Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dark Simulacrum and Seige

I'm curious, what fights/spells this tier does this spell work on? It didn't even occur to me to test it on anything in the last two weeks, but it would be nice to know if anything does work (besides the dark shaman frostbolt spell, which has already been reported to work).

This is from the 5.4 ptr change thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Galakras: Shaman Tidal Wave ( have to confirm)
    Dark Shaman: Kardis' Froststorm Bolt;
    Nazgrim: Arcweaver Arcane Shock
    Garrosh: Farseer Wolf Chain lightning

I don't really raid anymore so can't help expand it.

Also be a good thread to recommend when to ams soak
    Last edited by bals; 2013-09-19 at 10:12 PM.

Then the question becomes: are any of these worth stealing?

The Frostbolt is def worth taking specially as frost, the chain lightning for sure worth taking. Chain Lightning hits for 250kish on average for me and can crit so yeah it's really powerfull

For the tank solo battle on Norushen, you can dark sim Hurl Corruption. You may need to use AMS or another minor timer to survive he cast, however.

Someone on wowhead is reporting it can work with 'Hurl Corruption' from the Titanic Corruption in the Norushen encounter. That would definitely be worth taking, as it's ~400-450k dps when cast back and it can potentially be used in the normal/upstairs realm to deal with adds or to bean the boss for over 1million (since +25% for being fully cleansed). Edit: confirmed by scorned while I was afk after I typed this.

Tidal wave, if it can be copied, would probably be worth it on Galakras provided enough targets to hit, but it's not as definitively worth it as the other spells listed so far. I probably wouldn't bother with it or arcane shock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus Pullo View Post
    Then the question becomes: are any of these worth stealing?
    Froststorm Bolt does around 750k normal damage and can crit for 1.5 million. Seems to scale with Frost mastery(has to be confirmed).
    So definitely worth it. By coincidence I used dark sim and 1 usage did 1,9% of my damage, it was a crit for 1,459,828.

Tidal wave on Galakras didn't seem to work.

Deleted
    frost bolt on korkron shaman (7th boss) works, used it while tanking last night.

can sim the chain lightning from farseers on garrosh phase 1. hits ~250k each target.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorned View Post
    For the tank solo battle on Norushen, you can dark sim Hurl Corruption. You may need to use AMS or another minor timer to survive he cast, however.
    Tried this multiple times last night and never got it to work.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Shaman is probably the best one to steal that I use. I have no idea if it scales with frost mastery or not, but I typically glyph DSim and use it on CD as blood. Hits for 600k and crits for 1.2 million. Well worth the GCD and RP. Over an 8 minute fight you could get 16 uses out of it, nearing 10 million damage at the very least (more because of crits).

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathnruin View Post
    Tried this multiple times last night and never got it to work.
    I definitely had it work for me last night, but I never had more than one hurl corruption cast at me downstairs. Add dies pretty fast.

Deleted
    spoils of pandaria both mogu and mantid side medium boxes, 150% haste rune of power from mogu, 5% raiddmg from mantid

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    spoils of pandaria both mogu and mantid side medium boxes, 150% haste rune of power from mogu, 5% raiddmg from mantid
    I'll have to try that one out tonight.

I'll have to try that next week, I havn't gone in for a kill on it yet so it will be worth going in next week to test that for heroic

You can dark sim players that get mind controlled on garrosh and get awesome stuff like tranq and power word barrier and all that jazz. Just tell them to be aware if they have dark sim on them and if they can afford to use something (like wings if you're a dps or a personal if you're a tank) to use it early. The warlock in our group always gives me his 40% since he has a crap ton of cooldowns, which helps when tanking adds they may have gotten stacks, or standing in swirly death to keep him from moving (I'm a blood dk).

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta try the Dark sim on Dark Shamans next week and see how much damage i deal.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

It ends up being a lot of damage, can easily be 5%+ if your overall damage for the fight. And it gets even better as you increase in difficulty and raid size.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    It ends up being a lot of damage, can easily be 5%+ if your overall damage for the fight. And it gets even better as you increase in difficulty and raid size.
    Yeah I can't wait for Garrosh heroic for this, chain lightning does 438750 to 461250 non crit so it could easily crit for near 1 mill damage on multiple mobs. On heroic Dark Shammy the bolt does 650000 in 25, for frost that will be even higher but even baseline that's a huge bit of damage specially if it crits

You might find http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t133185-...e_spreadsheet/ useful to answer whether DarkSim is useful for each fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder