Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone else feel cheated as a boomkin

Is it just me, or did the starsurge nerf hit us very hard and the 10% buff isn't really enough?

Other classes kind of stayed the same or got buffed so they've gone ahead in meters by a damn lot (Shadow priests mainly).

Deleted
    I was shocked when I saw that our boomie had his bloody moonfire/sunfire atop of starsurge last night on fallen protectors H, it's not really fair & boomies don't seem to be in a good place right now - they should shine the same way afflilocks currently do on multitarget fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkins are in a great place right now.. if your boomkin isn't close tot he top either your or your friend is playing it poorly.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Boomkins are in a great place right now.. if your boomkin isn't close tot he top either your or your friend is playing it poorly.
    Do you have any evidence to back this up? Because boomkin got straight up nerfed, HARD with nothing to balance it out. Hell, our 4 piece is designed to counter the nerf to SS. What kind of stupid crap is that?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Do you have any evidence to back this up? Because boomkin got straight up nerfed, HARD with nothing to balance it out. Hell, our 4 piece is designed to counter the nerf to SS. What kind of stupid crap is that?
    If you are having issues with Balance it isn't necessarily the spec. My numbers have shot up, i went from the middle of the pack to the top on almost every fight, minus say Thok cause bad rng with kiting. Inc/Doc helps balance out the SS nerf for us, and if you play it correctly you can do just as much, on paragons I was bursting to 800k and maintaining about 300k+ for the first few minutes.

I'm finding that doc easily makes up for the ss nerf in total damage but the damage is more spread since it is in the dots instead of starsurge.

Thing I'm finding odd is drastic variations in performance on the same fights. Still learning fights, which plays a factor, but I have had attempts with top dps for my group and then on t next atttempt at the same boss with the same talents I see a huge decrease. My performance seems much less consistent than it was in 5.2/5.3. This seems true for both single and multi target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by alemap View Post
    I'm finding that doc easily makes up for the ss nerf in total damage but the damage is more spread since it is in the dots instead of starsurge.

Thing I'm finding odd is drastic variations in performance on the same fights. Still learning fights, which plays a factor, but I have had attempts with top dps for my group and then on t next atttempt at the same boss with the same talents I see a huge decrease. My performance seems much less consistent than it was in 5.2/5.3. This seems true for both single and multi target fights.
    I swapped to DoC and I am seeing a slight improvement in DPS but I honestly hate the mechanic. It's basically forcing us to cast a heal prior to entering any eclipse. It's just...dumb. Why should a DPS class need to cast a heal to buff their DPS.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I have to agree, I only boom as an offspec but DoC just totally feels blech to me for some reason. Maybe i just need to practice with it more or something, but for now still mostly sticking with HoTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Izeth View Post
    I was shocked when I saw that our boomie had his bloody moonfire/sunfire atop of starsurge last night on fallen protectors H, it's not really fair & boomies don't seem to be in a good place right now - they should shine the same way afflilocks currently do on multitarget fights.
    If we consider that Fallen Protectors is a multi target fight, then he is likely multi dotting multiple targets (as he should) so why would you not expect his DoTs to be top damage? I feel that boomkins are doing fine and are up there with warlocks, shadow priests, etc from my personal experiences in 10m.

My dps increased. On my guild's heroic protectors kill (and on progression wipes), my opener peaked at 1.3 million dps. I've never done that before, and my ilevel has hardly changed since last tier. Discounting new mechanics, I'm also sustaining much higher dps compared with last tier's protector-like fight.

The shooting stars nerf doesn't really hurt us that much in 2 target fights. A lot of the procs we would be getting, if the nerf didn't exist, would be wasted.

Maybe the nerf just hurts a lot more at lower ilevels.

Overall I'm much more satisfied with where boomies sit this tier. The buffs completely counter the SS nerf. I love having FoN, dps feels much more like how it was in Cata, pretty consistant throughout a fight, rather than being bursty around CDs. DoC is like having a CD every eclipse state, also a nice change.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2013-09-19 at 04:37 PM.

I got so used to FoN/HotW on ToT even on multi-target fights that I didn't bother switching to InC/DoC yet and yeah I feel nerfed to the ground on multi dotting fights compared to before. Sometimes I don't even bother multidotting and just need nuking the main targed. Really hoping this will get better when I start to use InC/DoC.

Using DoC is an acquired taste for sure, but as a whole I don't feel -that- nerfed. I mean when I bring straight comparisons to our rogue, by Cenarius! I feel terrible. As a whole though, multi-target fights we are strong on and our single target isn't complete junk. The only real fight I would say goes against boomkins would be immerseus just because it's intermittent bursts of damage.. then again I prefer HT'ing adds and rooting dps ones for later.. so Im doing less actual damage.

Deleted
    I feel stronger than prepatch, and DoC kinda makes up for the multi-target nerf, although it's a pain to play with.

I'm having a hard time understanding where people are encountering all of these "problems"... I hardly even feel the Shooting Stars nerf, and I just use it as an excuse to try to do a little better anyway. If you take the time to learn when/how to use the new stuff (mainly DoC), you might surprise yourself with the results. Aside from still being a little miffed about losing our passive damage reduction, I'm incredibly happy with where we're at.

I ran into trouble on fights like Galakras and Garrosh. I wasn't sure if I should Hurricane or DoT. Either way Natures grace ran out and I was stuck in the middle of an eclipse painfully making my way to the next one. What's everyone else been doing in those situations? It feels super clunky no matter which way.

Moonkin is more than fine.

If you were really well geared from ToT (HC-BiS Geared) you didnt really notice any kind of nerf.

The only ppl who were affected by the nerf were the lower geared ones (520/530 and below), have fun with CMs as Moonkin right now

Im a iLevel 520-525 ToT normal geared Moonkin and my DPS dropped by 20k-30k at multidot encounters.

Moonkin is supposed to scale exceptionally well in BiS Gear but they balanced it quite bad around lower iLevels.

I find Balance Druids fine, though at first when I heard this nerf I was out-raged, though being 2 weeks into 5.4, I honestly don't see much of a change. In fact, I would say my dps has increased by a bit. As long as you know how to maximise your dps on the boss via the use of talents/CD's etc you'll be fine. It'll just take some time to get used to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daerellin View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding where people are encountering all of these "problems"... I hardly even feel the Shooting Stars nerf, and I just use it as an excuse to try to do a little better anyway. If you take the time to learn when/how to use the new stuff (mainly DoC), you might surprise yourself with the results. Aside from still being a little miffed about losing our passive damage reduction, I'm incredibly happy with where we're at.
    While people seem to be exaggerating how "horrible" the nerf was, saying you can't feel the difference in shooting stars procs is just delusional. The amount of procs you get in multidotting situations is clearly way lower than in 5.3.

But yes, with the 10% buff, the new DoC, higher future item level and 4set we'll be fine. Sky isn't falling.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I swapped to DoC and I am seeing a slight improvement in DPS but I honestly hate the mechanic. It's basically forcing us to cast a heal prior to entering any eclipse. It's just...dumb. Why should a DPS class need to cast a heal to buff their DPS.
    FYI druids are a Hybrid class and your specc is moonkin DPS. Other then that i have seen no real issues with our boomkin while doing SoO she is still up high as usual. so i have to agree with people here.
    If you are going very low its more about being abel to cope with the change or something else. but not the class spec itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.