Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    1) It is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) profession to level.
    Yeah. Farming the mats for 1-600 takes about half a day if you do it during nighttime/in the morning.
    Very hard indeed.

Like always, the price will be insane in the first few days - but seeing how many people are already preparing to make/sell one, there surely will be a lot of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    actually no I am not trolling lol nice try though? and no it was not anyone from my guild but it was offered to me and I took it....i don't know what you think this would be a troll for? i was paid a week before 5.4 dropped from a guy that whispered me in the shrine after i used my boots lol. he offered 250k and I took it...something wrong with that?
    Again, some random guy just hands u 250K to wait 30 days to make a mount? Maybe your really telling the truth but if so, i guess it is true there truly are complete dumb asses that have to much gold, either way, It's probably irrelevant that i believe you or not, i still think think your full of crap, that mount is not worth more then 50k, up to 100k on release. Im a BS i have to wait 21-28 days on a piece of 553 gear so if what you say is true i should at least get 100k for legs right? Either way glad you got lucky, probably 1 in a million shot but congrads, you officially found the dumbest person that plays wow.

Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    Again, some random guy just hands u 250K to wait 30 days to make a mount? Maybe your really telling the truth but if so, i guess it is true there truly are complete dumb asses that have to much gold, either way, It's probably irrelevant that i believe you or not, i still think think your full of crap, that mount is not worth more then 50k, up to 100k on release. Im a BS i have to wait 21-28 days on a piece of 553 gear so if what you say is true i should at least get 100k for legs right? Either way glad you got lucky, probably 1 in a million shot but congrads, you officially found the dumbest person that plays wow.
    well i can assure you that it really is the truth...and I run a pretty respectable guild so the guy knows there is no way I would screw him out of the money, pretty trustworthy. But ya I don't think I was overly lucky I guess but he offered it and who was I to talk him into giving me a lower amount. If he wanted to pay that I was gonna let him lol. notice in my previous post i said under 100k, as I believe it will go for that. the first week or so on med to low pop realms easy.

Deleted
    Don't be mad just because you desperately want the mount but can't afford it

100k at least

Quote Originally Posted by murphs View Post
    Don't be mad just because you desperately want the mount but can't afford it

100k at least
    Considering i have over 600k across all toons, i could care less. Second, i have a druid alt if i really need to herb i can switch a prof. Third, i have numerous engineers in our guild and can get one day one for just the mats, so no im not upset i cant afford one, i just feel 250k for eng mount vs 300k spectral mount, you can see the clear winner here.

@pallyopness, Though i still call bs, if it's true then seriously congrads on making bank from a moron

Considering i have over 600k across all toons, i could care less. Second, i have a druid alt if i really need to herb i can switch a prof. Third, i have numerous engineers in our guild and can get one day one for just the mats, so no im not upset i cant afford one, i just feel 250k for eng mount vs 300k spectral mount, you can see the clear winner here.

@pallyopness, Though i still call bs, if it's true then seriously congrads on making bank from a moron
    Lol don't worry my guild called him a moron too, but he just wants to make sure he has it the first day he can and this money insures he will. I am more than certain gold isnt an issue with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metonae View Post
    Average price of materials on Kazzak-EU was 16K last week (didn't check this week). Guessing it won't be far off on other realms, so a reasonable price would be 30-40K.
    50 to 100K is way too much.
    They aren't going to go below 100k. Pretty sure everyone is gonna count around 2k per daily cd plus mats, plus living steel, plus crafting tip.

100k is outrageous. I have quite a few engineers and plan on selling it for around 50k if I can. That's a little more than 1k profit a day from spending 30 seconds.

I'd say that's decent.

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    I am planning to come back to wow around thanksgiving/Christmas. My budget for this mount is around 10k, max 15k. Yeah i know i am a cheapo.
    Me too! Only my budget will probably be 50K.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Absolute rubbish. You absolutely can put an item up for 10x it's "investment " ( and by investment I'm assuming you mean the quaint definition of mat cost) if other factors create a market in which it will be able to be sold at that price such as scarcity, prestige, availability of gold etc. Hell, I sold plenty of Royal Satchels for prices pushing 8k during the early months of MoP and the last consideration I had when pricing those bags was the cost of Windwool Cloth (which is all I needed to create one when reduced to base mats).
    Now, I'm not saying these mounts will sell for 10x their "investment" cost, but if they don't it will have nothing to do with their mat cost and more to with their availability versus desirability.
    Man inscribers had a tougher job if you had one. You had to have a perfect proc in order to make a deck in one month using ONE inscriber, since you had 1/32 chance to get a card you need. And the price for deck wasnt 100k and price for mats was more then 20k at the start, for 8 cards, now add proc chance and there you go. Every engineer that got the recipe and on my low populated server i know 6 who got it on one faction will have it, there is no chnace to make it, once you had the recipe it is yours!!! So no, if the mats cost 30k, chances of selling one for 300k are slim, thats is like making 10k gold each day with 1min investment.
    There is something called supply and demand, many would like to have it and many have leveled engineer in order to make one for them and to sell it, what do you think will happen to price when you see 20x or even much more?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    If only we hade a Engineering Association to fend for ourselfs here. We are left to slaughter one another in a unending undercutting war that would end as near as production costs as the most desperate person will dare... capitalism at its worst if you ask me.

