# of galakras add waves?

Icy veins says there's 8 waves. Does that mean if you defeat all 8...nothing happens and no more adds spawn until you shoot Galakras?
    Or, the adds continue coming down forever until you shoot Galakras down?

Deleted
    Can't say my groups tested it. I'm not going to work it out in my head (i'd rather just take just as long explaining why im not going to work out the number of waves in my head). But after the 2nd demolisher for my group, I believe theres a tidal shaman+others wave, then two protodrakes, maybe another wave inbetween the tidal shaman and protodrakes i go up the tower so not that clued in. We could be shooting galakras a good 40 seconds before the protodrakes down but we just drag it out because it lets us clean stuff up and drakes just go down hard.

Never saw the enrage or had any indiciation that we were anywhere close to it. I should think you're group will be fine sitting around till the 2nd lot of protodrakes just to clean stuff up. If you struggle more than that I'm genuinely impressed you even made it that long as I would have thought dps would have failed to kill stuff yet lasted longer than the 2nd protodrake spawn

10+ Year Old Account
    They keep coming down until you shoot Galakras down. 8 waves is the amount you should aim for if you are going to kill him though, because we had the 9th wave once and I think it was like 2 shaman and a bonecrusher and shit got out of hand real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post
    We could be shooting galakras a good 40 seconds before the protodrakes down but we just drag it out because it lets us clean stuff up and drakes just go down hard.
    this is how we got our first kill. wait for the last protodrakes and shoot galak down when they're almost dead.

Quote Originally Posted by SpineCloud View Post
    Icy veins says there's 8 waves. Does that mean if you defeat all 8...nothing happens and no more adds spawn until you shoot Galakras?
    Or, the adds continue coming down forever until you shoot Galakras down?
    You get a 9th wave. One of our shooters DCed and 9th wave spawned. Double shaman and something else, can't really remember.

8 is the perfect wave to shoot him down at, minimal adds, and anything past 8 is just terrible.

I'm pretty sure the "eight" waves of Icy-veins are messed up, since I count less than 8 waves before the second mini-boss spawns but more than 8 waves if you're considering when you should actually pull the boss.
    But yeah, you should pull the boss by the end of the second protodrakes wave. After that, you start having waves with two shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    When we were mucking around in Flex Part 2 last night when it was time to bring down Galakras our two shooters kept having issues where their cannons were pointing to the ground and after killing an add wave or two the waves just stopped, and we were just jumping around waiting for them to figure their shit out for at least 30-40 seconds. I wasn't exactly counting waves but that gap indicates to me that there is a limit to the amount of waves that you can get.