Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    It wasn't smite healing!

Seriously if you don't have a clue, don't try to make it sound like you have one!

I didn't over analyze the video, just from what I'm hearing it sounded like the priest was smite spamming while people died. Feel free to explain if you're wrong but when I keep hearing atonement and smite spam in the video, I'm assuming that's what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Haha, it's hilarious how wrong he is about Atonement. Shit was so OP in ToT, and still is. You would think their healing lead would have said something. I thought these guys are supposed to understand how all the classes work when they build their comp.

He did go overboard in my opinion. There's a difference between being strict and being a straight up asshole.

Hi Naha!
    Just gotta call ya out on this. He was asking why when someone was 18% the only heals they got were attonement heals. Any player worth ANYTHING would throw an actual heal on them if they were that low. and you shouldve known that

and then people wonder why ther are so many douchebags in lfr/pugs - example goes from above - people see those in hardcore guilds behaving liek this and think that by mimicink such retarded beahviour they will actually het anywhere with it - i understand that some people can be passionate about what they are doin but in some cases douchebags are simply douchebags no matter how awesome they are in game .

and ye ofc he was right about this atonement but there wasnt need to put it in way that 12 year old would argue -_- u canpoint it liek u did a,b,c wrong correct it or your out or something in adoult way -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-09-19 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say I'd be frustrated as fuck aswell if some random guy started yelling at me like that thinking I'm his bitch. But then again I noticed the priest's mistake quite soon aswell. Kind of logical you don't go and DPS the boss when there's heavy raid damage going on, right?

I get that if you're doing the kind of content Blood Legion does, you've got to be disciplined, and have your shit together.

I also get that any raid leader in that position (or any good RL period) has to call ppl out. It's part of the job.

But calling someone out is not the same as verbally berating them. Even if they are doing something stupid, all it really does is just waste time of the other participants by the two of you arguing. Nor does this type of behavior make the person on the receiving end want to try harder, or fix their mistake, it makes them want to say "fuck you" and leave the raid.

Call people out, yes. Definitely. But don't be a douche about it. If you're a "professional" guild. Then handle yourself a bit better.

Deleted
    Leaders like that seem terrible from the outside but when you're in a guild with one like that, everyone's been screamed at at one point or another, you don't take it personally and it doesn't bother you much.

10+ Year Old Account
    God this guy is AWESOME. When you are using HOLY FIRE and SMITE Its to build stacks for the Mana get back. THAT IS NOT HEALING ANYONE for 10 seconds. If this heroic..which I think it is..Seriously...*sigh* This priest is a dumbass.

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

I could never raid in a toxic environment as harsh as Blood Legion's.

I've raided at a high level for several tiers now, and I continue to play this game for two reasons -

A. I love the story lines and "epic" feel of seeing a new raid.
    B. I love my raid group.

That whole fight right there was utter nonsense. If I had a raid leader go off on another player that severely, I'd just quit on the spot. The funny aspects to that video are -

Why are they doing 10 man Heroic Primordius and Rigg having a fit over it? Two nights on Heroic Primordius with two warlocks? Ha... no comment on that.

Why is he upset with Holy Fire Atonement on the Warlock's Death Log? The Disc can stack up by hitting slimes (In particular the Black Ooze). Again...there's no enough information to judge if the Disc Priest was playing like crap - but wow the raid leader's reaction is disturbing. To be a good raid leader, you have to combine constructive criticism with inspiration and motivation; know the specs/classes that make up your raid - or at least have an Officer that can help fill you in so you don't make yourself look like a fool asking what Holy Fire does.

I really respect my raid leaders for that reason because they put in an effort to know their raiders classes enough to help guide the team to a successful raid. We aren't any of these top tier raids that go 8 hours + the first weeks for 5+ days a week, but we sure as hell put up a fight against them with our raid schedule.

I know most of you are trying to say, "Blame the raid leader for the nerd rage; not the guild" - but c'mon. Wouldn't you stand in the fire to help out a guild mate? That fight got way out of control and someone could have stepped in and made that whole fight die down with giving the raid leader clearer information about the healing being done and positive advice to that healer to prevent such an issue.

Deleted
    ROFL! Hes acting like a child who got abused in school, and acts hardass behind a screen. What a loser!

Deleted
    Wow... Instead of taking a look at the healing done by the priest at the time the Warlock died, he takes a look at the healing done caused by a damage over time spell? Yeah... He doesn't posses the most analytical skills.

And this is a casual 10man group? If you don't have the social skills to raid with randoms/casuals, you shouldn't be in a group with them. What a humongous moron this guy is. I can't believe some people are raiding 18 hours a day with him being leader. That alone is quite an amazing feat.

