Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mage Arcane BiS Trinkets

Sawp.

Currently sitting on N Kardris' Toxic Totem & N Purified Bindings of Immerseus.
    I'm suspecting that Kardris trinket may not be that good compared to H Wuulay or H Hydra trinkets from ToT.
    Reason being that out of 44m damage dealt, Kardris dealt 1.5m from the Multistrike proc.

What are your opinions on the trinkets from SoO compared to ToT?
    Which ones would be the optimal to use?

It's a very good trinket, last night the mage in my group who has that trinket had 11mil damage from it on galakras just from the damage. That is free damage ON TOP OF the 18% uptime he had on the 12.6k int proc. That is a A LOT of dps. While the damage may seem kind of bland from that one testing you did, I have seen multiple cases where it is very strong, doing 4-5% of damage. You can't just look at the damage gained from the multistrike and say that's how good the trinket it either, it has a very strong int proc.

Deleted
    Tbh i dont know, But 1.5 mill is quite a lot, remember that the hit/haste from wush or hydra, has to add another 1.5 mill to your spells during a fight. on top of that the trinket proc is way stronger.

i really only came here to tell you, your one lucky SoB for getting both trinkets first 2 reset -.- We have seen 1 immerseus(from coin) and that is with every caster coining both normal and flex Immerseus. And no kardris, though we got 1 cleave. Oh did i say we have 2-3x melee with both their BiS warforged trinkets? ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    It's a very good trinket, last night the mage in my group who has that trinket had 11mil damage from it on galakras just from the damage. That is free damage ON TOP OF the 18% uptime he had on the 12.6k int proc. That is a A LOT of dps. While the damage may seem kind of bland from that one testing you did, I have seen multiple cases where it is very strong, doing 4-5% of damage. You can't just look at the damage gained from the multistrike and say that's how good the trinket it either, it has a very strong int proc.
    I suppose it can be beyond good if you're lucky. And yeah, the reason I kept it on was because of the high uptime on the proc, seeing Multistrike as a small bonus. But I'll keep it for the time being to see if it's pulling it's weight or not

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Tbh i dont know, But 1.5 mill is quite a lot, remember that the hit/haste from wush or hydra, has to add another 1.5 mill to your spells during a fight. on top of that the trinket proc is way stronger.

i really only came here to tell you, your one lucky SoB for getting both trinkets first 2 reset -.- We have seen 1 immerseus(from coin) and that is with every caster coining both normal and flex Immerseus. And no kardris, though we got 1 cleave. Oh did i say we have 2-3x melee with both their BiS warforged trinkets? ><
    Yeah, as I said above I will probably use it until I manage to get my hand on the Garrosh one. I might change it at that point, or I might not. I'll wait and see, seeing as I actually have to get the Garrosh trinket first, heh.

And yeah, I've been insanely lucky with drops. I've gotten 7 items so far..
    No tier, though. Out hunter for 4 set already, seeing as he's the only one that can use that tier token, and of course that one drops almost every time.

Deleted
    Zatetic posted this picture in another thread regarding mage trinkets. Credit goes to Cycobi apparently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Zatetic posted this picture in another thread regarding mage trinkets. Credit goes to Cycobi apparently.

Well then. Managed to get (simulated) BiS trinkets in two resets.

I've been unlucky with trinkets (and coins in general - 5 coins, 5 lots of gold) so far. I'm curious, if the multistrike trinket procs on an arcane barrage that splits to 5 targets, do each 5 targets take 33% of their respective barrage hit? Because that is monster cleave if it does.

Is there a fire version of this chart?!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somaa View Post
    Is there a fire version of this chart?!?
    I'm not sure, if there is, I couldn't find it. But I suspect that it's generally the same (i.e. Purified Bindings of Immerseus and Kardris Toxic Totem being BiS).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    I've been unlucky with trinkets (and coins in general - 5 coins, 5 lots of gold) so far. I'm curious, if the multistrike trinket procs on an arcane barrage that splits to 5 targets, do each 5 targets take 33% of their respective barrage hit? Because that is monster cleave if it does.
    I've been wondering about that too. My guess though is that each Arcane Barrage that goes of will have its own separate proc chance, rather than a proc chance for that "one" Arcane Barrage to proc Multistrike and therefore all of them doing so.

I'm not sure, if there is, I couldn't find it. But I suspect that it's generally the same (i.e. Purified Bindings of Immerseus and Kardris Toxic Totem being BiS).
    It could be black blood. Reforge haste -> crit.

