack sites much like how Firefox and Chrome will check Google's attack site URL list before loading. The weakness of these types of blacklists (both Avast and Google) is that sometimes they will be a false positive, triggering after the threat has passed because the list hasn't been updated.

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it continues to happen (eg. more than a week).

Thread moved to Suggestions and Feedback.

My take on it, is that you either encountered a spambots post that had not been deleted yet (I've had this occur), or your generated ads were on a blacklist.