10+ Year Old Account

unable to complete version check - can't log in

Hi, I just purchased the game, downloaded the installer, I type in my ID and password, press login and get:

Unable to complete version check
    [30410][30607][20457][409]

Have uninstalled, re-installed... nothing works... tried googling, but none of the tips seem to work.
    Running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the errors in the event viewer saying?

Start -> Run -> eventvwr

Windows logs -> Application

Does it spit out errors with any other installation?

Are you updating with administrative rights?

Do you have a firewall up? Have you allowed FFXIV Launcher and Boot access?

You said it failed with multiple error codes - can you re-run the installation while you have the event viewer up, refresh the event viewer when the error gets thrown, and see how many and what the message under the General tab reads?
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Nothing in the event viewer with errors when I install. It's a fresh install. I uninstalled, checked the directory was empty, rebooted, ran ccleaner to rid any excess registry entries, rebooted, cleared event logs in windows - tried re-install
    2. No other apps are giving errors - never had issues
    3. Firewall disabled completely on last attempt.
    4. it doesn't give errors in the event viewer - i cleared the logs prior to last install - after I type in my ID and password and click "login" the launcher displays: CHECKING FINAL FANTASY XIV: A realm reborn and then the window with the error
    pops up.

- it's the FF14 launcher box that displays that info - windows displays nothing. It occurs after I click "login"
    5. this last time I ran the install with Admin rights as well as the update with Admin rights (Run as Adminstrator). made no difference.
    6. antivirus was switched off as well - it's just an AV, not a FW - but the Windows Firewall is off too.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-09-19 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than the standard "We're working on this" message they're giving, the only "solution" someone found is here at the very bottom of the page:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...0457-409/page3

but I'm unsure if that will actually fix the problem you're having.
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for your attempt at assistance, regardless. I think it's probably a win8 64bit issue as most users seem to have it.

win8 has .net framework built in, so that other fix won't work.

Win7 64 here and I can't get in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    Win7 64 here and I can't get in.
    Still the same thing here today. I also can't post on the thread because you need an in-game character to do so and I can't log into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    thanks for your attempt at assistance, regardless. I think it's probably a win8 64bit issue as most users seem to have it.

win8 has .net framework built in, so that other fix won't work.
    Ah, I admittedly have zero experience with Win8 other than the fifteen minutes I spent setting up a laptop for my mother-in-law. I did not like the experience. : /
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    theWocky

Run CCleaner or another browser cleaner of your choice. We've had FC mates run into similar issues and found the launch is utilizing .net and portions of IE. They had something pissing off the launcher in IE, maybe bad temp files who knows, and after cleaning it out their problem went away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    theWocky

Run CCleaner or another browser cleaner of your choice. We've had FC mates run into similar issues and found the launch is utilizing .net and portions of IE. They had something pissing off the launcher in IE, maybe bad temp files who knows, and after cleaning it out their problem went away.
    Yeah - done that already - see top.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so this is what I've done so far - I set up Hyper-V with Windows 7 -32bit pro and started installing the launcher.

Got to the launcher, typed in ID and then password... clicked "login"

On my Win8, it stops there with the error in my original post.

On the Win7 VM, Game asked if I wanted to allow game to proceed (User Access Control) - game is now downloading in the VM.

Going to cut/paste it to my win8 folder when done and see if it works.

At least I've determined it's my O/S or software setting and not an issue with my hardware, network, isp, etc.

I've just did a new PC upgrade 3 days ago, so a reload won't be a bad thing, I guess - was waiting for win 8.1, but... meh...

I will keep you guys posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so downloaded complete the VM - cut and pasted the ALL the folders (boot & game) over the existing folder and voila! the game button changed from "login" to "play" - I will now, hopefully have a stress-free weekend trying FF14!

I have the exact same problem and error message. I just bought the game not 3 hours ago and have become increasingly frustrated as i cannot fix the problem until i came across this post. I was hoping that you might be able to put up a .zip file with all the files you replaced so i might save myself some time and much trouble.