Deleted

R-druids T16 crap ?

I checked askmrrobot, different forums and so on - nowhere r-druids are suggested to change T15 for new T16 set - due set bonuses. Is it right ? Im a bit confused. It becomes that T15 is bis for r-druids!

I believe it is because t15 4p makes our new ability; Genesis, so much stronger. Along with new Efflorescence healing being on the mushroom for 5m the t15 2p is also very strong with 5.4 where as the new t16 bonuses are kind of crap and don't work well with how druids are healing in 5.4. It kind of sucks but with the amp trinket boosting the two main stats (Mastery/haste) we're only slightly behind on the stat loss from t15 to t16. We'll be keeping t15 4p until blizzard decides to nerf it into the ground like they did with paladins t13 when ToT was released.

The t15 bonuses synergizes well with the changes brought on by 5.4.

Permanent shrooms, your t15 2set basically makes efflo heal 4 (up from 3), when efflo no longer is a semi high uptime spell, but a full uptime spell, this makes it rock hard.

Rejuvs progressivly increasing by 6%, a rejuv on tank, followed by genesis, followed by swiftmend before it expires (swiftmend proccing SotF), followed by a new rejuv, and then another genesis, this is somewhere in the region of 700-900k healing in 5 globals, and is quite possibly the strongest single target healing burst you can do right now (rejuv, genesis, swiftmend, rejuv, genesis, that is 5 GCD's that can be performed while running), the closest competition is 5xregrowths (more time, cant be done mobile), which to me translates into 5x140k, 700k, wont get higher/lower because crit is already guaranteed 100%(if glyped).

Rejuvs on 4 raid members, then genesis, then 4 new, then genesis, during a legendary cloak procc, is also an explosive healing burst made more potent by 4set t15.

The tier 16 bonuses does not really affect our burstability at all, which is why we are feeling a bit legshot by them. Thank god they changed the 4p from being a living seed glorifier....!

You will probably want to change IF you have 4 pieces available, i.e going from 4xt15 to 4xt16, because of overall stat gain compensating some of the loss you take on from dropping previous bonuses.

If your playstyle involves VERY high spirit build (and therefor a lot of rejuv spam), you might even want to hold off until you can go from 4t15HC to you can get 4t16HC.
    Last edited by Bzl; 2013-09-21 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinituu View Post
    I checked askmrrobot, different forums and so on - nowhere r-druids are suggested to change T15 for new T16 set - due set bonuses. Is it right ? Im a bit confused. It becomes that T15 is bis for r-druids!
    Depends in part on item level of the upgrades; normal 2/2 T15 4 set is worth breaking into normal T16 2/4 set simply because of the raw stats. Heroic 2/2 T15 4 set though I'd hold off until you get heroic T16 2/4 sets before breaking simply because the stat gain from 543 -> 561 isn't enough to outweigh T15's bonuses. Course this is from a 25 man perspective where the need for more instant heals is diminished given the number of healers available.

That's not to say T16's bonuses are bad. However given the relatively weak boost that T16 offers to T15 it's better for your raid to pass Vanq tokens to Rogues (whose T15 4 set went to crap) DKs (amazing T16 2 set) and other Druids.. Can't comment about Mages as I don't play one.

I tried to make this clear in a similar thread but the stat gain from T15 4 set -> T16 4 set is not worth the loss of 8% healing on rejuv and 33% bonus healing on Efflo.

The thing about resto T16 is that it's a fantastic set, aside from the set bonuses. The itemization is considerably better than that of T15, but the 4T15 set bonus is very useful.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

On a back of an envelope glance the T16 2 piece bonus looks roughly equivalent to the T15 4 piece. Every rejuvenation gives 12% or 14.4% (depending on breakpoint) of a free healing touch? How much extra healing does the T15 4 piece give at those breakpoints?

If it is BiS then expect those bonus' to get nerfed. You will be going to T16 one way or the other. It is what Blizzard does these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Olcar View Post
    On a back of an envelope glance the T16 2 piece bonus looks roughly equivalent to the T15 4 piece. Every rejuvenation gives 12% or 14.4% (depending on breakpoint) of a free healing touch? How much extra healing does the T15 4 piece give at those breakpoints?
    HT takes time to cast (even when instant), so it's not entirely "free" healing. It's also likely to overheal, as you don't always need a big heal on a single target. I feel that 2T16 would have been more useful in Cataclysm than in MoP.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Allright so there's a GCD cost and a complexity cost. Arguably there's adequate compensation for that if it does more potential healing.

I like the new set bonuses because they reward skilled play and Blizzard effectively removed some of the decision making we used to have to do with swiftmend timing/placement and Cenarion Ward. Cenarion Ward was marginally better for me in 10 man before but with its GCD cost I can't justify it compared to the passive, zero skill Ysera's Gift. Sage Menders will hopefully fill some of the void left by Cenarion Ward both in decision making and as a single target regrowth substitute.