I'm not sure though and there isnt a fire list that I've seen. I abandoned fire as soon as I could. Horrible spec. RIP 4.3 fire

Deleted
    It could be black blood. Reforge haste -> crit.

I'm not sure though and there isnt a fire list that I've seen. I abandoned fire as soon as I could. Horrible spec. RIP 4.3 fire
    That's true about Black Blood. I also think Toxic Totem is kind of situational anyway.

I agree that Fire is absolutely horrible right now, not just for damage (I believe it actually catches up with HC gear, Vykina said something about it I think.) but just how stupid the gameplay is. It's always been about getting a huge Combustion, which wasn't very fun to begin with because of RNG, but now "huge" Combustions are still so little damage.

That's true about Black Blood. I also think Toxic Totem is kind of situational anyway.

I agree that Fire is absolutely horrible right now, not just for damage (I believe it actually catches up with HC gear, Vykina said something about it I think.) but just how stupid the gameplay is. It's always been about getting a huge Combustion, which wasn't very fun to begin with because of RNG, but now "huge" Combustions are still so little damage.
    I think toxic totem only pulls in front because the int proc is static where as black blood is accumulative so you get very little time with 10 stacks (20k int). As far as multistrike vs 2k haste goes they are about as average as each other. multistrike probably a bit in front due to the possibility of it proccing on something big.

edit: for fire an incredibly large % of damage done is pyroblast so if I had to guess I'd say toxic totem is better than black blood for this reason.

Deleted
    I think toxic totem only pulls in front because the int proc is static where as black blood is accumulative so you get very little time with 10 stacks (20k int). As far as multistrike vs 2k haste goes they are about as average as each other. multistrike probably a bit in front due to the possibility of it proccing on something big.

edit: for fire an incredibly large % of damage done is pyroblast so if I had to guess I'd say toxic totem is better than black blood for this reason.
    I'm not too sure how I feel about these kind of trinkets though, such as Toxic Totem and Frenzied Crystal of Rage (which is "meh" anyway except on maybe huge aoe fights with lots of luck). I prefer raw stats over something like such procs.

I'm not too sure how I feel about these kind of trinkets though, such as Toxic Totem and Frenzied Crystal of Rage (which is "meh" anyway except on maybe huge aoe fights with lots of luck). I prefer raw stats over something like such procs.
    I passed on the crystal. It is probably alright on Galakras p1 but apart from that, totally useless for mages. Good for warlocks on garrosh though.

Deleted
    There isn't a SimDPS list for Fire yet for one good reason:

Sims for Fire have consistently been horribly inaccurate. The Arcane list is off my modified APL for Arcane so it's playing slightly more like a human would compared to before.

But I don't think Toxic Totem is BiS for Fire. Don't hold that as gospel but yeah, I wouldn't think it would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycobi SB View Post
    There isn't a SimDPS list for Fire yet for one good reason:

Sims for Fire have consistently been horribly inaccurate. The Arcane list is off my modified APL for Arcane so it's playing slightly more like a human would compared to before.

But I don't think Toxic Totem is BiS for Fire. Don't hold that as gospel but yeah, I wouldn't think it would be.
    I know Vykina has Black Blood on his BiS list, being able to reforge the haste off into crit is probably a big part of it.

Anyway, do you have your modified APL posted anywhere?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    I know Vykina has Black Blood on his BiS list, being able to reforge the haste off into crit is probably a big part of it.

Anyway, do you have your modified APL posted anywhere?
    'Fraid not. Will look into uploading it somewhere soon after progress is done

Quote Originally Posted by Cycobi SB View Post
    I agree due to the many DoTs it has. Immerseus Bindings works wonderful for it (would have been better without the nerf to Combust, but what are ya gonna do? *shrug*), and I'd imagine BB would work well too.

As for Arcane, Toxic Totem is amazing due to most of Arcane's events being huge, bursty, hits, with the second being... ... ... I'm not too sure actually, but I'd assume Immerseus Bindings due to Arcane's typically long(er) cast times (if you were to use a "Hastevocation*" build over a "Rune of Mastery**" build, I'd say Immerseus Bindings and Black Blood)

* My term that refers to the Arcane build using Invocation and Haste as its primary stat (i.e., the Cataclysm Burn phase)
    ** My term that refers to the 'typical' Arcane build using Rune of Power and Mastery as its primary stat (i.e., the Cataclysm Conserve phase)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I gave away N Kardris' Toxic Totem to another guildy. I want to cut myself now

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    I gave away N Kardris' Toxic Totem to another guildy. I want to cut myself now
    For Arcane/Frost? Why so masochistic?

Now if you're Fire, you're just being a sensible/nice guildie
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.