Should we extend lockout?

Just this past weekend my guild cleared 9/14 with having a bit of trouble on Spoils of pandaria. According to Wowprogress, our average item lvl is 534. Is it even worth extending lockout to full clear or will we run into a brick wall due to gear?

No you should rekill for 9 bosses of extra loot. If you was ilvl 547. Then id concider it

Only playing casual in this game now. And damn it feels great.

this is the second week dude, don't extend anything... you NEED gear with that average ilvl... SoO aint going nowhere just farm what you can and progress during the next weeks, u'll hit garrosh in no time.

Deleted
    Reset it, if you're having problems on Spoils and your ILvL is that low, you probably won't kill Thok/Siegecrafter/Paragons, and certainly not Garrosh. The first half of the raid is extremely easy, might as well go back and pick up some free 553 gear and tier tokens

Deleted
    I propose to do something we have done this week. Keep one guy that will keep his raid id saved till the boss you have killed, and rest him (someone well geared perhaps) and then re-do the bosses, with target to reach 9th within a day (its do-able). Then devote the other days, in progress after this boss or if the day goes wrong, put the guy with the saved it inside, and use him to go further.

Just an idea though, best of luck in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should never lockout unless you vastly outgear the content, or you're running out of time on a progression boss that you've been working on for several weeks. This is the second week and if you're 9/14, then you're obviously not in the running for World/Realm first, so there's no point in locking out.

Basically the further you are into the raid, the less likely it is to be worth locking out. With 9 bosses you'd be missing out of 18 pieces of loot plus potential coin drops. I wouldn't even lockout of normals, and I probably wouldn't even lock out on heroics until at least 3 or 4 months into the tier.

Spoils is a joke compared to the other upcoming encounters - It depends really what your struggling with on spoils, if mechanics then gear won't help/solve that, but if it's just lack of heal/dps req then reset to get more gear. I have a feeling it's just mechanic like the matter swap crap - practice will eventually solve that though, but with such low ilvl i believe you will struggle on Thok / Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Spoils is a joke compared to the other upcoming encounters - It depends really what your struggling with on spoils, if mechanics then gear won't help/solve that, but if it's just lack of heal/dps req then reset to get more gear. I have a feeling it's just mechanic like the matter swap crap - practice will eventually solve that though, but with such low ilvl i believe you will struggle on Thok / Garrosh.
    Very true, after spoils it get harder... If ur getting in trouble with spoils you might as well just get more gear and not extend lockout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Very true, after spoils it get harder... If ur getting in trouble with spoils you might as well just get more gear and not extend lockout.
    100% agree with this. There is a very well designed difficulty curve in this raid. The last 4 bosses are harder than spoils. I wouldn't bother extending. Get the loot and run with it.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Spoils is only hard if your designated players are total pussies with the opening speed of boxes, really the tanks don't take much damage in that fight. It's the DPS that usually wipe it by not doing their job correctly(not sitting in Anima red lights, don't move from shit).

The designated Box openers need to be aggressive with opening them, THERE MUST NOT BE ANY DOWNTIME, always be DPSing something on that fight. That's how you beat the enrage on that boss.

Never extend lockouts unless you don't need gear anymore from previous bosses.......So no to your question : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Never extend raid lockouts unless your entire raid is almost best in slot. An additional week's worth of loot will always out-weigh the benefits of a lockout extension, unless of-course you are extremely close to killing the last boss of a tier and you are 100% sure you will beat your competition by extending (i.e. realm first, top 20 US, etc).
    Last edited by Muk; 2013-09-29 at 11:09 AM.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Blackfuse is only hard on paper. He only looks complicated, when in actuality everyone in the raid only has to deal with a small subset of his abilities at a time. Just decide on who gets to go on the conveyor belt and decide which weapons to dispose of and everything falls into place; just about everything Blackfuse does is telegraphed.

He makes more sense in practice than Spoils does, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Blackfuse is only hard on paper. He only looks complicated, when in actuality everyone in the raid only has to deal with a small subset of his abilities at a time. Just decide on who gets to go on the conveyor belt and decide which weapons to dispose of and everything falls into place; just about everything Blackfuse does is telegraphed.

He makes more sense in practice than Spoils does, at any rate.
    Eh, spoils took us less wipes than Blackfuse did. They're both pretty simple fights, though.

Either way, OP, do not reset. You clearly need gear.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Eh, spoils took us less wipes than Blackfuse did. They're both pretty simple fights, though.

Either way, OP, do not reset. You clearly need gear.
    They need gear and the latest boss drop tier, blackfuse and klaxxi are not gear check, but if OP raid can clear the first 2 wings in 1 day i dont see the point of extending the save.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Spoils is only hard if your designated players are total pussies with the opening speed of boxes, really the tanks don't take much damage in that fight. It's the DPS that usually wipe it by not doing their job correctly(not sitting in Anima red lights, don't move from shit).

The designated Box openers need to be aggressive with opening them, THERE MUST NOT BE ANY DOWNTIME, always be DPSing something on that fight. That's how you beat the enrage on that boss.
    True . Healer had to spam the rest of the group more than he had to heal me . It's mostly a dps fight ergo it's more of a gear fight than it's a skill fight . So just go farm again .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    They need gear and the latest boss drop tier, blackfuse and klaxxi are not gear check, but if OP raid can clear the first 2 wings in 1 day i dont see the point of extending the save.
    9 bosses worth of gear (including 2 tier drop bosses) > spoils/thok/blackfuse/klaxxi, assuming that they can even get thok or blackfuse down.

Deleted
    Should definitely go for a reset, no doubt about it. At your gear levels, you should definitely consider resetting every week, ESPECIALLY if you're at 13/14 at some point. I wouldn't recommend any group not resetting unless they were at almost full 553 (+ upgrades) so they'd benefit more from farming 2-3 heroic bosses every week than 13-14 normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Just this past weekend my guild cleared 9/14 with having a bit of trouble on Spoils of pandaria. According to Wowprogress, our average item lvl is 534. Is it even worth extending lockout to full clear or will we run into a brick wall due to gear?
    you have already recieved a lot of good advice NOT to lock out. every boss that you complete on "farm" is more power to bring to bare on the following non farm bosses. if you killed them once you can kill them again and the goal should be to do so more perfectly sans wipes. if you killed them with one tank left standing then the answer becomes even more obvious that the raid needs practice.

either way every boss you kill in a week is valor for your raiders, practice for your raiders, gear for your raiders, disenchanted items towards your repair fund.

your goal should be to repeat farm bosses in as little time as possible, such as a fraction of your first raid night, followed by a good plan to work on progression bosses the remainder of that night into follow on nights.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP