Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weaponmaster Glyph

As trivial as it may be is anyone a bit miffed at how this glyph turned out? Pretty much see no advantage for it over transmog for arms / TG.

As for SMF it is fun to be able to sheath any 1H weapon on your back however I find that going into combat just reverts weapons back to their original look, even bypassing the standard transmogrification.

As I said…yes. Very trivial just curious as to other people’s experiences / opinions on the way it works.

I use it, but only as arms with the same wep I have transmogged as it hides the enchant, better than nothing

I know it sounds dickish, but I really hope nobody uses this glyph, even using it just to fill an empty slot. It is terrible, buggy and brings nothing special to the class that transmog doesn't cover. Minus the very small utility of using it for fists or daggers, when it bothers to work.
    I know with 100% certainty that as soon as we ask about the glyph, we will get the normal response of "we are pretty happy with how it turned out and see many people using and enjoying it! We have many ways of seeing these things that normal players do not!" Or some bs.
    But I really hope nobody uses it and blizzard realizes they gave us a PoS. Give it more usefulness, let it turn our weapons into a random awesome looking weapon you can't normally xmog. Let it do legendarily, even not 100% uptime. Hell just let it xmog 1hr <-> 2hr again. But what they nerfed it to is just rediculous. I guess I can save 50 gold on transmogs? Gotta be kidding me Blizzard, you can do better than that!

Deleted
    buggy as hell
    after buff goess down it shows untransmogged weapons, only relog fixed it

I like this glyph for one reason: it lets me bladestorm about with the staff from Ahune since I can't transmog my axe to it.

I still haven't found anyone with it on my server, nor seen it for sale on the AH. Shame.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Does it not work with legendary weapons in bags?
    Bane

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, they fixed that in ptr
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

I don't transmog much, but I can see how the glyph is annoying... it doesn't seem any different than transmogging. Unless you like the idea of randomized weapons (and a bunch of wasted slots), it doesn't seem to be anything special. I'm much more happy with the Defensive Stance glyph, as I use it quite a lot when eating mechanics while staying on the boss.

From what Ghostcrawler said about them intending us to be able to transmog Polearms I imagine this glyph will become even more useless in the future. If they fix that then this glyph goes from allowing Arms warriors and TG warriors from being able to use the glyph to be able to use Polearms, to accomplishing almost exactly what transmog does. At that point it might only allow us to use Staves and Knives, which is an even smaller target audience than it is now.

Hopefully they'll realize this glyph is stupid and either pull back the restrictions so maybe Tanks can wield 2Hs, and SMF can use fist weapons, or they remove it in favor of expanding transmog rules a little more.

Its the most useless glyph super buggy and it gives us the ability to transmog. Fucking thanks Blizzard

Isnt the fun factor supposed to be the random weapon transmog it gives? If you keep multiple weapons in your bags?

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Isnt the fun factor supposed to be the random weapon transmog it gives? If you keep multiple weapons in your bags?
    I guess but they didn't think it through then. Who has bag space after all of these fun little toys we get in pandaria?
    Bane

The bit that annoys me is that

1. It often does the same thing over and over, I had my fishing rod 7 times in a row once, before it changed.
    2. It can't/will not transmog to the original appearance of the weapon
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I used it for a while with the MSV polearm but it was so buggy and kept showing my disgusting untransmogrified pvp weapon that i just took it off.

edit: apparently my brain decided to replace the word 'while' with 'big' x)
    Last edited by Sliske; 2013-09-29 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    I had about 60-80 weapons in my bags and it kept using a certain few. I don't know why it picked the ones it did, but it never picked any other weapon.

it only uses your primary bags weapons and even then it seems to favour the same 1 or 2 over the other 15-20 slots you have for that bag

10+ Year Old Account
    This glyph lets me sport Grand Marshal's Claymore without having gotten said rank in vanilla so I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    This glyph lets me sport Grand Marshal's Claymore without having gotten said rank in vanilla so I love it.
    Oh that's nasty ^^ If they fix transmog for polearms then only use of this glyph will be staves for 2h and daggers/fists for 1h.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Barbadiasz View Post
    buggy as hell
    after buff goess down it shows untransmogged weapons, only relog fixed it
    No, you only need to re-equip your weapon and that fixes it. It is annoying though