Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Purified Bindings of Immerseus - worth for each spec?

Hey guys

I just picked up that trinket on LFR (ilvl 528) on my mage alt. The alt currently rocks 526 Volatile Talisman and 502 Wushoolay's Choice. Would it be worth replacing either of them for the new one? I'm really not keen on how the equip affects the specs. Any ideas/sims?

Also, is it me or does SoO seem to lack a great deal of haste items?

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Fabel/simple

Cheers

I liked playing with Wushoolay's a lot more when it ramped up over 20 seconds. I'm looking to replace it because now it's more of an annoyance. I feel like it procs all the time which means I'm not maximizing using it a lot more often. I'd rather just focus on playing well consistently instead of trying to take advantage of 20k spellpower once every 30 seconds. Altering your rotation to try to refresh at 10 stacks or trying to time Barrage at 10 stacks is a pain in the ass with how often it procs. Replacing it is going to be a quality of life improvement. It's a damn good trinket, but personally I think it requires too much micro-management which ends up infringing on the flow of things (mostely Arcane).

Cycobi posted this in another thread:

Both of them are pretty awful. I'd probably replace wushu

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of Volatile Talisman. It is pretty bad compared to the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    For frost I view it as a 'meh' trinket - remember stats don't scale well for frost.

Blood and Totem do so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    For frost I view it as a 'meh' trinket - remember stats don't scale well for frost.

Blood and Totem do so much more.
    For those of us who aren't fortunate enough to have killed Garrosh/obtained a BB though, I'd say it's better than anything else you'll get this tier.

*Using WF Totem and Flex Bindings because 13/14 /sadness*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Be happy you've had trinkets drop at all!

Deleted
    Still got crappy trinkets myself!
    I would replace the volatile IMO

I would keep wush and get rid of VPA, it would free up some haste by letting you change some +hit gems and reforges. I would also get rid of +Int gems and aim for more haste overall, if it were me.

Eh? I'd imagine frost is one of the specs that gets the most benefit from it, given (1) the large proportion of its damage that's derived from critical hits, which benefits from the crit damage, and (2) the fact the it stacks haste and mastery, which benefit from the rating multiplier.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2013-09-26 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Eh? I'd imagine frost is one of the specs that gets the most benefit from it, given (1) the large proportion of its damage that's derived from critical hits, which benefits from the crit damage, and (2) the fact the it stacks haste and mastery, which benefit from the rating multiplier.
    The int proc isn't RPPM.

The int proc isn't RPPM.
    Even if it was, it wouldn't scale with haste.

The int proc isn't RPPM.
    ... And?

(20/115) = 17.4% effective minimum uptime on the int proc on the amplification trinket (a bit higher than that for fight lengths that aren't a precise integer multiple of the ICD)

1.13*0.92*(10/60) = 17.3% average uptime on the int proc for BBoY and Kadris baseline, with an extra 10/(fight length) uptime from the extra proc on the pull, so let's call it ~19.7% average uptime (assuming 7 min fight length).

The procs on the RPPM trinkets are shorter and happen more frequently, which favors DoT snapshotting, but that's a fine-tuning min/max-level issue. What I'm referring to with the amplification trinket is more of a sledgehammer, because the passive on that trinket is just massively overbudget. You can see calculations for elemental shamans here, which should roughly translate to frost mages, since both specs derive a large proportion of their damage from critical strikes, and they both stack haste+mastery. Biggest difference is that you don't benefit from the extra spirit.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2013-09-26 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More haste, more actions, more actions, more multistrike.

The haste and mastery are attractive on the bindings. I'm sure it's a good trinket option but Totem/Blood makes the most sense. Totem/Cleave with frost bomb makes the most fun.

Update: Yup I think I am wrong on this one. Bindings WF'd or higher would be better now that I'm ilvl 560.

It's close though.

- - - Updated - - -

Calculations based off my BiS Gear List with an empty trinket slot (Blood is assumed BiS)
    20000 haste 27805 intellect
    9300 mastery

Purified Bindings of Immerseus (Heroic WF):
    20/115 = 17.4% effective uptime
    14039 intellect. 20 sec. 115 ICD
    +744 mastery +1600 haste (2344 secondary stats)
    (compare to +2339 of HWF Black Blood)
    crit dmg = 1+(1+0.08)*1.5=2.62 crit dmg modifier on ~57% of casts/ticks
    if I do 65000000 dmg of casts, crit factor scales it to 97071000 roughly for a gain of 4149600 damage
    Since frost has huge shatter component which ups our crit rate and affects nearly every FFB and IL, this is a substantial amount of damage.

Totem (Heroic WF):
    1.13*0.92*(10/60) +(10/60) ~= 20% effective uptime
    4.4% - 5.2% of total damage, in a 65000000 dmg of casts, it would 3120000 dmg, which is 1029600 less damage

So yeah I think I was wrong, like, by a lot. My initial reasoning for the totem was based off a misunderstanding of pet casts being able to proc multistrike. I also was not scaling the bindings up to my BiS gear, but rather the gear I had on at the time.

I now revise my BiS to be bindings + blood.

But remember, the most fun thing in the game is multistrike + cleave frost bomb :P

Deleted
    Purified Bindings of Immerseus is BiS for every Mage Spec! Btw heroic WF = 9.0023%

Expanded Mind uptime is higher than Toxic Power in average (1 - 2%) for me so far and KTT is second BiS trinket for Frost and Arcane. Dunno about Fire, but I guess they go for BBoY second.

I now revise my BiS to be bindings + blood.
    BBoY vs. KTT is probably a bit more up in the air (BBoY's proc averages out to ~10% more intellect and you can do more things with snapshotting the top-end proc value, but the multistrike portion of KTT should be worth noticeably more than BBoY's static haste).

Also worth pointing out that you'll get heroic KTT way before you'll get heroic BBoY.

Deleted
    Cant really use BBoY for anything during progress, id rather pick up immerseus + kardris HC than nWF bboY that goes both for fire and frost.

BiS is cool and all, but once you get BBoY Hc game is over any way..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, final tiers are fun for really getting you actual BiS.

Had ages in DS playing around with stuff.

Deleted
    Just a note on Purified : The ICD is 115s but it take between 1s and 10s to proc, with a greater chance around 5s.
    So I take 120s. So it can be up for nearly every Frozen Orb. Lesser uptime but better use of it !!!!

@akraen: you're calculation seem good but I would have do crit damage differently but the result would be teh same.
    As Pete and Polar (on the other thread) have show is that this trinket is better with Ilevel (no surprise here) ad it's better part is the Crit's damage.
    Don't forget that the passive mastery double-dip with Crit's damage !!