Yeahhhh, because no top guild leader EVER yells at people, no this just happened to be uploaded onto YouTube - This is not uncommon at all, maybe not to the same extent but u can damn well bet that there have been many other arguments like this in world top guilds, and even lesser ones.

I literally just made an account after lurking MMOchampion for years because I really feel I have to share this.

Look at this guy. Right off the rip he looks like he hasn't had a good shower in weeks. He also has a dog/animal thing on his head. (So Kawaii).
    Basically this guy hasn't known anything about a vagina in at least several years, if not his entire life. And he has the nerve to yell at this guy in the way that he was.

It's laughable honestly. Theres a difference between yelling at someone in a constructive manner, and raging at him like a complete basement virgin shut-in, and what happened here was the latter.

No amount of progress could make me want to deal with this oompa loompa, who even goes as far to mock the guy for the way he talks "Homie". Dude just shut up and go watch some anime.

Honestly, if this was Vanilla, TBC, or maybe even WOTLK, I could see the super competitive edge being mandatory, and people getting super tense and tempers flaring.... but dude this is MoP. Small infants are now eligible to raid in this game, and no one even cares about "cutting edge" anymore. Is this really necessary?
    Last edited by Stino; 2013-09-19 at 10:03 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malecesar View Post
    The situations is the following. Rigg got like 7 years of Marine experience, if you fuck up when you are down in the middle east, you are a gonner. You can not afford to do something wrong during those circumstances. Now, those 7 years of experience is still in his mind, so he is using the same attitude and discipline in the raids he is leading.

Fuck up irl and youre dead, fuck up ingame and you loose World First. Do any player in Blood legion play for world second or world third? No they don't they play for World First, as such Rigg as the raid leader can not allow any player to fuck up during his raids. Old habits die hard as they say.
    Well ... He ain't in the Marines no more. WoW isn't life and death. It seems he has trouble adjusting to civilian life. Creating such a hostile work environment is a great way to lose your best people IMHO.

>b-b-but atonement healing is g-good!

Prayer of healing does 2.5x more hps
    PW:S spam does 3x more hps
    A single cast of prayer of mending does 5x more healing if it bounces all times

If people are at risk of dying, atonements the last thing you should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Isn't there a point where self respect comes into play and you say, "Fuck this I'm out go fuck yourself" and leave?
    Isn't there a point where you shut your mouth, show some humility and admit you where wrong? It's clear not everyone in this thread agrees with his leadership style and that's perfectly understandable... but it doesn't mean it's wrong.

He starts out fairly in control and doesn't really go berzerk until the kid back talks repeatedly. Maybe people don't understand the entire context b/c they don't play priests but I do so allow me to shed some light onto the situation...

When a priest casts Smite or Holy Fire on a boss (those are offensive spells) they also heal a low raid member for a percentage of the damage done. Smite cast time is over a second and the healing it does is 50-60K or so. Best case scenario you're doing 40-50K HPS when you could be casting glyphed binding heal, Prayer of Healing, or blanketing the raid with Shields all of which will do over 100k HPS. The priest was CLEARLY doing it wrong and holding the group back. I don't see the problem with pointing out someones mistake when it's wasting 9 other peoples time. The shouting began purely due the priest refusing to admit his mistake (he was clearly sarcastic when saying "sorry it's been my fault this whole time") and back talking the raid leader.

Edit: Fluttershy beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Well ... He ain't in the Marines no more. WoW isn't life and death. It seems he has trouble adjusting to civilian life. Creating such a hostile work environment is a great way to lose your best people IMHO.
    None of the Blood Legion crew is required to be there. They've been going strong for over an expansion now so it would seem that his style is working, at least for the current roster they have.
    Last edited by Lefty12; 2013-09-19 at 10:01 PM.

I would love it if my current raid leader called out my poor play while wearing a silly hat like that.

Lmao

What a douchebag. The atonement heal was from the holy fire dot which lasts 7 seconds. He wasn't even smiting. It was from his holy fire he casted 7 seconds ago. He had to have been healing between that time.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2013-09-19 at 10:07 PM.

Deleted
    What a douchebag. Is this a game or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I like Rigg. Calling people out for shitty play should happen more (outside of LFR)
    If you're at that level, you should expect to be called out for causing a wipe.
    Holy Fire is an instant cast and doesn't interfere with healing. "Calling people out" when you have no idea what you are talking about is a bit foolish. Rigg's understanding of Disc healing seems to be on par with his fashion sense.

Quote Originally Posted by skillym View Post
    Holy Fire is an instant cast and doesn't interfere with healing. "Calling people out" when you have no idea what you are talking about is a bit foolish. Rigg's understanding of Disc healing seems to be on par with his fashion sense.
    You're mistaken. It costs a global, even assuming he was moving PW: Shield does more HPS.