Bottom line is, everyones making one, it takes having engineering maxed out and due diligence for 30s to get it made at max efficency... and we can only charge for that mats + whatever margin the market lets us have. This way only the AH players proffit (again), while the one doing the actual work have to settle for beating each other up and making absurdly low margins that dont account for their work.

If you told someone in finanse to settle for something like that they would spit in your face because their time and effort are worth billions.
    But as you said it took you 30sec to make mats, and most of ppl got recipe by doing daily quests and farming rep on Timeless Isle, so you simply cant use that as a time invested for just one thing, getting recipe. Recipe has a chance, that is granted, but many, and I do mean many engineers went there and got recipe in 2 days of "farming". Rest is just time invested to click a button on your profession tab and to buy mats if you need them.

They'll be worth about 60-80k, I think. and if you list one for this, and it does sell, be prepared for tons of tells and ingame mail telling you that you have it priced way too high.

They cost nothing to make and the mats take about 15 seconds per day to make, you can fly around Jade Forest for an hour and have enough ghost iron to cover an entire week, 60 ghost iron bars for trillium>living steel (less if you have transmute procs) and 10 for the engineer thing

I'm on a high pop server so I'm sure all the mounts will be over 500K on the first day and I'm also sure there is someone who will pay that much for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    God i hate when people use this damn excuse. It has nothing to do with the "how much the mats cost".

You obviously do not have an engineer. Here are some things you should know:

1) It is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) profession to level.
    2) There are not very many money making items for engineers. (mounts do not sell all that great due to the high cost to make them)
    3) It will take 30 days to make, using a daily CD.

So either level engineering - or pay what we (as engineers who took the time to level it and learn the necessary recipes) want to sell it for - an no less.

If you dont want to pay our price, then level it yourself, or gtfo cause you are dead wrong if you think anyone will sell it for the 16k you think it should go for.
    What

I leveled eng from 0 to max with liek 6k gold, its nothing

Deleted
    Troll harder, even people with half a brain know your full of crap, so i can buy an eng mount for 250k even though i can get a very rare spectral tiger on my realm for 300k. You must really think people are stupid, no one in there right mind would pre-pay you 250k up front for the mount and if it was a guildie or IRL you truly are a ignorant douchebag.

Keep it civil please.
    300k? That's cheap. They sell on ebay for like 4-500 dollars.

Duped items perhaps.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-09-21 at 01:03 AM.

To be honest, I really don't see them going for that much. This won't be a perfect argument, but lets take my realms population from WoWProgress (Mal'ganis.) It lists Mal'ganis as having 13,071 unique Horde characters that have at least killed something in T15 normal. I like to think that anyone that's serious about raiding on a character will generally level Engineering for the glove tinker, and obviously not all of these characters are serious raiders. Even if just 1/4 of these people are serious raiders, that would be 3,267 mounts on day 30, assuming that each person does the daily CD each day diligently. Even if just 1/8 of this population pool was people with engineering, that amounts to 1,633 mounts on day 30. That's not even taking into consideration people who have multiple engineers (I personally know people with upwards of 3 engineers, all working towards a mount.)

Basically what I see is a product that is going to hit the market on day 30 when dailies reset, and there is going to be a lot of them. I think that obviously whoever is on when dailies reset and gets it crafted first has the potential to sell it for an absurd amount, maybe upwards up 200k+ if there's someone with more gold than brains online, but by the end of just that first day? These things will be incredibly populated in trade chat. I expect the price to plateau incredibly fast. There is going to be an intense undercutting war once these are crafted, and it will only hurt Engineers.

All that being said though, I really do hope some of you Engineers are the lucky ones who make an insane profit off of these things. It's always nice to make a nice chunk of gold.

Edit: Forgot to add, the smaller the population on your realm the more you will make. On my old realm (Skullcrusher) there's a population of 1,761 Horde, so the number of mounts is obviously going to be much smaller, and I'd assume this would net everyone making one a nice hunk of gold as a result.
    Last edited by Finick; 2013-09-21 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My server is very very low pop, so when one goes up, probably a month from now it will be 200k and no one will buy it, there will just be one up on the auction house for months before the seller gives up and learns It himself.

Oh the joys of an empty server.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    What

I leveled eng from 0 to max with liek 6k gold, its nothing
    I leveled it on a low populated server for some 13k in one day...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    My server is very very low pop, so when one goes up, probably a month from now it will be 200k and no one will buy it, there will just be one up on the auction house for months before the seller gives up and learns It himself.

Oh the joys of an empty server.
    You can transfer some expensive pet to high populated realm, well buy it learn it and then cage it on that realm, sell it there and buy mount cheaper, since they are account wide

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already seen my friends and guild mates pre sell their mounts over 200k. Why do people on this thread believe it wont happen. This WILL be the most sought out crafted mount in this game. It will sell high.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The crafted mount markets usually get screwed up really fast, too many idiots in this game who will undercut by thousands just to try to sell it faster. On my server I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they eventually ended up less than mat cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    ALOT. Bloody thing takes 30 days to fricken make.