Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Whats the enrage timer on heroic ? 3 tanks and 3 heal seen like a lot of wasted DPS for a 10 man. I hate it that 25s can simply switch 1 DPS for a tank and everything is fine for then and 10s have to sacrifice 17% of theyre total DPS to add a new tank and another 17% for a healer...
    You don't need to 3 heal it, at least not in normal(and doubtful in heroic). The tank damage gets spiky but rotating disarms on Haromm is big for reducing the damage, and the damage to the raid overall is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    You don't need to 3 heal it, at least not in normal(and doubtful in heroic). The tank damage gets spiky but rotating disarms on Haromm is big for reducing the damage, and the damage to the raid overall is minimal.
    Goodluck with that, i would highly suggest 3 healering hc DS with 3 tanks.

We tried this boss that the end of our raid tonight tonight and with a 3 melee group comp it seemed a bit of a clusterfuck.

Looking for some advice as to whether people suggest we run 3 tank/2heal, 2 tank/3 heal or 2 tank/2heal? And should we keep them stacked or separated?

We tried running 2 tank/3 heal but that meant we lost our ele shamans DPS on the adds. Our group comp is monk/bear tank, monk/disc/resto sham(ele mainspec) + ret/warr/rogue/mage/lock. Our healers said the tank damage felt very high (we were swapping at 6 stacks) and weren't really happy about 2 healing the fight.

Just wondering what strat people would suggest with such a melee heavy comp, other than benching them. Would we be best forcing one of the melee to tank (probably the ret) and splitting the raid into two groups? I'd like to keep them stacked up for the cleave DPS but it just seems too chaotic with the tanks, both bosses and three melee all stacked up on each other.

Slight thread ninja I know, but seemed better to post here than make a totally new thread, as it's for the same boss and a similar topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    The only problem my group had (10) is that these bastards keep resetting. Any ideas what might be causing this? (so we save ~1h we wasted on stupid resets this week)
    On our first pull the female one got stuck inside the path just outside the doorway where you pull them, and kept glitch teleporting the tank to her any time they went out of her melee range. You can imagine how well that went with the giant red pool of death/adds/storm.

I would imagine it's something to do with that - we're trying to keep her away from that area entirely now.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-09-23 at 02:18 AM.

I was wondering if it's viable to split the bosses the other way. I think it should be doable for a DK to tank the wavebinder without a healer needed. The blood shield should be enough to absorb the debuff and healing done by death strike should be enough to out heal the frostbolts. It would allow the whole raid to be on Haromm.

Have anyone tried this strategy? Could it be easier than the usual strategy thanks to gear?

Even if we killed Blackfuse the other day in HC, DarkShamans are still a pain...

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked a question here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post25717232 about 2 tanking heroic dark shamans, any ideas or links to heroic 2 tank videos?
    Are there any feasible 2 tank raid placement tips out there for HEROIC shamans? In all ways I look at it, we will not get a third tank for this fight (end of expansion boredom and other stuff (our best pulls have been w/ 3 tanks and 2/8 tac)). We have given couple of goes with 2 tanks. Got to 40ish % I think. The problem was by that point that there was so many tornadoes and whirlies on the ground between tanks and raid at we just got separated and people ran out of room.

On normal version we just have Haromm at Garrosh's house's entrance and Kadris at AH and just tankswap on need, while raid stays in the middleish area. On heroic only issue doing like that will be the Tombs... In all the angels I've looked at that fight and from those few pulls we made with 2 tanks it, I couldn't find a decent way to for raid to stack.

I just don't see the "normal move 2 shamans together" tactic being the best solution nor our normal tactic described above. Maybe can someone point me to a video or something (I couldn't find any (failed at youtube search I guess)) about 2 tanking.

On top of that should we take 2 or 3 healers (if we have ofc extra DPS) if we go with 2 tanks?
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-03-04 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Whats the enrage timer on heroic ? 3 tanks and 3 heal seen like a lot of wasted DPS for a 10 man. I hate it that 25s can simply switch 1 DPS for a tank and everything is fine for then and 10s have to sacrifice 17% of their total DPS to add a new tank and another 17% for a healer...
    The Enrage is 9 minutes according to VEM.

When we killed it this week on 25 HC we took Harromm, a Prot Warrior and Prot Paladin, Resto Shaman, Disc Priest and Holy Paladin (Me) up the ramp to the left of the encounter room (where the entrance to the drag usually is) and killed Harromm up there while 3 other healers and a Monk tank and all the DPS including Melee dealt with Kardris and that bosses Mechanics. We beat the encounter with 30 secs on the Enrage timer but that was with having 5 dead DPS (oddly only 1 Melee) down by Kardris while the boss was at like 50% and higher. Also once we filled the area at the top of the ramp with Ashen Walls and Iron Tombs we started moving down the ramp.

We put the Melee with Kardris because we had 10 Melee and they would keep Dumping Foul Stream on another 1 or 2 Melee and they would die so we found it easier just to deal with Harromm with just 2 tanks and 3 Healers.

And yes splitting them meant that only the Kardris group had to deal with Iron Prison, Adds and Tornadoes and only the 5 people up at Harromm had to deal with Toxic Mist, Iron Tomb, Froststorm Strike, Foul Stream and Ashen Walls and both groups still had to deal with Falling Ash. We found the least number of people at Harromm the better.

Also a tip as well. If you are sending people up to Harromm and none of them can Battle Res and you have a Holy Paladin. Get a Druid to Symbiosis them so they have Rebirth.
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2014-03-04 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDJZ View Post
    I was wondering if it's viable to split the bosses the other way. I think it should be doable for a DK to tank the wavebinder without a healer needed. The blood shield should be enough to absorb the debuff and healing done by death strike should be enough to out heal the frostbolts. It would allow the whole raid to be on Haromm.

Have anyone tried this strategy? Could it be easier than the usual strategy thanks to gear?

Even if we killed Blackfuse the other day in HC, DarkShamans are still a pain...
    Its possible for a DK to do it, not sure about other classes. I can't find the video right now, but somewhere on Youko(Chinese youtube) is a video of a blood dk in a chinese guild doing it, and I'm sure other videos exist elsewhere as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I asked a question here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post25717232 about 2 tanking heroic dark shamans, any ideas or links to heroic 2 tank videos?
    Its possible. Here(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGOfV16N_kQ) is a video of a non-split strat, from a warlock perspective.

Deleted
    NOt really.

Quote Originally Posted by TDJZ View Post

It is easier to split them "the other way" and there's a ton of discussion about it in other threads, including Zabuzan's guide. However, it's really not necessary to make anyone solo Kardriss and just puts all of the pressure of the fight on that one person if you do it. Use one healer and one tank (disc and anything but druid is ideal, druid tank has to use cooldowns, I think) on Kardriss.